Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forward Controls  (Read 1945 times)

cvo_rider

Forward Controls
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:59:28 AM »

Just installed forward controls from HD. The best money I spent next to the mini apes. I was surprised how much difference 3 inches could make. Now I will start looking for a new seat. I am hoping to go to Octoberfest!
Doyle

drogers

• Full CVO Member
Re: Forward Controls
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 10:39:37 AM »

I did the same,plus installed the HD Tallboy seat.The seat was an even bigger improvement.Sat on a stock Springer at the dealer recently and couldn't believe how uncomfortable and cramped it was.For large riders these mods are worth every penny.

springer09

• 2nd place is the 1st loser

• CVO1: 09 cvo springer blue
    • CVO2: 08 cvo springer orange
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 10:47:02 AM »

do you have any pics.

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:27:15 PM »

I'll jump in here since I already have some pics.The HD extended forward controls are completely new controls,not just extensions.Around 650 bucks if I remember correctly.The seat is not as fat as it looks in the picture,but even if it was,it is so much more comfortable it's worth it.Plus it lifts you up and back 2-3".

springer09

• 2nd place is the 1st loser

• CVO1: 09 cvo springer blue
    • CVO2: 08 cvo springer orange
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 09:04:11 PM »

Those look great. Ihave that same seat very comfortable.thanks.

cvo_rider

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 07:46:27 PM »

guess I will check out the Tall Boy this weekend!
Thanks.
Doyle

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
  • Mankind, all equal; some more equal than others
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 01:46:53 AM »

Hi Doyle,
Nice ride you have there.....

When you mention 3 inches on your new forward controls, do you mean 3 inches higher, longer or shorter? I can't make it up looking at your pics.....

One more thing, I see you have the same mirrors I have and even though they sorted out the problem of just seeing my arms with the standard ones, if I ride over 80 MPH they tend to bend backwards and I have to keep adjusting them as I ride; I tried glueing them with Locktite, but nothing I do seems to work. Tightening screws have already been over-tightened due to the mentioned problem.

Best Regards,
Spanish Flyer
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:49:24 AM by Spanish Flyer »
STOCK BIKES SUCK!

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 02:31:40 AM »

Spanish Flyer :

Your mirrors shouldn't be moving at any speed... I'd be making a visit back to the stealer and have them replaced.

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »

Hi Doyle,
Nice ride you have there.....

When you mention 3 inches on your new forward controls, do you mean 3 inches higher, longer or shorter? I can't make it up looking at your pics.....

One more thing, I see you have the same mirrors I have and even though they sorted out the problem of just seeing my arms with the standard ones, if I ride over 80 MPH they tend to bend backwards and I have to keep adjusting them as I ride; I tried glueing them with Locktite, but nothing I do seems to work. Tightening screws have already been over-tightened due to the mentioned problem.

Best Regards,
Spanish Flyer

3" forward of stock.The mirrors suck,I went back to stock.They fall down,and they don't swing out far enough.

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
  • Mankind, all equal; some more equal than others
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 05:27:17 PM »

Thanks for your comments Drogers, very helful indeed. I was hoping the forward controls would be higher than standard, but that is not so. I'm looking for something that avoids me from hitting the tarmac and making my ride uneasy; it is really umpleasant and dangerous. might try one of those pneumatic rear suspensions I can adjust in height sush as SAS, but again the prices for such gadgets is forbbiding (more than 1600 $).

And Murphy, I very much doubt that the supplier of a totally wind unbalanced set of mirros will take them back just like that and bare in mind that I live in Spain and bought the dammed things in the US; It just pi$$es me off that HD gets away with such a bad design... but what can any of us with a 110 say other than "I hope the bike holds till the end of the summer" (mine is due in for a gasket ACR, crankcase bolt replacement), so who should worry about a lousy pair of mirrors not being well designed when your-his-my engine could be in for a massive failure.... Thank God the bike was cheap..... :confused5: :confused5: :confused5:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 05:29:01 PM by Spanish Flyer »
STOCK BIKES SUCK!

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.