Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: THE FIX for SERG seat issues  (Read 30303 times)

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
THE FIX for SERG seat issues
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:05:40 PM »

This Harley-Davidson part # 51799-06. Is a BLACK (not chrome) Heritage seat bracket. Looks fine IMO. Installing this bracket on your SERG seat will, move the seat forward enough to reach/touch the console, AND allow the frame mounted seat tab to reach futher into the slot on the bottom of the seat. That stops the seat from pulling lose at the front mount. I've installed this on my SERG, it is the fix. The part sells for $14.99 if you have to buy it. The service mgr at Smith Bro H-D gave it to me. Mine was the only SERG they got, so it was their first dealings with the seat issue. I hope this helps some. I know....... :worthless: I just can't seem to get them posted.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:15:54 PM by ZOOMballs »

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: THE FIX for SERG seat issues
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 07:09:20 PM »

;)   :coolblue:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09" SERG O&B
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 08:23:31 PM »

I say we sue em. T.
Never too old to Rock N Roll but too young to die!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 09:24:03 PM »

You knew this was coming, BUT I had to do it...

:worthless:

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

bearingman

• CVO1: Silver FLTRSE3
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 12:40:37 AM »

How can you move the seat forward, and still match up with the rear screw?
I'm all for it if it works.  And yeah, a picture would be nice.
Some days you're the windshield; some days you're the bug.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 01:17:26 AM »

This Harley-Davidson part # 51799-06. Is a BLACK (not chrome) Heritage seat bracket. Looks fine IMO. Installing this bracket on your SERG seat will, move the seat forward enough to reach/touch the console, AND allow the frame mounted seat tab to reach futher into the slot on the bottom of the seat. That stops the seat from pulling lose at the front mount. I've installed this on my SERG, it is the fix. The part sells for $14.99 if you have to buy it. The service mgr at Smith Bro H-D gave it to me. Mine was the only SERG they got, so it was their first dealings with the seat issue. I hope this helps some. I know....... :worthless: I just can't seem to get them posted.

Thank you, for the info, I would refer to "The Fix" as a patch.

One of the many problems with my stock seat is the cheap plastic seat pan made to accept a metal tongue attached to the bike, I had the stock seat on my bike for 2 weeks and noticed wear at the seat pan where the tongue inserted. The cheap flexible seat pan needs to be rigid, thus, stable to limit if not eliminate the damage caused by vibration and normal riding habits. 

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 08:32:39 AM »

what about the BSR-backrest, if you move the seat forward?

Bandit  :-\
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 08:37:43 AM »

something mis-typed?

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 10:43:19 AM »

How can you move the seat forward, and still match up with the rear screw?
I'm all for it if it works.  And yeah, a picture would be nice.
The replacement bracket is longer. When you mount it to the seat, it sticks out from under the seat further, so it reaches the mounting hole on the fender. I tried for over an hour to post the pix. If you want to send me a e-mail address. I'll gladly send them to you.

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 10:56:51 AM »

what about the BSR-backrest, if you move the seat forward?

Bandit  :-\
The difference is about 3/4". Doesn't affect the backrest enough to matter IMO.

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 11:06:05 AM »

Thank you, for the info, I would refer to "The Fix" as a patch.

One of the many problems with my stock seat is the cheap plastic seat pan made to accept a metal tongue attached to the bike, I had the stock seat on my bike for 2 weeks and noticed wear at the seat pan where the tongue inserted. The cheap flexible seat pan needs to be rigid, thus, stable to limit if not eliminate the damage caused by vibration and normal riding habits. 
You're right.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 02:51:45 PM »

I agree, the seat repositioning is only a bandaid, not a true fix.

But as long as we're all living with this problem right now, except those that have gone elsewhere for a new seat, this may be a satisfactory bandaid.

I read the posts about the "other" rear seat bracket.  I took out the rear hold down bolt and then repositioned the seat as forward as far as I could; this was about 1".  I took off the original chrome bracket and measure it.  It's made from 11 gauge steel chrome plated.  After measuring the piece I opened up AutoCAD and drew up a replacement with about a 1" longer point to the rear bolt hole.

While at work yesterday I went to the machine shop foreman with my AutoCAD drawn seat bracket in .dxf on a floppy disc.  He loaded it into our Omax water jet and in just a couple minutes we were cutting 11 gauge stainless steel to the new longer dimensions.

This is what it looked like out of the water jet.

After using my little vise powered press brake from Harbor Freight, this is the new bracket with the old one along side for comparison.

This is the NEW bracket installed with the extra 1" forward relocation.  I didn't spend a lot of time polishing the whole bracket, just the edges and the part that showed behind the seat.  As you can see from the picture, it looks like chrome and will never rust, AND it's stronger than the original stamped steel bracket; not that strength is an issue here.

This is what the seat looks like now with the new bracket installed.  Before the new bracket, the seat was about 1/2" from the bottom of the console and looked very bad.  Shame on HD for such a lousy bit of design engineering.

