Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Windshield for Road-Glide  (Read 24248 times)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Re: Windshield for Road-Glide
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2008, 12:10:35 PM »

The clearview seem to be the best material ( thick ) .
I am 6,07 ft , what`s about the clearview GTX Large , is it necessary or is the GT enough ,
( I do not want the wind blows in the ears on longer tours ).
It would be good to post your height with the comment about the shields , Please .  ::)
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »

you will not be pleased with the 12 in Klock Werk shield, they are flimsey and flop around at Idle, they do not come with a gasket or mounting Hardware, and the Turbulance at 75 mph will rattle you eyeballs. They do look good on a Road Glide.

Do you agree ?

What is the best shield ( no wind in the eyes and no wind at the ears ) for a 6.1 feet rider ?

The clearview XLarge with recurve or the Clearview Large with recurve or what ?

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2008, 12:45:38 PM »

IM 5' 11" and the large is plenty for me I probably could do with a medium my torso is short.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2008, 01:00:08 PM »

you will not be pleased with the 12 in Klock Werk shield, they are flimsey and flop around at Idle, they do not come with a gasket or mounting Hardware, and the Turbulance at 75 mph will rattle you eyeballs. They do look good on a Road Glide.

Do you agree ?

What is the best shield ( no wind in the eyes and no wind at the ears ) for a 6.1 feet rider ?

The clearview XLarge with recurve or the Clearview Large with recurve or what ?

My own experience with it agrees completely.  Looked good; sitting still on the driveway.  Was useless on the bike.  Loud, turbulent and generally annoying to ride behind.  Gave it a couple weeks to try it out.  Then removed it.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2008, 01:59:34 AM »

I think that here is no pic of a GT Large in grey tinted ,
WHY ?
All are clear , is the grey tinted not making sense ?

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2008, 03:43:44 AM »

Anyone know if it's possible to have a windshield tinted? I have a Clearview with the light tint but it's just not enough.

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2008, 11:47:46 AM »

Anyone know if it's possible to have a windshield tinted? I have a Clearview with the light tint but it's just not enough.

You can tint any windshield, but it will probably scratch over time.  It is best to order a shield that has the color molded in the plastic.  This way even if they scratch it can be buffed out. 

The windshield debate has been going on forever and I have tried a number of different shields on my bike.  The one I like the best is the ClearView GT Small with recurve.  This is -1 in. shorter than the standard RG factory window.  I custom ordered the shield from them in Dark Gray tint.  They use this material on their sport shield, but will also make a larger one if you like.  CV custom makes each shield to order, but they will not refund the $$ on a custom shield if you don't like it. 

I am attaching some pics of three of the shields I've used that seem to look the best on the bike.  I've also used the 12" KW and CV GT Large (+2" above stock).  I don't have a good pic of the 12" KW because I hated it so much it wasn't on the bike long enough for me to take a pic.  My profile pic has a photo of the CV GT Large, which has to be clear because you look through it.  The CV GT Large is an excellent shield, but I like the dark color better. 

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2008, 02:29:03 PM »

Jim I agree the last one on your list of pics looks good, is it the med or -1 CV?   Thanks Doc

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »

Jim I agree the last one on your list of pics looks good, is it the med or -1 CV?   Thanks Doc

It is the -1 CV w/recurve.  It is called GT Small on their website. 

I have tried about every shield you can get.  The bike is cool and needs an aggressive looking shield, but as the rider I also need the function.  I got a touring bike to tour with.  It is a PITA to change the shield to cruise and change it again to hit the road.  My goal was to find a shield that doesn't beat me to death or make me deaf while maintaining the balanced look of the bike.  The Dark Gray CV was the solution for me.  It is a solid color throughout and tall enough to keep the majority of the wind off of me.  I've had it up to 90 mph so far and I get some wind, but it works a million times better than KW.  The CV Large is much better at keeping the wind off of me, but I don't think the light gray tint looks as good as a darker color.  You can't go too dark on a shield you look through. 

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »

I've got the KW 8" Flare on my '07 RG... Beats the hell out of every other shorty I've had on, but still more wind than a tall-boy. I rode 4500 miles in 15 days back in July/Aug with this windshield... Tennessee to Canada around Lake Superior back into Minnesota through Iowa to Sturgis and then home the fast way. Did 775 miles in one day between the Missouri river and Illinois just east of St. Louis -- at highway speeds, in and out of fog and rain... had some challenges, but nothing that was a real problem.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »

The CV sport , standard angle with recurve looks very good .
( -2.25 ) isn`t on the CV-side ,
 is this -2.25 a custom ?

shredsurf

• '09 FLTR - Red Hot Sunglo
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »

Anyone running or have tried the Cee Bailey's - 14" Super Step Contour (dome) Shield?

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2009, 01:07:44 PM »

I have and you know as you have read the tread.  Doc   PS. I will not be looking for another shield till this one wears out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.