Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Opinions on Le Pera Seat  (Read 11896 times)

rainierexpress

• Wherever you go, there you are

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Softail Springer
Opinions on Le Pera Seat
« on: August 26, 2008, 01:03:37 AM »

I want to replace the stock seat on my 08 FXSTSSE2 and like to look and quality of the Le Pera King Cobra or Silhouette. Does anyone have any experience with Le Pera seats? The other issue is I'm 6'3" and can use all the leg room I can get. I already have the Ness 3" forward extension, and that helps. If any of you tall folks have a seat you like, let me know. I don't really like the HD TallBoy. Had one on my old softail and was not really impressed. Thanks.
2008 CVO Softail Springer
Anniversary Colors
Vance and Hines Big Radius 2-2
ThunderMax with Autotune
Blenn-Air Oil Cooler
Ness 3" Forward Control Extension

h82lose

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Opinions on Le Pera Seat
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:54:31 AM »

have 1 on my 08 springer,just came back from 2800 mile ride to arizona and back. seat has gel in front and back. no seat problems and fit is outstanding
'08 orange springer, '05 teal seeg-10/23/04,  '79 flh classic,  '05 jag S type R- british racing GREEN

InfernoSE

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 12:07:04 PM »

have 1 on my 08 springer,just came back from 2800 mile ride to arizona and back. seat has gel in front and back. no seat problems and fit is outstanding

Got any pics?

keimee

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 05:10:31 PM »

I have the Maverick seat on mine which is close to the Silhouette, but a little larger seating area from what I can tell in Le Pera's photos.  I don't have the gel in mine, but it is very comfortable.  I know a few folks that ride quite often and longer distance who say the gel is definitely worth the extra money.  I am going to try and attach a photo of my seat.  I am a shorter rider and had them add 2 inches of foam to the front of the seat to push me forward so dont let that confuse you in the picture.  Hope this helps you.

Keith
Keith

InfernoSE

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 08:13:17 PM »

Great looking seat!   :2vrolijk_21:  Thanks for the pic.

rainierexpress

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 12:46:41 AM »

I have the Maverick seat on mine which is close to the Silhouette, but a little larger seating area from what I can tell in Le Pera's photos.  I don't have the gel in mine, but it is very comfortable.  I know a few folks that ride quite often and longer distance who say the gel is definitely worth the extra money.  I am going to try and attach a photo of my seat.  I am a shorter rider and had them add 2 inches of foam to the front of the seat to push me forward so dont let that confuse you in the picture.  Hope this helps you.

Keith

Thanks for the information. That is a great looking seat.
Anniversary Colors
ThunderMax with Autotune
Blenn-Air Oil Cooler

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 02:18:27 PM »

Curious what you didn't like about the HD TallBoy seat.I put one on my bike and love it.I am also tall and have the three inch extended controls,plus the seat lifts me up and back two to three inches.I know it looks kind of fat,but no one else seems to notice. I recently went on a 1800 mile trip and it was very comfortable over the stock seat.

rainierexpress

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 11:19:57 PM »

Curious what you didn't like about the HD TallBoy seat.I put one on my bike and love it.I am also tall and have the three inch extended controls,plus the seat lifts me up and back two to three inches.I know it looks kind of fat,but no one else seems to notice. I recently went on a 1800 mile trip and it was very comfortable over the stock seat.

I had nothing against the looks of the seat. The shape just didn't match my body or something like that. I kept getting lower back aches after about an hour on the road. I'm 50 years old now, so the back aches may may be from age rather than the seat. I just figure I will try something different and see how it goes.
Anniversary Colors
ThunderMax with Autotune
Blenn-Air Oil Cooler

keimee

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »

I had a request for some different views of the seat on my bike so here are a few more pics guys.  The Le Pera seat flows really well with the bike, but everyone has their own opinion.  This one is mine and I like it. You can see the Bassani pro streets in the pics if you were curious about the pipes.  14 inch windvest in the front.  Thanks for the the interest in the bike.  I would have had these pics on sooner but I had the bike at the dealership for the recall and you guessed it.......they scratched the tank and frame while it was there.  Needless to say we had a few nasty words when I went back and they just got done polishing and buffing out the scratches they put in it.  Thanks for being patient.
Keith

keimee

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 06:26:24 PM »

more
Keith

keimee

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 06:27:27 PM »

another
Keith

keimee

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 06:28:28 PM »

another
Keith

keimee

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 06:31:50 PM »

