Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: North Georgia at its best!  (Read 16143 times)

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
Re: North Georgia at its best!
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2005, 11:46:39 AM »

I met Bob and Ilene (on the Jalepeno) randomly on my way up 441 on Saturday. Rode with them for 150 miles or so. Very nice people.

I didn't mention anything because I really didn't know where I was going. I left home with a general idea and winged it from there. My favorite kind of ride. I snapped a few pics of Jonathan Creek with the fall leave backdrop. I will post those once I make it to the office. Wish I could have met up with you guys. Maybe next time.

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2005, 12:11:05 PM »

A few pics I took of Maggie Valley and Jonathans Creek on Saturday.

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2005, 12:11:47 PM »

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2005, 12:12:07 PM »

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2005, 12:12:34 PM »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2005, 01:49:28 PM »

theres somehting wrong with that last picture laker, no CVOs under the canopy, and no CVO owners with their beverage of choice under there either
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2005, 01:51:06 PM »

theres somehting wrong with that last picture laker, no CVOs under the canopy, and no CVO owners with their beverage of choice under there either

No  [smiley=trailer.gif] either
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2005, 01:54:56 PM »

Maybe this time next year??  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2005, 02:09:57 PM »

No  [smiley=trailer.gif] either

That's 'cause Laker was about 36 hours ahead of me.  If he'd have been there Monday, he'd have caught mine right here:

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2005, 02:18:59 PM »

That's 'cause Laker was about 36 hours ahead of me.  If he'd have been there Monday, he'd have caught mine right here:

That's where mine will be if the 2006 Gatherin' is this late in the year...while beautiful, I still prefer the second week in Sept so I can leave the Friday of Labor Day week and make it a 9 day trip...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 02:21:02 PM by WFP »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2005, 02:42:06 PM »

Laker, I actually ran into a Jalepeno at a Hardees in Tellico Plains on Monday.  Went to tell him about the site and he said you'd already filled him in. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  He was riding with a guy from Tampa on a 100th anniversary Ultra.  Small world, huh?

As far as not mentioning what we were up to, how come you didn't let us know what you were doing?  We only logged a little less than 300 miles on Saturday.  Sounds like we shoulda been riding with you! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Sounds like I should have been riding with all of you  guys.  Looks like it was all a really great ride! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2005, 02:43:55 PM »

Bill, my offer from this spring still stands;  You ride as far as here and we ride with you the rest of the way next day. But as gorgeous as the weather is right now and has been for the past two weeks, isn't this kinda rare?  It seems to me that it has been a darn bit chilly this time of year in the past.  Like with snow banks a little North of us and all......

Wow, as WFP just said, this looks really great.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] We just got our room booked.  [smiley=deal2.gif] 103tHunDer [smiley=cool26.gif], you made quite an impression on the young lady  [smiley=operator.gif] at the reservation desk.  Thank you [smiley=dankk2.gif] so very much for all the hard work you have put into the organization of this event so we ([smiley=stooge_curly.gif], [smiley=stooge_larry.gif], [smiley=stooge_moe.gif]) can all just show up, don our helmets [smiley=helmet.gif],  goggles [smiley=glasses2.gif] and ride [smiley=biker.gif] and have fun.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  [smiley=dankk2.gif]  
Both Mr.WeCVO and I are so looking forward to the riding. Wish we could get an extra day and arrive Wed - we will keep working on it, but otherwise, we expect to see ya all  [smiley=drink.gif] at the Salty Dog [smiley=party.gif] [smiley=party2.gif] [smiley=party3.gif] Thursday evening.
[smiley=bigok.gif]If anyone wants to use our place as a stopover  [smiley=smilie_staub.gif] enroute, we have  [smiley=beer.gif]an extra bed and bath  [smiley=bath.gif]and lots of room in the garage  [smiley=vrolijk_2.gif]for your ride.   [smiley=lost.gif]Mapquest says we are from Maggie Valley a Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 23 minutes Total Est. Distance: 383.67 miles.  We would be taking the direct route ourselves early Thursday morning, I-85S to US460 to I 40W to US 74 W to US 19.    [smiley=vrolijk_30.gif]  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 02:45:15 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2005, 02:59:06 PM »

Bill, my offer from this spring still stands;  You ride as far as here and we ride with you the rest of the way next day. But as gorgeous as the weather is right now and has been for the past two weeks, isn't this kinda rare?  It seems to me that it has been a darn bit chilly this time of year in the past.  Like with snow banks a little North of us and all......

Will definately keep this in mind...that way JCZ will not see my  [smiley=trailer.gif] there if I leave it at your place.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2005, 03:18:17 PM »

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1117252850/60]This Thread[/link]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 04:20:35 PM by twolanerider »
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Buffy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Big Ugly Fat Friggin' Yankee

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Scarlett Red Wide Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR - Orange & Black
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2005, 08:54:16 PM »

Dang Brian!

That was wonderful!  I get to ride those roads every weekend and I never get tired of them. TWO is a twice a month ride for lunch!

Next time y'all are in my neighborhood (Waleska, north of Canton) PLEASE look me up or invite me along.  I can be ready in 15 minutes!  ;D   I vote that we stay at John's house next year!!!!!

Thanks for the memories..............
John & his 2001 Screamin' Eagle FXDWG2               and              2007 FLTR "Ultra" Road Glide
------------------------------------------------------
It\'s Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.