I have just over 800 miles on the bike and I weigh in at about #275.  The seat at the very first looked great, in the show room.  After I rode a bit it was way back while riding and would eventually go back to the console.  After a couple weeks of riding it has found a new "home" position that was not to my liking.  As all the others, it left that lovely gap showing without anyone on the bike.  Right now when I sit on the seat it pulls just a bit from the console but goes back when I get off the seat.  I hope that the seat will not wander any further now that's it's kind of broken in.

I showed my wife how the '08 Sundowner seat fits the bike and it want WAY up the console about 1" and when I sat on the seat and bounced up and down it didn't even budge a fraction.  

Again, this is not rocket science HD, make the seat fit and lets all move on.

I agree that this is not our problem, even for the guys that have bought replacement seats, we all need to stick together and demand that this be addressed.  Then afterwards if you want to use another more comfortable seat, do so.  BUT HD needs to make this right for us.

At my 1000 first service I'm going to get with my NEW dealership and do a bit of complaining.  I don't think they've sold all that many of the SERG's this years, so this could be relatively new to them.  But being a new problem they may fight more for me, who knows at this juncture.

But for you guys that are looking for a temp solution and don't care that the bracket is black, the longer Heritage bracket may be an answer.

Just thought I'd show you guys what I've done as it may be very close to what the Heritage bracket looks like.

:)  :)  :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 03:08:43 PM »

But as long as we're all living with this problem right now, except those that have gone elsewhere for a new seat, this may be a satisfactory bandaid.

I read the posts about the "other" rear seat bracket.  I took out the rear hold down bolt and then repositioned the seat as forward as far as I could; this was about 1".  I took off the original chrome bracket and measure it.  It's made from 11 gauge steel chrome plated.  After measuring the piece I opened up AutoCAD and drew up a replacement with about a 1" longer point to the rear bolt hole.

While at work yesterday I went to the machine shop foreman with my AutoCAD drawn seat bracket in .dxf on a floppy disc.  He loaded it into our Omax water jet and in just a couple minutes we were cutting 11 gauge stainless steel to the new longer dimensions.

After using my little vise powered press brake from Harbor Freight, this is the new bracket with the old one along side for comparison.

This is the NEW bracket installed with the extra 1" forward relocation.  I didn't spend a lot of time polishing the whole bracket, just the edges and the part that showed behind the seat.  As you can see from the picture, it looks like chrome and will never rust, AND it's stronger than the original stamped steel bracket; not that strength is an issue here.

This is what the seat looks like now with the new bracket installed.  Before the new bracket, the seat was about 1/2" from the bottom of the console and looked very bad.  Shame on HD for such a lousy bit of design engineering.

I have just over 800 miles on the bike and I weigh in at about #275.  The seat at the very first looked great, in the show room.  After I rode a bit it was way back while riding and would eventually go back to the console.  After a couple weeks of riding it has found a new "home" position that was not to my liking.  As all the others, it left that lovely gap showing without anyone on the bike.  Right now when I sit on the seat it pulls just a bit from the console but goes back when I get off the seat.  I hope that the seat will not wander any further now that's it's kind of broken in.

I showed my wife how the '08 Sundowner seat fits the bike and it want WAY up the console about 1" and when I sat on the seat and bounced up and down it didn't even budge a fraction.  

I agree that this is not our problem, even for the guys that have bought replacement seats, we all need to stick together and demand that this be addressed.  Then afterwards if you want to use another more comfortable seat, do so.  BUT HD needs to make this right for us.

At my 1000 first service I'm going to get with my NEW dealership and do a bit of complaining.  I don't think they've sold all that many of the SERG's this years, so this could be relatively new to them.  But being a new problem they may fight more for me, who knows at this juncture.

But for you guys that are looking for a temp solution and don't care that the bracket is black, the longer Heritage bracket may be an answer.

Just thought I'd show you guys what I've done as it may be very close to what the Heritage bracket looks like.

I agree 100%. Believe me all my posts regarding the seat pan, foam, etc.. have been forwarded from my Dealer to HD manufacturing.

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 08:18:56 PM »

:)  :)  :)Very nice! I like your "bandaid" even better. You should be able to sell a few of those, if you wanted to. It looks like more of a "FIX" then we'll ever get from the MOCO.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 05:32:29 AM »

I achieved the same result by drilling out the center hole on the stock bracket and moving that hole to the rear position.  It's only attached with the one rear bolt bit it works!   :2vrolijk_21:

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:29:42 AM »

Dan, If you have the Autocad file, are you willing to share? I have a buddy at a local fab shop that will do the work for me... I'd like to make his job easier ....

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 06:01:30 PM »

Dan, If you have the Autocad file, are you willing to share? I have a buddy at a local fab shop that will do the work for me... I'd like to make his job easier ....

Send me an e-mail at: danjlockwood@charter.net and I'll forward both .dwg and .dxf formats.  It's a small file and not much to it.

Water jetting it is not a problem, but if you're going to machine it, that not going to be as easy.

:)  :)  :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »

I'm working for a transport and warehouse company with about
85 trucks and we have our one wrecking crew. I show them the
part this morning and now I mounted it. The saddle is more tighten
to the tank, than before and now no wire is shining when I sit
on my SERG.

thanks for the tip, Bandit

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »

Send me an e-mail at: danjlockwood@charter.net and I'll forward both .dwg and .dxf formats.  It's a small file and not much to it.

