Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is New Windscreen Gasket Required???  (Read 1204 times)

Rickybobby

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Is New Windscreen Gasket Required???
« on: October 05, 2008, 11:12:59 AM »

I am going to replace the windscreen on my new SERG with Cee Bailey and or Clear View.  So my question for those of you who have done this --- do you need to get a different rubber gasket or does the OEM on the SERG work??

Also - has anyone added the Chrome trim piece to the screen.  If so would love to hear some comments on how you think it looks and better yet, would love to see pics.

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
Re: Is New Windscreen Gasket Required???
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 11:36:51 AM »

I am going to replace the windscreen on my new SERG with Cee Bailey and or Clear View.  So my question for those of you who have done this --- do you need to get a different rubber gasket or does the OEM on the SERG work??

I believe the clearview ships with everything needed.  Don't know about the bailey.  I have used the KW's and they require a gasket.  The one that comes stock on the SERG will not fit it.  I had to order a gasket for a standard Road Glide.  I heard the Clearview folks will also sell the gasket even if you use it with other windshields.  That may be an option to consider.  It took forever for my dealer to get my gasket. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »

Also - has anyone added the Chrome trim piece to the screen.  If so would love to hear some comments on how you think it looks and better yet, would love to see pics.

Here is a w/wo comparison of the Harley windshield trim.  It's a piece of trim I actually quite like.  Turned out I only liked it on some color bikes though.  Have seen it on orange, blue, black and yellow bikes.  Put it on my red bike and it didn't like it nearly as much.  Almost immediatley removed it. 

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »

Here is the trim piece on my old RG

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:55:37 AM »

I have the HD windshield trim on my 06 RG and looks good but the fit is less than stellar.  Saw the Kuryakyn trim piece on a Silver SERG (W/KW 12") and it is not as bulky and looked really good!!!!  I would have to recommend the Kuryakyn.  Still undecided on my SERG.  I went to the dealer on Sat to order parts and asked about the gasket and they had one in stock!!!!! 
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 12:16:44 PM »

The Cee Bailey windshield does not include the rubber gasket, I just used the factory gasket that was on the bike and it seems to work fine.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »

I believe the clearview ships with everything needed.  Don't know about the bailey.  I have used the KW's and they require a gasket.  The one that comes stock on the SERG will not fit it.  I had to order a gasket for a standard Road Glide.  I heard the Clearview folks will also sell the gasket even if you use it with other windshields.  That may be an option to consider.  It took forever for my dealer to get my gasket. 

Rickybobbie,  Jim is right.  You can use the stock gasket.  See here:    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28314.msg461673#msg461673

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 10:00:45 AM »

I first bought a KW   ...   used it with the stock gasket

then bought a Clearview  GT   ...   it came with a gasket that lined up exactly on the joint on the
                          fairing    ...   no gasket at the bottom

I liked the KW better (noise withstanding)   ...   so I bought a similiar gasket at the hardware and
                          remounted the KW with no bottom gasket 
someday- today-will be the good old days

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 10:02:35 AM »

the Clearview
someday- today-will be the good old days

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.