Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: 2009 trike confirmed  (Read 15013 times)

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
Re: 2009 trike confirmed
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 10:47:27 AM »

The TriGlide is what drove the under the bike exhaust! So all touring exhaust is the same.

:pumpkin:
Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 11:21:24 AM »

Heres a decent shot

OK. I have been pretty disparaging of most of the 2009 bikes, mostly due to my GOLD Bike fetish -but that looks like something from the freakin Adams Family.

Can you see Lurch rippin down the street with Morticia and Gomez in the back??

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 06:11:20 PM »

Spoke to a dealer yesterday. He is scheduled to get his first TriGlide in November and then a second one in the Spring of 09. Not much of a production run but possibly HD wants to gauge the interest before going full bore on this thing. He also said that their trikes are coming with the "reverse gear" installed. Also they have added a chrome bumper to their deliveries. He did not have nor has he seen a copy of the spec sheet.

Don S

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 10:48:49 PM »

While down in FL this past week, Dad & I went shopping for Tri Glides. Well, he has a deposit on one! We stopped at Peterson's H-D in Miami, FL and they were willing to get my dad what he wanted at MSRP. The other dealers in the area were all at least $3k over MSRP. This is the way a dealer should work!!! My hat's off to the salesman, Chic Longnecker.

This is the email that they sent to him:
"I have attached a credit card for you to place a $1,000 deposit on a 2009 H-D Trike per
your request on Saturday, thank you. Once you have filled out the form and attached the
requested copies it can be faxed back to me @ (305) 493-3994. Please let me know as to
any options that you may require from H-D?

Red Hot Sunglo - $30,700 (slightly higher price than vivid black)
Electric Reverse - $1,195
Factory Security - $345
Dealer freight & Set Up - not 100% established yet. An ultra classic is $800 but we
anticipate an increase since the freight charge from H-D is app. $300 more than the ultra
classic. We anticipate around $1,200 total for freight & dealer set-up.

I will place your hold deposit on a Red Hot Sunglo Trike once I have received the attached
filled out paper work. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Chic Longnecker
Peterson´s H-D
Miami, FL"

Up front and honest. You have to respect that and I'm sure will earn my dad's business in the future.

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 10:55:49 PM »

Hard10
    I was talking to a dealer owner who happens to be a friend and he is of the opinion that there is no dealer setup on the trikes. Roll them off the truck, do a PDI and put it on the floor. We'll see.

Don S

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 10:59:32 PM »

Hard10
    I was talking to a dealer owner who happens to be a friend and he is of the opinion that there is no dealer setup on the trikes. Roll them off the truck, do a PDI and put it on the floor. We'll see.

Don S

I wouldn't doubt that one bit. But like I told my father, if the guy is going to make his only markup on the freight and PDI so be it. Even at $1200, it's less than the $3k over MSRP plus FRT & PDI.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 11:22:42 PM »

Labor Day weekend we took a quick trip to Lubbock TX.  Went through Wichita Falls TX on the way.  We stopped at the HD dealer and they had a TriGlide on the floor, but it was sold.  We were told that they had a list of 20+ waiting to get a trike.  Salesman also said that they would be lucky to get three more.

BTW, they said they sell at MSRP

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 11:27:29 PM »

Labor Day weekend we took a quick trip to Lubbock TX.  Went through Wichita Falls TX on the way.  We stopped at the HD dealer and they had a TriGlide on the floor, but it was sold.  We were told that they had a list of 20+ waiting to get a trike.  Salesman also said that they would be lucky to get three more.

BTW, they said they sell at MSRP

We heard the same thing. A lot of dealers said they had one or two coming but were already spoken for. Ft. Lauderdale HD had one on the floor at $12k over that was already sold! (Yes, I said $12k OVER)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »

We heard the same thing. A lot of dealers said they had one or two coming but were already spoken for. Ft. Lauderdale HD had one on the floor at $12k over that was already sold! (Yes, I said $12k OVER)

With the average HD owner getting older every year, I am sure HD will ramp up production when they figure out that they have a new "cash-cow".

BTW, the TriGlide we saw in Wichita Falls sure needed a lot more chrome..... a lot!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 12:49:27 AM »

With the average HD owner getting older every year, I am sure HD will ramp up production when they figure out that they have a new "cash-cow".

BTW, the TriGlide we saw in Wichita Falls sure needed a lot more chrome..... a lot!

$2k of that $12k @ Ft. Lauderdale HD was chrome. They added floorboards, light trim rings, stereo trim rings, derby covers and a bunch of other do dads that may or may not fit everyone's taste. It was clearly a way to add to the profitability. I agree it needs a little tweeking but so do most SE that we buy!  ;D ( >:()

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 07:47:42 AM »

when i spoke to a european hd trike builder, they said the Electric Reverse was not very powerful and (only to be used in emergencies) its betta to fit an extra gear in the box with an extra control lever to reverse 1st gear.
I donno how moco describe there Electric Reverse.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 10:00:49 AM »

when i spoke to a european hd trike builder, they said the Electric Reverse was not very powerful and (only to be used in emergencies) its betta to fit an extra gear in the box with an extra control lever to reverse 1st gear.
I donno how moco describe there Electric Reverse.
i heard somewhere it engages the starter motor through supper low gears

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 10:32:31 AM »

$2k of that $12k @ Ft. Lauderdale HD was chrome. They added floorboards, light trim rings, stereo trim rings, derby covers and a bunch of other do dads that may or may not fit everyone's taste. It was clearly a way to add to the profitability. I agree it needs a little tweeking but so do most SE that we buy!  ;D ( >:()

What motor is in the trike? I had a 2001 With big bore kit and with out that, power would have been a problem. I am sure your dad is going to have a hoot on this one. :bananarock:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 10:37:59 AM »

What motor is in the trike? I had a 2001 With big bore kit and with out that, power would have been a problem. I am sure your dad is going to have a hoot on this one. :bananarock:

The engine is a Screamin Eagle 103! Yes, that made me happy. As far as the reverse gear, it is electric. It is not intended to back you up a hill put enough to get you out of a parking spot. I have already explained to him that because it's electric and running concurrently with the transmission, he has to be careful about accidentally hitting the switch while in forward motion.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 11:58:45 AM »

i think the reverse is more a gimmick than a useful tool, the motor will quickly burn out if over used.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.