Water jetting it is not a problem, but if you're going to machine it, that not going to be as easy.

Thanks Dan, Email sent... look for a ___________@hawaii.rr.com address, that'll be mine

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 11:58:46 AM »

Looking at this problem, it may not be as complicated as we all think... I'm gonna try something on my day off and see how it looks when I'm done.

I did notice the tab for the rear hold down was not straight in line with the seat.

I also noted that I was never able to detatch the front tab from the seat by pulling up.

Part of the problem is no doubt how far away from the dash the actual pan sits...  I believe the other part of the problem is in the covering... I'll adress it and see what it looks like when I'm done...

Now... where's my staple gun?

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »

Looking at this problem, it may not be as complicated as we all think... I'm gonna try something on my day off and see how it looks when I'm done.

I did notice the tab for the rear hold down was not straight in line with the seat.

I also noted that I was never able to detatch the front tab from the seat by pulling up.

Part of the problem is no doubt how far away from the dash the actual pan sits...  I believe the other part of the problem is in the covering... I'll adress it and see what it looks like when I'm done...

I did not have to pull up on the seat to get it to detach from the front tab. All i had to do was ride it.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 12:14:05 PM »

I did not have to pull up on the seat to get it to detach from the front tab. All i had to do was ride it.

10K miles and it never came loose.... even with my fat ass on the seat.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 01:28:03 PM »

Part of the problem is no doubt how far away from the dash the actual pan sits...  I believe the other part of the problem is in the covering... I'll adress it and see what it looks like when I'm done...

Your Correct Thanks to 2009's post its a simple fix, I took a 1in stainless plate a vise and my grinder and wacked out a longer bracket, fits like a glove and has eliminated the gap at the front. I may polish it up, but it is not really noticeable.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:33:21 PM by dartman »

NVWLDTHG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO™ Road Glide® - FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2004 R1200CL (Chromehead)
    • CVO3: 1979 R100RT (Airhead)
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 07:09:24 PM »

Some other options.  The tank bra doesn't move the seat, but I really don't like it.  Argghhh!  The bra is designed for the short consoles.

NVWLDTHG

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 07:16:12 PM »

Here's a 105th Anniversary RK seat.  Moves your position forward about 1 1/4".  Still a low seat.  It has a much wider saddle.  But, the RK medallions lightly interfere with opening the bags.

NVWLDTHG

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 07:20:06 PM »

Here's an 08 or 09 EG Standard.  Elevates you a bit and moves you forward over two inches.  Not really a SSERG seat in my view.  But, it is for sale.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 05:07:10 AM »

Time to post my results. I'll take a longer testride after
I have done some work, but already more satisfied than
before.

Bandit

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 05:08:13 AM »

I know I have to do some cleaning, but yesterday
it ended up in the rain again.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009, 05:09:38 AM »

now sitting on it.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to it!!!

Bandit

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 03:44:28 AM »

UPDATE on my seat mods...

I removed the seat and found the tongue area to be rather loose (I know what we all think about loose tongues) but... I removed the staples... folded the cover back...

The foam is "supposed" to saddle the pan... It seems the cover was too loose allowing it to slide off the saddle... there is even a retaining strap in the foam.. but that was loose as well.

I'm going to try and re-staple the cover... and see how that goes, along with modifying the rear bracket for about a 1/2" more forward reach... It looks like Dan Lockwoods version may be too long for my bike. Will let you all know!

BTW, the center insert of the seat IS leather... Hence the leather dressing included with the bike...

More to come in a bit.. gotta run to the hardware store...

FROM the other seat thread...

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 03:50:32 AM »

OK.. pics:

What it looked like when I rolled back the cover.

THe mentioned saddle cut into the foam:

Properly in place:

Look, leather:

Cover back in place... notice how much tension is taken up on... Staples are in close to the original locations... but the original holes are farther inboard now.

On the bike (seat bracket drilled and tab slid deeper into the seat):

Sorry, no pic of the mounting bracket, but what I did was drill the small hole between the two mounting holes and used that newly drilled hole as the rear point for a fitment test. If this works, I will use Dan_Lockwood's cad drawing and have a buddy cut me one on the waterjet.

From above:

Seated with 280lbs of fat ass on the seat:

Initial results... I like moving the seat forward... it seems to create the "sweet spot" the Seat was lacking. the move forward seems more comfortable...

Test ride tonight!

The night ride review of the seat mods...

OK.. so I might have had one too many tonight... but I'm home safely, and I love the sweet spot in the seat.

I will finish the bracket tomorrow.. I hope and do final fit and finish.

Oh.. BTW, the original configuration put the left side of the seat to the saddlebag... adjusting the bolts fixed this... now its even...

More riding tomorrow... momma hopes this fixes the seat issue and as such will allow me the extra funds to order my tourpak and lowers, and related stuff.

From the other thread...

