Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: THE FIX for SERG seat issues  (Read 30369 times)

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: THE FIX for SERG seat issues
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »

Add me as well, please.

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »

Please add me as well - 5/8" is good.  Thanks for doing the testing and leg work on all this!  When you're Continental state-side and happen to be in Dallas, look me up!  Let me know details on payment too.  timaingram@hotmail.com or post here whichever is easiest.

It's Tuesday so I hope I made the cut-off (think it is tomorrow?).

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »

Please add me also, Let me knoow where to send money and final price. Thanks!
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »

Added to list:
  • MD-Dave
  • hdfr120
  • sem_bunda
  • just-us-6

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

04se103

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »

Please add me to the list
 Thanks

kola

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009, 08:26:37 AM »

Please add me to the list.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

CURRENT LIST:

Checked with my friend... price is $10 + shipping (pretty sure I can send these in padded envelopes or the smallest box as flat rate)

The seat mounting holes will not be drilled, but the brackets will be 5/8" longer than the original and will have the rear fender mounting hole. Brushed stainless... you will need to drill the seat holes to your location. I'll post up some tips and ideas for drilling in a bit in a bit.

So far I have:

• Resbiker
  • Blazo
  • dartman
  • invinci
  • Bixby
  • charles05663
  • TBird
  • MD-Dave
  • hdfr120
  • sem_bunda
  • just-us-6
  • 04se103
  • kola
  • Guilty
  • catahoula58

Notes: Stainless requires different drilling techniques than mild steel... google can be your friend...

15 total for now...

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:59:15 PM by 2009_FLTRSEI3 »

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »

Please count me in for 1.

Guilty

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2009, 05:01:39 PM »

I'm on my 2nd seat  talked to harley customer service again today ,I will keep getting a new seat until they fix it,for 32grand we sould not have to do anything.Everyone needs to call and keep bitching tell they get tired of hearing us

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2009, 05:14:53 PM »

I'm on my 2nd seat  talked to harley customer service again today ,I will keep getting a new seat until they fix it,for 32grand we sould not have to do anything.Everyone needs to call and keep bitching tell they get tired of hearing us
I have not been able to get my dealer to replace the seat. I followed the instructions about calling the MoCo and still have had no success.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2009, 08:03:23 PM »

If there is no seat redesign, the seat issue will never be fixed. Constant bitching about the situation wont fix it because apparently the MoCO has no solution.

I like how the seat is now moved forward the 5/8" inch.

I'll agree that for 30K plus the bike should be "reasonably perfect"...

But, after 6 months, I'm not holding my breath. I'm moving on to finding a solution and a fix.

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2009, 08:35:54 PM »

:orange: ;D  Add me also!  It will do until I get my custom seat made.  Thanks and let me know also where to send the funds.

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 08:56:43 PM »

Good luck with that. I am on my second seat and it looks like it will be my last.   :soapbox: The MOCO doesn't give a chit about your seat, my seat, any SERG seat and they don't give a chit about their customers or their complaints. The MOCO refuses to do anything and now my dealer is also refusing to order me a new seat. My dealer wants me to take the seat to one of their mechanics at another store so he can take a look at it. That would be great if all I had was free time to deal with this but, regardless of what the dealer thinks, I do have a life. I'll just fix it myself and swallow this bitter pill but the MOCO has lost any chance of a return customer in me (and I'm sure they don't give a chit about that either).  :soapbox:

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »

Blazo, I feel your pain,  I have a piece of paper that says my bike is under warranty, but the reality of Harley ownership is that when you buy one your pretty much getting it as is, I resigned myself to the fact that in most cases like this short seat bracket, its simpler to just fix the darn thing.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009, 11:20:39 PM »

If there is no seat redesign, the seat issue will never be fixed. Constant bitching about the situation wont fix it because apparently the MoCO has no solution.

I like how the seat is now moved forward the 5/8" inch.

I'll agree that for 30K plus the bike should be "reasonably perfect"...

But, after 6 months, I'm not holding my breath. I'm moving on to finding a solution and a fix.

You got that right. Basically we are on our own to fix the seat properly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.