Last one I promise.
Keith

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 08:52:18 AM »

Nice looking bike! Beautiful seat as well. I rode a wide glide with a La Pera on it for a few days in July and a few days in August in Sturgis (rental) and couldn't get used to it. Seemed too unforgiving. It was a silhouette model, quite a bit slimmer that yours. Looked great on the bike though.

amarillo_rider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 04:54:51 PM »

Yep - bike looks super ! Also the exhaust pipes are awesome BTW - not sure what it is though ..
The question I have for Le Pera owners is how it compares with stock seat in terms of body posture . The thing is - I had a Corbin Holywood (solo) mounted last week and despite the fact that the quality is superb - I haven't got the same "relaxed" position as I had on the stock seat. Mind you , I'm not a tall guy at 175cm but the Holywood solo just is too high up and too far from the handlebars from me (so maybe a good option for the taller riders amongst us). It's a darn shame - 500 Euro's down the drain (will try e-Bay).I'm okay on taking it on the chin and spend some more - but i won't take the risk anymore to purchase w/o trying . So I was thinking that the Le Pera Silouete resembles the original seat shape and position. Not sure though from the pics - I had that same idea from the Holywood solo vs the regular Corbin Solo .
I assume that the normal silouete or maverick (not the solo's ) fit like the regular HD seats (single nut in the back) -

thanks in advance

A_R

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 08:06:27 PM »

I owned a LaPera for another Harley, and though it appeared to be solidly made, I did not like and do not like the leather they use. It has the high gloss of "patent leather" — leather with a plastic coated surface. When this stuff gets scratched, it will show big time. When you throw a leg over your bike, occasionally your foot will drag across the seat, and sometimes the seat gets scratched. Mine did. Also, I don't like the look of leather that is that shiny, it looks greasy. Corbin leather is quite a bit better—when you apply conditioner to it, it soaks in and looks darker but not greased. I won't buy another La Pera. If you go into a furniture store like Copenhagen, they give you many choices of leather to choose from. The gloss shiny ones are always the cheapest. For the price La Pera charges, they should use better leather.

amarillo_rider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »

From the catalogue it seems indeed a bit on the glossy side - but I cannot judge really as I haven't had one in my hands to be honest . Had Mustangs and Corbins before - Despite the fact that the leather on the Corbins are definately a league a bove the former (which a sort of cheap skai leather)- they are bloody expensive in this neck of woods (roughly 540 dollar for a solo Hollywood).  I will check out the gunfighter as it appears to be more akin to the original FXSTSSE seat ....the Holywood is very different and way too high up and to far back - So I'd need to grow an inch (plateaushoes ;-) and mount a dragbar with more pull ....
 :soapbox:I'd rather shop along a bit further before resorting to these drastic measures though // :soapbox:

:'(

A_R

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 08:50:50 PM »

I rode over to North Hollywood and had them put different foam patterns on my 2008 FXDSE2,
then I sat on them until I found the perfect fit. As you can see by the picture, the seat has two kinds of leather
and I had them put the GEL front and back.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:00:19 AM by rbaker »

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »

Let's see a pic of the whole seat!  Leather looks good on this one.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 11:10:21 PM »

Ok, here is one view.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 11:14:10 PM »

I am 6ft 2 in and had them remove 2 inches from the foam, so I would be further back in the seat.

This is the stock seat next to the new seat.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 11:25:26 PM »

This was taken in the parking lot of LePera. They brought out 5 different white foam patterns.
I took the stock seat off and then tried all 5 until I found the one that fit me.

They also asked me what type of leather I wanted, and after looking at their samples, I chose
the 2 different leathers, one for the top of the seat and the other for the sides of the seat.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 11:29:06 PM »

another foam pattern
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.