Now... as Dan_Lockwood has graciously sent me the autocad files, If there are some of you that would like this bracket, please let me know ASAP as my buddy with access to a waterjet has asked "how many" I need... it will come brushed stainless only, and will be pre-bent like the stocker.

I need to know BY WEDNESDAY.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 04:05:18 AM »

The obligatory "before" pic

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 10:37:01 PM by 2009_FLTRSEI3 »

Resbiker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 12:02:50 PM »

I would take one...how much?  Need address, etc?
Thanks for your efforts!
2009 Sil/Tit SERG
2004 Bl/Blue SEEG
1989 Cop E-glide
Jap Bikes
#1 = 1960 Cushman Super Eagle

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 12:31:37 PM »

From the other thread...

Now... as Dan_Lockwood has graciously sent me the autocad files, If there are some of you that would like this bracket, please let me know ASAP as my buddy with access to a waterjet has asked "how many" I need... it will come brushed stainless only, and will be pre-bent like the stocker.

+1. Please let me know the particulars.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »

+1. Please let me know the particulars.

Please advise costs etc, mine works great but is home made, Im guessing the water jet would have a more finished look. Thanks

invinci

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 06:52:11 PM »

I'd like to try one, please forward the details on how much and where to send... Thx

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »

Guys... seeing as there are variations in how far forward the seat must be moved, would you prefer to drill the actual mounting holes (seat-side) yourselves or would you like to try them as they worked for me at 5/8" longer than stock?

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 09:01:12 PM »

Guys... seeing as there are variations in how far forward the seat must be moved, would you prefer to drill the actual mounting holes (seat-side) yourselves or would you like to try them as they worked for me at 5/8" longer than stock?

5/8 is fine for me, but I have no problem drilling the holes if its easier for your machinest, Thanks

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 10:38:58 PM »

I would take one...how much?  Need address, etc?
Thanks for your efforts!

price will depend upon quantity ordered...

I'm trying to keep the price under $15... we'll see how many I need to foot the bill for to make this happen...

IF you think the $15 is too much, please let me know....

invinci

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 12:11:37 AM »

I think 5/8" would work for me...

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 03:27:48 AM »

I think 5/8" would work for me...

Checked with my friend... price is $10 + shipping (pretty sure I can send these in padded envelopes or the smallest box as flat rate)

The seat mounting holes will not be drilled, but the brackets will be 5/8" longer than the original and will have the rear fender mounting hole. Brushed stainless... you will need to drill the seat holes to your location. I'll post up some tips and ideas for drilling in a bit in a bit.

So far I have:

• Resbiker
  • Blazo
  • dartman
  • invinci
  • Bixby
  • charles05663
  • TBird
  • MD-Dave
  • hdfr120
  • sem_bunda
  • just-us-6
  • 04se103
  • kola

Notes: Stainless requires different drilling techniques than mild steel... google can be your friend...

13 total for now...

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:47:53 PM by 2009_FLTRSEI3 »

Bixby

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 08:32:28 AM »

Add me to the list, 5/8 will work.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 09:55:40 AM »

I would be interested in one too.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

TBird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG O/B
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Annie (Traded)
    • CVO3: 05 Springer Classic
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 10:47:41 AM »

I would like one as well, thanks.
"We might be divorced but your still my sister"

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 02:47:08 PM »

LIST UPDATED... see above.

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »

Add me as well, please.

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »

Please add me as well - 5/8" is good.  Thanks for doing the testing and leg work on all this!  When you're Continental state-side and happen to be in Dallas, look me up!  Let me know details on payment too.  timaingram@hotmail.com or post here whichever is easiest.

It's Tuesday so I hope I made the cut-off (think it is tomorrow?).

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »

Please add me also, Let me knoow where to send money and final price. Thanks!
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »

Added to list:
  • MD-Dave
  • hdfr120
  • sem_bunda
  • just-us-6

04se103

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »

Please add me to the list
 Thanks

kola

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009, 08:26:37 AM »

Please add me to the list.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

CURRENT LIST:

Checked with my friend... price is $10 + shipping (pretty sure I can send these in padded envelopes or the smallest box as flat rate)

The seat mounting holes will not be drilled, but the brackets will be 5/8" longer than the original and will have the rear fender mounting hole. Brushed stainless... you will need to drill the seat holes to your location. I'll post up some tips and ideas for drilling in a bit in a bit.

So far I have:

• Resbiker
  • Blazo
  • dartman
  • invinci
  • Bixby
  • charles05663
  • TBird
  • MD-Dave
  • hdfr120
  • sem_bunda
  • just-us-6
  • 04se103
  • kola
  • Guilty
  • catahoula58

Notes: Stainless requires different drilling techniques than mild steel... google can be your friend...

15 total for now...

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:59:15 PM by 2009_FLTRSEI3 »

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »

Please count me in for 1.

