Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO  (Read 15337 times)

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
Re: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »

You make the case I have perpetuated for years, and that is:  DIY.   I have bought all kinds of tools; I even have a tire changer, so not to get things, as you say, phucked up!  Read AI mag - they have had a series of articles on the 110" design issues and why the current HD "fix" will only treat the symptom and the problem still exists.  I have the letter from the MOCO but am waiting for a symptom to show its ugly head.  I have 10,000+ on my UltraSE and have been lucky....so far.
My dealer, I believe, may be a tad better than your experience.  Dealer did do the SERT and a dyno with no bad cosmetic effects.
T-man

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

Re: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2009, 06:06:30 AM »

Have an 07 Road King Screaming Eagle that I love (but slipping out of love quickly) with 19,000 miles, with about 14 months of riding (in shop for upgrades and out of the country are my only days I have not ridden). I know every noise.  I've been riding 38 years, but first Harley.  Before my upgrade at 18,000 miles, not a single issue, after my upgrade I heard the tapping noise immediately, and am now having several other issues, including stalling.  All our dealers must attend the same training.  "I can't hear anything". and "I've heard worse".  I got HD involved, and demanded they send out someone from HD to ride and tell me what is going on.  They said it would be 6-8 weeks. This is after it started stalling in traffic and I told them it was a safety issue.  They said I can have it picked up and put in the shop again for 6-8 weeks until they get there on their normal rounds.  I get the attitude that I am the only one in the world with this problem.  Glad to see I am not.

Today I couldn't keep it running at lights without stalling out, so I have to put it in the shop and be at the mercy of HD.

I read about TT370 MOCO, that was a fix.  Any updates?

Good morning dave56

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

It would be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread New member introduction
with a pic of your bike  ;)

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.