Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lake Gaston VA / NC  (Read 2540 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Lake Gaston VA / NC
« on: October 24, 2005, 12:07:33 PM »

We lazed around the house Saturday, it was kinda gloomy outside, but Sunday, woke up with one of those days that boasts of great clear skies and very crisp airs. So crisp in fact that we drove our car out for a lazy breakfast and then came home and got ready to ride. I was getting real bundled up when my husband, who gets cold long before I do, pointed out he was wearing jeans, t-shirt and coat only.  Well I kept on my fleece neck wrap, and copied him.  Turned the grips up to high and away we went - that-a-way and Southerly.  We went on roads I have never seen before.  We drove through a bunch of sleepy, time has forgotten towns and it was breath taking.  We caught the eye of many a police officer and when they would pull up beside us at a stop, would just be letting us know that they admired our rides and that they wish their shift was up and they could be out on their own steeds.  I used to think that the policemen were looking at us because they wanted to catch us doing something wrong, now I realize they are looking at us thinking we are doing something right.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] The blue skies were completely cloudless and it warmed up to the low 70s and we had a great day. We ended up driving around Lake Gaston and boy, that is a big lake and so very pretty.  We got a couple of pics of bikes there.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 10:52:07 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
Lake Gaston VA/NC
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:10:32 PM »

Lake Gaston is one of the most beautiful places to visit, and I think it would make for a gorgeous CVO gathering location. It could be one where the entire family could meet.  Maybe a 2007 CVO Meet suggestion. You can rent an entire cabin for only $300 for the whole week and family entertainment is built in, and the riding, well let's say the riding was spectacular.  We rode about six hours yesterday, about 350 miles and you know what we had?
   [size=36] We Had Fun! We Rode and We Had Fun! [/size]

This gorgeous lake is about 20,300 acres, 34 miles long and has 350 miles of shoreline, located between Interstates 85 and 95 which also runs along the Virginia - North Carolina border. The water is beautiful and the people around Lake Gaston are friendly and inviting.

Isn't there a member here from Henderson NC? It is located 40 minutes north of the capital city of Raleigh, Henderson, North Carolina and is a rural town rich with history.  Just one of many destinations we could head to if we made this a rally locale.

[smiley=cherry.gif]

« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 10:52:33 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
Re: Lake Gaston VA/NC
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:12:33 PM »

They say about their own lake; Cookouts, boat rides and all kinds of fun happening around the lake. We are ready for some wet fun... thanks for visiting Lake Gaston Online. Are you needing a rental for a summer vacation here at Lake Gaston?

2007 CVO Meet!  I think it would be a lot of fun.

Oh and already off the thread topic, I just want to say that I really think that XM Radio Really Rocks, Rocks Hard and Loud. Thanks Jamey for installing and Thanks Pez for the fantastic Hogtunes.  Wow!  What a great time we had this weekend.

Wish you could have joined us.  

TwoTone Candy  [smiley=cherry.gif]

« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 10:52:55 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: Lake Gaston Virginia / North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 07:57:02 PM »

Count on me for that rally and while I am there, can Jamey install XM on my bike too?

I love to ROCK....

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 08:31:19 PM »

I don't see any fishing poles on those SEEGs........that's redneck fishing country you guys were holed up in.  Great photos .... two beau-tee-full sickles!  Har!  spyder [smiley=thinking2.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 08:39:43 PM »

Wonder how many XM installs Jamey can do in a long weekend?    ;DHar!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 06:08:48 PM »

Wonder how many XM installs Jamey can do in a long weekend?    ;DHar!  spyder

[size=18]Otis[/size], gonna need a l'il help!  :o

Ya'll might not be able to see the kickstand, but you can see that the tree never moved! Har!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 06:11:00 PM by WeCVO »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: Lake Gaston VA/NC
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 08:08:22 PM »

They say about their own lake; Cookouts, boat rides and all kinds of fun happening around the lake. We are ready for some wet fun... thanks for visiting Lake Gaston Online. Are you needing a rental for a summer vacation here at Lake Gaston?

2007 CVO Meet!  I think it would be a lot of fun.

Oh and already off the thread topic, I just want to say that I really think that XM Radio Really Rocks, Rocks Hard and Loud. Thanks Jamey for installing and Thanks Pez for the fantastic Hogtunes.  Wow!  What a great time we had this weekend.

Wish you could have joined us.  

TwoTone Candy  [smiley=cherry.gif]

One heck of a nice pic We-s! Looks/sounds like a great day too. Very nice. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Lake Gaston VA / NC
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 09:59:06 PM »

why wait to 07 [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.