Guilty

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2009, 05:01:39 PM »

I'm on my 2nd seat  talked to harley customer service again today ,I will keep getting a new seat until they fix it,for 32grand we sould not have to do anything.Everyone needs to call and keep bitching tell they get tired of hearing us

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2009, 05:14:53 PM »

I'm on my 2nd seat  talked to harley customer service again today ,I will keep getting a new seat until they fix it,for 32grand we sould not have to do anything.Everyone needs to call and keep bitching tell they get tired of hearing us
I have not been able to get my dealer to replace the seat. I followed the instructions about calling the MoCo and still have had no success.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2009, 08:03:23 PM »

If there is no seat redesign, the seat issue will never be fixed. Constant bitching about the situation wont fix it because apparently the MoCO has no solution.

I like how the seat is now moved forward the 5/8" inch.

I'll agree that for 30K plus the bike should be "reasonably perfect"...

But, after 6 months, I'm not holding my breath. I'm moving on to finding a solution and a fix.

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2009, 08:35:54 PM »

:orange: ;D  Add me also!  It will do until I get my custom seat made.  Thanks and let me know also where to send the funds.

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 08:56:43 PM »

Good luck with that. I am on my second seat and it looks like it will be my last.   :soapbox: The MOCO doesn't give a chit about your seat, my seat, any SERG seat and they don't give a chit about their customers or their complaints. The MOCO refuses to do anything and now my dealer is also refusing to order me a new seat. My dealer wants me to take the seat to one of their mechanics at another store so he can take a look at it. That would be great if all I had was free time to deal with this but, regardless of what the dealer thinks, I do have a life. I'll just fix it myself and swallow this bitter pill but the MOCO has lost any chance of a return customer in me (and I'm sure they don't give a chit about that either).  :soapbox:

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »

Blazo, I feel your pain,  I have a piece of paper that says my bike is under warranty, but the reality of Harley ownership is that when you buy one your pretty much getting it as is, I resigned myself to the fact that in most cases like this short seat bracket, its simpler to just fix the darn thing.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009, 11:20:39 PM »

If there is no seat redesign, the seat issue will never be fixed. Constant bitching about the situation wont fix it because apparently the MoCO has no solution.

I like how the seat is now moved forward the 5/8" inch.

I'll agree that for 30K plus the bike should be "reasonably perfect"...

But, after 6 months, I'm not holding my breath. I'm moving on to finding a solution and a fix.

You got that right. Basically we are on our own to fix the seat properly.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2009, 02:45:17 AM »

You got that right. Basically we are on our own to fix the seat properly.

Very true... I've had a couple extra's added in case.

I will also add a blow-up copy of the drawing with each bracket... you will have to scale it down... its like 1.5X the actual size.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »

I have plenty of time retired navy,to make phone calls to customers service,they are sending me to another harley dealer in alabama to get 3rd seat,and hopefully get it right,they can buy me the new bracket,besides ncie ride to alabama back woods.the second seat looks like the front is crooked and has been beaten buy a hammer to make fit.

Here's my take: I personally would rather be out riding than talking to a customer service rep who hasnt got a freaking clue about the real world problem with these seats, which appears to be shoddy assembly coupled with lack of adhesive and too short a bracket.

"Beaten with a hammer"? For a plastic seatpan? The fix is simple, see the pics of the disected seat, and show them to customer service, along with pics of the brackets people have made. Even if you get another new seat, the same problem will recur again.

The order window for the brackets has closed. I may consider making a second run if enough interest warrants it, but I doubt it. I'd need at least 20 more orders to do it again. For those of you that requested the brackets, I may see them by this weekend. I'll post up when they are done. Thanks for your interest and support in this project. I hope the new brackets fit each of your bikes and this is truly the "fix"

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2009, 03:14:54 PM »

UPDATE ON BRACKETS:

First off, an apology from both myself and my fabricator friend. He was out sick with the flu, and just returned to work.

Brackets are complete and now in my possesion.

I'm waiting on USPS for the free flat-rate boxes and exvelopes and I hope this will be the cheapest shipping alternative. (At least the boxes were free)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2009, 03:20:59 PM »

Next pic.... the shiny one with the 3 holes is the original modified bracket...

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »

Will you be posting payment instructions or will you pm those of us on your list?

Thanks,
Dave

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2009, 09:18:34 PM »

Will you be posting payment instructions or will you pm those of us on your list?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave, Once I get all the stuff to send them off situated, I'll ask for each of your mailing addresses.

Upon reciept of the item, you can remit payment to me via return address or via a paypall address (gotta check if the account still works though)

Thanks for your patience:

Rob

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2009, 09:21:33 PM »

Congrats to all!!

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2009, 09:42:36 PM »

Thanks Rob.  I just wanted to be sure because I appreciate what you are doing for us. 

Dave

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2009, 11:29:32 PM »

From the other thread...

Just one comment about the 5/8" offset on the brackets.  When I made my first one I did 3/4" and it worked but after riding a bit I had the gap again.  I moved my next one out to 1" and that works good and the next ones I made were at 1-1/8" and this seems to push the seat up to the top of the slot in the seat up front.  Unlike JP, I have not had any issues with the fender blind nut area bending.

With your seat mods the 5/8" is probably going to work.  I would just recommend before anyone drills the holes in the bracket to test fit the seat by sliding it forward as far as the tab can go into the seat pan slot.  Mine like I said has loosened up a bit and the forward position is a good choice in my application and my fat arse.

