Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Cee Bailey's 14" Dark Windshield@ $300...NO THANKS!  (Read 21934 times)

Lkn4advtr

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 11 FLTRUSE
Re: Cee Bailey's 14" Dark Windshield@ $300...NO THANKS!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 05:02:23 PM »

with talking to Joe at CB and others and comparing my fairing with stock SERGs the two fairings are different. I was told that all 2010's will have the new fairing. I  was able to put a windshield from a stock RG on my SERG and it fit but looked like chit. I was so dissatisfied that I contacted CB to see if they would make me a custom shield since thier main business is making custom aircraft windshields. I was not aware at the time that they even made bike windshields. After talking to Joe I found that he was interested in seeing my bike so he could figure out the difference between the stock RG and the SERG. After seeing the difference he then realized what all the comotion was about. He offer to make me a free windshield if i would leave my bike in his warehouse for a week or two so that he could make a new mold and get the propper fit. He told me they would make a few different styles and that I could have 1 of each free of charge for letting them use my bike. Since then they have decided to make only 1 style for this bike. you can get it in different tints and different heights. Joe still comes to my workplace removing and replacing windshields trying to improve the fit. He will be here again either this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning. I do not like being without my bike of haveing people constanty taking a screwdriver to it however I want a windshield that fits and works well. I would have much preffered to pay $300 and put the darn thing on and be done with it rather than all this inconvienience. But for my personal satisfaction and for the good of the SERG family Im doing it.

On a separate note If you order your windshield from CB and its too tall they can cut it down (I dont think they will charge for that ) but if you order too short your SOL.

Bruce
'Rollin down the highway, Lookin for adventure"

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »

Hehe , that`s a good statement ,
Should there really be a SERG-driver that is rally satisfied with the just second best- i don`t know , but i don`t believe , because then he would not have a SERG .
And when there will be a better shield tomorrow then i will be thinking about again .

Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 05:22:17 PM »

"Pay or don't pay but.....quityerbitchin!"

That's what this board is about.  It's a forum for us to share ideas, what works, what doesn't and to sound off (BITCHIN) if we think some product is over priced.  As it turns out I called CB back today several times until I could speak directly to Joe.  He informed me that some of the sales reps there were giving incorrect pricing of $300+ to customers.  They even charged some that exorbant rate.  The real pricing is from $230 to $270 depending on size and tint.  He also told me that they won't be offering the EURO for our bikes because it looks like A$$.  He said he'd contacted those overcharged and adjusted their purchase price.  He also said he had to fight with upper management on the pricing since they wanted to charge more...like $300+....

We talked for an hour about their process of machining different angles into the bottom of the windshield to get the desired contour, the new steeper angle to the leading edge and about the installation kit he's come up with to alleviate the rubber inserts from falling through the fairing.  I'm now confident that CB is putting out a product that is fairly priced and of great quality.  Without this board, I couldn't have come to this conclusion and I doubt CB would have received sufficient feedback to produce the new design.

I also supplied him with the seal part number posted on the sister thread and he's buying one so they can try the shield out on a standard Road Glide which I'm 100% positive will fit perfect...then these shields can be sold to ALL 98-present FLT owners.  

I ordered a 14" dark grey for $255+S/H

If this forum was just for flowery reports and opinions, it'd be worthless...don't like it?...go surf the HONDA forum
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 05:39:54 PM by 61bbltop »

Lkn4advtr

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 05:26:03 PM »

Just got off the phone with Joe, The dome is the only windshield they plan on makeing because the eoro looked terrible on this bike. He will make it for you if you really want it but they wont take it back if you dont like it.

Just anothe note on the $300 or so price tag. The optical quality of this windshield is excelent. there is no distortion like with the KW windshield and you can remove scratches real easy, and if you buy the lt tint its FAA approved so you can really fly down the road!

Bruce
'Rollin down the highway, Lookin for adventure"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »

Pay or don't pay but.....quityerbitchin!

I'm not even buying one.  Can still bitch though.  They're vendors.  I'm a consumer.  It's the natural order of things.  So quityerbitchinaboutmybitchin!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »

I ordered one a few weeks ago.  The estimated price was between 250 and 300.  I ordered a 15" euro.  Well, last week CB called me and told me that mine would ship Monday.  He asked a couple questions and inquired about my height.  So he then adjusted the order and said it will be made and shipped Monday and I should have it today.  So we will see when I get home.  Cost for the 13" is $249.  Thats about $50 more than the KW and $70 more than Clearview.  1 dinner night out at a half way decent restuarant.
  Yep, we are paying for the R&D.  Its not like there are 20k Roadglides out there.  These are being specifically made for the 09 SERG.  How many of the 3000 owners will pick one of these up.  You want one or you don't.  Pay or don't pay but.....quityerbitchin!

