Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Windshield for new member to the FLTRSE3  (Read 3240 times)

Mamba

• CVO1: '09 FLTRSE3
Windshield for new member to the FLTRSE3
« on: November 13, 2008, 09:43:51 PM »

Hello everyone from Denver, I recently sold my UltraClassic and I am anxiously waiting for my FLTRSE3 to arrive. Supposedly in a few weeks? I've read lots of great comments on this site regarding windshieldsfor the new FLTRSE3 but I might have a different area of concern? I am on the other end of the spectrum being 5'5" in height and I'm not sure which way to go regarding windshields? I know I will need something other than stock? Any help or comments in this area would be greatly appreciated!!!!
"DVC"

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: Windshield for new member to the FLTRSE3
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 10:33:43 PM »

Howdy TJ. For the price it surely pays to be sure. If you've been lurking here you probably noticed that the Clearview Shields are pretty much accepted for their quality and performance. Follow this link but we do get a discount and it's maybe not that far of a drive up to speak to the owner and check things out for yourself. Good luck and perhaps some others your size here will jump in.

http://www.clearviewshields.com/

Mamba

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:53:17 PM »

Howdy TJ. For the price it surely pays to be sure. If you've been lurking here you probably noticed that the Clearview Shields are pretty much accepted for their quality and performance. Follow this link but we do get a discount and it's maybe not that far of a drive up to speak to the owner and check things out for yourself. Good luck and perhaps some others your size here will jump in.

http://www.clearviewshields.com/

I will be sure to go check out what they've got to offer. It looks like there about two hours close. Too bad I don't have the Glide yet? Be a nice ride. I appreciate the info.
"DVC"

Rickybobby

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:07:41 PM »

If you are interested, I have a 10" Cee Bailey that i just purchased.  It is the dark tint version.  I will sell it for $85 and will toss in the HD rubber gasket you will need when switching out a shield (the SERG gasket doesnt fit).
Decided i wanted a taller shield.  This one is like new with less than 100 miles.
Price is shipped in US.

Mamba

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 11:22:42 PM »

If you are interested, I have a 10" Cee Bailey that i just purchased.  It is the dark tint version.  I will sell it for $85 and will toss in the HD rubber gasket you will need when switching out a shield (the SERG gasket doesnt fit).
Decided i wanted a taller shield.  This one is like new with less than 100 miles.
Price is shipped in US.

Thanks for the offer! It sounds like a smokin' deal. I'm not sure yet which direction I'll go yet? I had a klockwerks on my previous FL's but it doesn't sound like a really good way to go on the new SERG?
"DVC"

Rickybobby

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »

No problem.   I will be listing the shield this weekend on the 4-Sale section. 

Great luck with the search and hope your new bike gets to you soon.  I think you will really like it - i sure do.

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 04:10:15 PM »

I'm 5'6" and the KlockWerks is OK.  Some ear noise and a little buffeting on the noggin.  Just got back from a 1200 mile trip and it did not bother me too much.  Would be nice if KlockWerks would release their 16" touring windshield.  I have a Clearview on my other RG and love it.  Just dont know if I want it on te SERG.
   BTW, at 5'5" are you going to have issues when you are sitting still?  I'm barely flat footed and if you addd about 25 psi to the shocks it will raise you a little more.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 04:43:04 PM »

Price is shipped in US.

Rickybobby,
I'm interested in your shield if you haven't sold it.  Can you see through the "dark tint"?  Please advise if still available.  Panhead Jimmy
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

Mamba

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 11:44:19 PM »

I'm 5'6" and the KlockWerks is OK.  Some ear noise and a little buffeting on the noggin.  Just got back from a 1200 mile trip and it did not bother me too much.  Would be nice if KlockWerks would release their 16" touring windshield.  I have a Clearview on my other RG and love it.  Just dont know if I want it on te SERG.
   BTW, at 5'5" are you going to have issues when you are sitting still?  I'm barely flat footed and if you addd about 25 psi to the shocks it will raise you a little more.
I recently had a KW shield and thought it worked well? Maybe I just haven't had a great one yet to know how good it can be? I haven't seen any info on KW coming out with a 16" windshield? Need to check out "Clearview Shields" soon. It looks they are based right up the road from me.

I don't believe the SERG height or shocks will be an issue? I've had my s*** kickers raised up also and they were good for riding the FLHT. I guess I could always have some height taken out of the seat and have some gel put in? There is a great shop and guy that work seats in the vicinity.
"DVC"

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 10:53:44 PM »

There is not much height to the stock seat.  Dont think you will get anywhere with that.  I just put a Sundowner on mine and now my heels are off the ground slightly.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 11:48:53 PM »

tjkuda, I am 5'10" and recently installed the shortest Clearview light tint windshield that is 11-1/2" height. It is a great windshield, but I would still prefer a shorter version. At the 11-1/2" height I am looking over the top by about 1/2" to 1" and it will be great for the colder/wetter months. The picture of the yellow Road Glide rider on Clearview's website with the GT Small Clear is just about exactly how I see over the windshield: http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=9  For the warmer months, I have a 10" Cee Bailey's dark tint windshield that I can see over the top better and I don't mind the extra wind but I do get an occasional bug in the face. You might consider a Cee Bailey's 10" light tint, you might find it to be the perfect fit: http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/fltr_ws.html If you have to look through the dark tint it is distracting especially over hills or around corners, that is why I suggest the light tint. After you find the right windshield the ride experience on the SERG is greatly improved.

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 01:54:26 AM »

I just received the two Clearview windshields i ordered 3-5 weeks ago (That is their expected delievery due to the high demand). I got the 9" recurve w/dark tint for around town, and the 13" light tint for highway. These came very well packaged and complete with everything you need to install them. I say that because i heard some other windshields come with no packaging and you need to order a seperate H/D windshield seal. As there is snow on the  ground in these parts,  I don't expect I'll have any opportunity this year to test them out, however they do look awesome on the bike and I'm sure even the 9" will be a huge improvement over the stock wind defector.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »

What do they mean on the clearview-site with " Vertical Height Measurements " ?
Could anybody explain to me ?
Do I need this ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 04:15:07 PM »

What do they mean on the clearview-site with " Vertical Height Measurements " ?
Could anybody explain to me ?
Do I need this ?

I thought I knew which windshields I wanted when I called Clearview to place my order. John @ Clearview asked some questions and knew exactly which model I should use. He was dead on, if you're not sure about the " Vertical Height Measurements " just give him a call.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 12:21:17 AM »

Yes , that will be the way i have to do it .
Why don`t you use the harley-davidson windshields ?
They also have a touring one , isn`t that as good as the clearview or the klockwerks or the cc baileys ?
Who knows ?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 02:26:51 AM by Highjagger »
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 3.864 seconds with 21 queries.