I still have a seat mod I want to try that may keep the seat from flexing as much as it does when I sit down, just haven't had the time and effort to stay home and do the seat versus riding.  The past couple weekends here in the St. Louis area have been sunning and in the high 70's to low 80's.  I have to ride when it's like this.  The new SERG is getting a work out.

I put in the 2" Fullsac baffles and the TTS Mastertune and the bike runs great and after I killed my CAT it's so nice to ride and lots cooler.

Just a suggestion to those with seat brackets, do the seat adjustment before you drill the holes.  Each bike may be a bit different and why drill stainless steel twice.

Good luck and thanks for making these available to those that wanted to buy them.  It's not a fix but for a temp fix I like the effort invested.

Thanks again and to all the new seat bracket guys, good luck and measure twice and drill once.

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2009, 03:11:05 AM »

Thanks for your comments Dan...

I'd say this is a functional fix... I cant see moving the seat pan forward as much as you have without creating another problem, like cracking the pan at the foreward mounting tab?

I've got 1500+ miles on mine since the change, and so far works just fine. I do notice a gap of less than 1/8" while seated that promptly goes away once I get off.... I've sent pics of the seat mods as well as the bracket to HD engineering and MAYBE they will accept some responsibility in all of this. (Doubt it)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2009, 08:51:41 PM »

Why not put slots in them instead of holes. Then you can slide it to align it, and then tighten it up on the seat after you align it! I have seat tabs like that on a few of my bikes! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »

Why not put slots in them instead of holes. Then you can slide it to align it, and then tighten it up on the seat after you align it! I have seat tabs like that on a few of my bikes! ;)

Not a bad idea...

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2009, 11:58:19 AM »

I have lost 2 thumb screws so far on my SERG, and yes I check it regularily to make sure that it is tight. I suspect that if there were slots on the mount bracket, the vibration would cause the screw to loosen up and the mount to potentially slide forward and back. I am going to stick with drilling a single hole.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2009, 12:06:09 PM »

I have lost 2 thumb screws so far on my SERG, and yes I check it regularily to make sure that it is tight. I suspect that if there were slots on the mount bracket, the vibration would cause the screw to loosen up and the mount to potentially slide forward and back. I am going to stick with drilling a single hole.

The slots would be for the 2 holes where the tab screws onto the seat, so you can adjust the location to tightly align your seat gap in the front, and still line up with the rear hole to mount it to the bike. I wouldn't mount the tab to the seat using only 1 hole though. It can allow the seat slip/twist sideways on that single screw like that. Always use star or lock washers when attaching the tab to the seat, and under the screw where the tab mounts to the bike. Those will keep the screws from coming loose or falling out. ;)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:10:45 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2009, 02:49:50 PM »

The slots would be for the 2 holes where the tab screws onto the seat, so you can adjust the location to tightly align your seat gap in the front, and still line up with the rear hole to mount it to the bike. I wouldn't mount the tab to the seat using only 1 hole though. It can allow the seat slip/twist sideways on that single screw like that. Always use star or lock washers when attaching the tab to the seat, and under the screw where the tab mounts to the bike. Those will keep the screws from coming loose or falling out. ;)

That makes sense and should work fine.

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2009, 01:54:58 PM »

The seat mounting tab I used back in July, has the thumb screw spring loaded/mounted so it CAN'T back out and be losted. I have not had any seat issues since.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2009, 01:46:42 PM »

UPDATE ON BRACKETS:

First off, an apology from both myself and my fabricator friend. He was out sick with the flu, and just returned to work.

Brackets are complete and now in my possesion.

I'm waiting on USPS for the free flat-rate boxes and exvelopes and I hope this will be the cheapest shipping alternative. (At least the boxes were free)

Damn USPS... I just got the boxes... and I'm leaving on Vacation ... each of those on my original list and those that contacted me after, PLEASE send me name and address... I will ship the parts out starting October 12, 2009

emt364

• CVO1: 2009 Road glide
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2009, 07:53:22 AM »

I just received a new seat from HD. The seat comes up on the dash about 1/8" and when I set on it I can see about an 1/8" gap. The seat flexes very little so far I'm pleased with the HD fix.

Mickey Harler

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »

I just received a new seat from HD. The seat comes up on the dash about 1/8" and when I set on it I can see about an 1/8" gap. The seat flexes very little so far I'm pleased with the HD fix.

Hate to tell you this, but you will have a bigger gap soon. Just give it some time.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »

just got this from my Harley dealer,new revision on the seat,I've called harley every other day until they got tired of hearing me bitch guessed it paid off,

Hey Tim,

This is Mike in the service department. I called technical service and they said that there is going to be a revision to the stock seat to address the issue with the gap in the next several months. They said that they would be sending us a seat as soon as it is available due to your bike already having a reference number addressing this issue, even if your bike is out of warranty when the seat comes out. They did not give me any kind of lead time other than saying it will take several months.