I read all the reviews on the KW, and they were not good.  What I have read about this Cee Bailey is good, and it still looks good.  Just under 70 more than the KW....or less then one Friday night out...

I ordered the Cee Baily, as I can easily blow more than the differenace in a Friday night at the marina bar....
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »

If anyone wants a Cee Bailys 14" Dark Tint or a 15" Lt, Tint, Demo Shield I will both for $150.00  plus shipping and you will have to order the install hardware from Cee Bailys.  These shields are not damaged in any way but the shape is off on the tops and sides    These are the shields in pics.  Doc
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:47:46 AM by HDDOCFL »

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 09:50:25 AM »

and the 15" Lt. Tint

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »

What do you mean with : " the shape is off on the top " ?
the second you named 15" but in the first post you offered a 16" light grey , i guess it is a 16" , right ?
I ordered a 15" dark grey tinted .
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 09:56:35 AM by Highjagger »
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »

Missed typed. 14" dark tint 15" lt. tint, I have no 16".  Sorry Doc

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2009, 11:33:58 AM »

If anyone wants a Cee Bailys 14" Dark Tint or a 15" Lt, Tint, Demo Shield I will both for $150.00  plus shipping and you will have to order the install hardware from Cee Bailys.  These shields are not damaged in any way but the shape is off on the tops and sides    These are the shields in pics.  Doc
I sure wish you would have posted a day earlier, or I would have waited one day to order the 14 dark gray tint....
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2009, 07:53:52 PM »

With the sale this week end, I purchased the 14 inch dark gray for $196.00. Now thats not near the $300 and a great bargain for the best wind shield on the market. Now is the time to buy, save 20% during the week end sale! Call Joe; Cee Bailey's @800-788-0618.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:20:30 AM by Highwaystar »
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

veech

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 11:01:14 AM »

I can understand your hesitation on spending that kinda dough on a shield...I felt exactly the same way about my Clearview shield for my older RG but decided to give it a try based on the excellent reviews on various forums.  Well, after I got it I discovered it was the best thing I EVER bought for my Harley.  Not only was the fit, finish and build quality first rate, but it was the first shield I ever had on ANY bike that really worked!  I have had a lot of shields over the last 30 years of riding on a lot of different bikes.  This literally blew them all away-I still have a pile of old shields in my garage if anyone is interested.

I am not kidding, my first time out with the CV shield was kinda surreal...there was NO BUFFETING.   I couldn't believe it-it was a very strange feeling.  I also discovered I could hear my stereo for the first time at ANY speed-hell, that alone would have made it worth it as I love to crank tunes while blasting down the highway.  Needless to say I am completely sold.

I'm not sure how they work on the newer style bikes, but on my '98 and '01 Road Glides Clearview is the absolute bomb.  I went with the LARGE GT (2" taller than stock, 2" wider, recurve, and vent.)  I know some of you don't like the way the vents look, but I was concerned about function, not posing for pictures.  Besides, I don't think it looks bad on my bike at all and even rather like it.  I goes well with the high tech RG look.  Anyway, the best way I can describe how the vent works is like when you are driving in your car with all the windows closed except for one that is opened slightly-huge buffeting sound inside your car.  Crack open another window and suddenly it smooths out instantly.  I no longer get off my bike with all my hair (what little is left) blown forward.  I also outlast ALL my buddies on road trips!  I would buy another if needed in a heartbeat.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 04:16:31 PM »

veech, I know what you're saying and couldn't agree more on the CV shield.  It was the first thing bought for the SERG even before I took delivery...GREAT SHIELD...kind of wished I'd got the vent but wasn't sure how well it worked.

I've since bought a CB 14" Dark as the price was misstated at $300...more like $250 and they just did a sale.  I like the looks of the CB best...let's just see if it performs as good as it looks :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:27:35 PM by 61bbltop »

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 04:38:54 PM »

I installed a 14" light grey last weekend and really like the way it looks, it flows with the lines of the fairing perfectly. The buffeting on top of the helmet is gone, but it has the same amount of wind noise around the ears. It's a keeper. :2vrolijk_21:
Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 21 queries.