Mike

Harley-Davidson / Buell of Pensacola

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »

Here's my take: I personally would rather be out riding than talking to a customer service rep who hasnt got a freaking clue about the real world problem with these seats, which appears to be shoddy assembly coupled with lack of adhesive and too short a bracket.

"Beaten with a hammer"? For a plastic seatpan? The fix is simple, see the pics of the disected seat, and show them to customer service, along with pics of the brackets people have made. Even if you get another new seat, the same problem will recur again.

The order window for the brackets has closed. I may consider making a second run if enough interest warrants it, but I doubt it. I'd need at least 20 more orders to do it again. For those of you that requested the brackets, I may see them by this weekend. I'll post up when they are done. Thanks for your interest and support in this project. I hope the new brackets fit each of your bikes and this is truly the "fix"
     I said it looks like it was beaten with a hammer,i do know it is a plastic seat,and by the way harley is fixing this problem in up comming months so i would suggest everyone to get their claim number in so you can get one if your warrenty expires

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »

Funny this comes shortly after sending HD  a completed version of the seat bracket and pictures of the seat mods... I guess someone did HD's homework for them?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2009, 02:13:20 AM »

just got this from my Harley dealer,new revision on the seat,I've called harley every other day until they got tired of hearing me bitch guessed it paid off,

Hey Tim,

This is Mike in the service department. I called technical service and they said that there is going to be a revision to the stock seat to address the issue with the gap in the next several months. They said that they would be sending us a seat as soon as it is available due to your bike already having a reference number addressing this issue, even if your bike is out of warranty when the seat comes out. They did not give me any kind of lead time other than saying it will take several months.

Mike

Harley-Davidson / Buell of Pensacola

My dealer and me was told Exactly the same ( two month ago ) with the difference that they told that the new modified seat is allready done and will have the same hd number ( no "A" behind it ) and we should wait to order another two weeks that we could be sure to get a really new modified one . So we did wait another 3 weeks before ordering and the seat isn`t arrived yet . Again , this happened minimum 2 month ago .
Bullsh....t , when you ask me .
They wait till you loose your interest in the stock seat .
 My signature works and fits great ( also hd made ) but extra bucks they earn .
Why are they able to make a fitting signature seat but not a fitting stock one ???????
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2009, 03:10:24 PM »

Just got a 'new to me' 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver and couldn't be happier except for the seat.  Called HD customer service and was told the fix would be out the end of October and was told to call back the week of 10/26.   

The fix seen in this thread involves pushing the entire seat forward.  Aside from the concerns already addressed regarding new stress points, I wonder if doing that will effect how the rider back rest aligns with the anchor points under the seat?

Hopefully Harley's fix will involve a seat that is long enough to cosmetically do the job.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »

Greetings,

I am by my own addmission a big fat f#@ker.   6'3" and 275.  Even with my size I liked the stock seat except for the gap thingy.  Due to the gaps return after getting a new seat and after my bsr bitching about the non adjustable chopped tour pak she had to have I too pushed the seat forward by drilling a new hole in the middle of the seat tang.  Worked great, no gap, bsr stopped bitching, BUT!!!!! now I have developed a pain in my left hip socket that hurts so bad I cannot lift my friggin foot off of the street to shift gears.

I guess I'll stop waiting for HD to do the right thing and by a aftermarket seat.  It's that or stop riding.  I can take a lot of pain but this pain is unbelievable.  I have litterally screamed like a girl after hitting the side of the footboard trying to get to the shifter.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Stevem

emt364

• CVO1: 2009 Road glide
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »

I do not know if I have the new version or not. Dealer installed new seat on Oct 3. The seat pan seams to be stiffer than the original, the nose is slightly longer and the gap has not grown in about 600 miles. So far still pleased.
Mickey Harler

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »

Would you please post a detailed photo of the nose and the rear mount bracket ?

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2009, 03:08:36 AM »

I have so far recieved mailing addresses for 9 of the original 16 that ordered, one sold thier bike and I picked up another interested party.

Its been a helluva weekend with the Hawaii State HOG rally and with that over, I'm boxing them up now and they should go out tomorrow and you should see them in 3-5 days (I think... USPS priority)

The rest of you need to get me your shipping information so I can get your part out ASAP

Thanks... Rob.

Bixby

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2009, 09:03:06 AM »

Did you receive Bixby's address ?

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2009, 09:31:22 AM »

Rob,

I sent a PM with my address.

Charles

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2009, 01:20:31 PM »

Did you receive Bixby's address ?

Didnt find it in my PMs... get it to me and it'll go out tomorrow...

Bixby

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »

Jon Strickler
9172 E 118th Pl S
Bixby, Ok 74008

Thanks for do this, let me know the amount and I will send you a check.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2009, 05:16:36 PM »

Jon Strickler
9172 E 118th Pl S
Bixby, Ok 74008

Thanks for do this, let me know the amount and I will send you a check.

Disregard the PM

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2009, 09:25:34 AM »

Rob,

Did you get my PM?

Charles

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2009, 02:39:42 PM »

I got all of your recent PMs... however, I need to get to my home PC to check who's went out so far... My wife sent out 9 on Wednesday... based on the original order list.

When I get home today (If I dont spend 12 hours here) I'll check again and see who else I have to send to...

Please be patient...  

EDIT: Part shipped out to the following:

Resbiker
Bixby
TBird (your shipping was higher)
MD-Dave
sem_bunda
just-us-6
04se103
Guilty
catahoula58

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:13:21 PM by 2009_FLTRSEI3 »

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »

:orange: I got my Seat Tab today in the mail in Texas.  Will send you the money next friday October 23 when I return home to Texas.  THX!   :orange:

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2009, 05:42:11 PM »

:orange: I got my Seat Tab today in the mail in Texas.  Will send you the money next friday October 23 when I return home to Texas.  THX!   :orange:

No problem... instuctions were included if you choose to use paypal....

Now, how come when I order something USPS priority I dont see it for a week... you got yours in 3-1/2? sux to live in Paradise...

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2009, 02:53:53 PM »

Rob, Thank You! I got my seat tab yesterday and installed it today and the seat is now fixed. Payment will be in the mail Monday. Again, thank you for your time and effort to help us out with this ongoing seat fitament problem.

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Silver SERG
    • CVO2: 05 Cherry SEEG
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2009, 07:45:57 PM »

I see everybody changing the seat tab to fix the seat issue, which eliminates the gap, but what about the seat bowing down?  I got my replacement (warranty) seat from HD today, and the gap was gone when I picked it up, but starting to widen by the time I got home.  Again, the seat starts to bow down after any use. 

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2009, 08:17:39 PM »

I see everybody changing the seat tab to fix the seat issue, which eliminates the gap, but what about the seat bowing down?  I got my replacement (warranty) seat from HD today, and the gap was gone when I picked it up, but starting to widen by the time I got home.  Again, the seat starts to bow down after any use. 

scroll back a couple of pages... I also modded the seat..

04se103

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2009, 02:36:12 PM »

Rob,Got the seat tab today Paypal sent
                                 Thanks Greg  :2vrolijk_21:

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2009, 12:01:02 AM »

Rob,Got the seat tab today Paypal sent
                                 Thanks Greg  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Greg...

I didnt realize that paypal fee's had increased so much...

Bixby

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2009, 02:44:06 PM »

Greg, I received my tab yesterday it looks great. I put a check in the mail today.
Again thanks for doing this.

Resbiker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2009, 11:45:00 PM »

Got the tab....check's in the mail...works just about right....no gap while on the seat....just even.
Thanks for all your input and getting these made.
Much appreciated. :carrot: :2vrolijk_21:
2009 Sil/Tit SERG
2004 Bl/Blue SEEG
1989 Cop E-glide
Jap Bikes
#1 = 1960 Cushman Super Eagle

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2009, 11:06:50 AM »

Got my tab in the mail last Saturday but have been out of town and the wife let the box sit on the counter.  Check mailed yesterday and hopefully this weekend I can put the thing on my bike.  Thanks for all the effort to get these made and mailed out!  Some day the MoCo we love to hate and hate to love will design their own inexpensive, functional fixes to their problems, but then we wouldn't need message boards.

volfan615

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2009, 02:24:19 PM »

I just got a call from the dealer concerning the seat gap on my new bike.  They said that the MoCo is aware of the issue and will have a service bulletin out in 3-6 months.  That follows what some of the others here have been told.  So I guess I will have to go with a work around until then.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2009, 12:06:23 AM »

Got 2.5K on mine since the seat mod and the bracket (.625" long) were installed. No issues since.

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2009, 04:29:06 AM »

Just sent payment via Paypal, sorry for the delay, was out of town and didn't realize I had gotten it. Thanks!
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »

Just came back from the 15k miles service and i got a new seat .
Believe it or not .
Allthough it is brand new , it seems to be modified , the front nose is stiffer and you cannot move it up . The directly comparison seemed to show the same seat , but it has a better fit and is more difficult to mount at the front where you have to slide in the metall into the seat"bag" .
Should they really have modified it finally . We will see .

volfan615

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »

At someones suggestion on here I drilled out the center hole in the seat bracket.  That gave me what I need to move the seat up as far as it will go.  Only issue with this fix is that there is only 1 screw attaching the bracket to the seat. 

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »

Just talked to HD customer service regarding the gap between the seat and the console.  A service bulletin will be issued to the dealers sometime around the end of the year.  The fix does not involve a new seat.  Instead there will be some type of mounting that goes under the seat that will force the seat forward and still allow you to secure it at the rear mounting point.  Those that are offered a new seat should take them up on it.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2009, 01:00:35 PM »

Just talked to HD customer service regarding the gap between the seat and the console.  A service bulletin will be issued to the dealers sometime around the end of the year.  The fix does not involve a new seat.  Instead there will be some type of mounting that goes under the seat that will force the seat forward and still allow you to secure it at the rear mounting point.  Those that are offered a new seat should take them up on it.

The MOCO been reading Dan Lockwood's posts? :huepfenjump3:    :huepfenjump3:    :bananarock:    Dan make sure you get your cut  ::)

Howie
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.641 seconds with 21 queries.