Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: THE FIX for SERG seat issues  (Read 30366 times)

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
Re: THE FIX for SERG seat issues
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2009, 01:54:58 PM »

The seat mounting tab I used back in July, has the thumb screw spring loaded/mounted so it CAN'T back out and be losted. I have not had any seat issues since.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2009, 01:46:42 PM »

UPDATE ON BRACKETS:

First off, an apology from both myself and my fabricator friend. He was out sick with the flu, and just returned to work.

Brackets are complete and now in my possesion.

I'm waiting on USPS for the free flat-rate boxes and exvelopes and I hope this will be the cheapest shipping alternative. (At least the boxes were free)

Damn USPS... I just got the boxes... and I'm leaving on Vacation ... each of those on my original list and those that contacted me after, PLEASE send me name and address... I will ship the parts out starting October 12, 2009

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

emt364

• CVO1: 2009 Road glide
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2009, 07:53:22 AM »

I just received a new seat from HD. The seat comes up on the dash about 1/8" and when I set on it I can see about an 1/8" gap. The seat flexes very little so far I'm pleased with the HD fix.

Mickey Harler

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »

I just received a new seat from HD. The seat comes up on the dash about 1/8" and when I set on it I can see about an 1/8" gap. The seat flexes very little so far I'm pleased with the HD fix.

Hate to tell you this, but you will have a bigger gap soon. Just give it some time.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »

just got this from my Harley dealer,new revision on the seat,I've called harley every other day until they got tired of hearing me bitch guessed it paid off,

Hey Tim,

This is Mike in the service department. I called technical service and they said that there is going to be a revision to the stock seat to address the issue with the gap in the next several months. They said that they would be sending us a seat as soon as it is available due to your bike already having a reference number addressing this issue, even if your bike is out of warranty when the seat comes out. They did not give me any kind of lead time other than saying it will take several months.

Mike

Harley-Davidson / Buell of Pensacola

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »

Here's my take: I personally would rather be out riding than talking to a customer service rep who hasnt got a freaking clue about the real world problem with these seats, which appears to be shoddy assembly coupled with lack of adhesive and too short a bracket.

"Beaten with a hammer"? For a plastic seatpan? The fix is simple, see the pics of the disected seat, and show them to customer service, along with pics of the brackets people have made. Even if you get another new seat, the same problem will recur again.

The order window for the brackets has closed. I may consider making a second run if enough interest warrants it, but I doubt it. I'd need at least 20 more orders to do it again. For those of you that requested the brackets, I may see them by this weekend. I'll post up when they are done. Thanks for your interest and support in this project. I hope the new brackets fit each of your bikes and this is truly the "fix"
     I said it looks like it was beaten with a hammer,i do know it is a plastic seat,and by the way harley is fixing this problem in up comming months so i would suggest everyone to get their claim number in so you can get one if your warrenty expires

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »

Funny this comes shortly after sending HD  a completed version of the seat bracket and pictures of the seat mods... I guess someone did HD's homework for them?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2009, 02:13:20 AM »

just got this from my Harley dealer,new revision on the seat,I've called harley every other day until they got tired of hearing me bitch guessed it paid off,

Hey Tim,

This is Mike in the service department. I called technical service and they said that there is going to be a revision to the stock seat to address the issue with the gap in the next several months. They said that they would be sending us a seat as soon as it is available due to your bike already having a reference number addressing this issue, even if your bike is out of warranty when the seat comes out. They did not give me any kind of lead time other than saying it will take several months.

Mike

Harley-Davidson / Buell of Pensacola

My dealer and me was told Exactly the same ( two month ago ) with the difference that they told that the new modified seat is allready done and will have the same hd number ( no "A" behind it ) and we should wait to order another two weeks that we could be sure to get a really new modified one . So we did wait another 3 weeks before ordering and the seat isn`t arrived yet . Again , this happened minimum 2 month ago .
Bullsh....t , when you ask me .
They wait till you loose your interest in the stock seat .
 My signature works and fits great ( also hd made ) but extra bucks they earn .
Why are they able to make a fitting signature seat but not a fitting stock one ???????
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2009, 03:10:24 PM »

Just got a 'new to me' 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver and couldn't be happier except for the seat.  Called HD customer service and was told the fix would be out the end of October and was told to call back the week of 10/26.   

The fix seen in this thread involves pushing the entire seat forward.  Aside from the concerns already addressed regarding new stress points, I wonder if doing that will effect how the rider back rest aligns with the anchor points under the seat?

Hopefully Harley's fix will involve a seat that is long enough to cosmetically do the job.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »

Greetings,

I am by my own addmission a big fat f#@ker.   6'3" and 275.  Even with my size I liked the stock seat except for the gap thingy.  Due to the gaps return after getting a new seat and after my bsr bitching about the non adjustable chopped tour pak she had to have I too pushed the seat forward by drilling a new hole in the middle of the seat tang.  Worked great, no gap, bsr stopped bitching, BUT!!!!! now I have developed a pain in my left hip socket that hurts so bad I cannot lift my friggin foot off of the street to shift gears.

I guess I'll stop waiting for HD to do the right thing and by a aftermarket seat.  It's that or stop riding.  I can take a lot of pain but this pain is unbelievable.  I have litterally screamed like a girl after hitting the side of the footboard trying to get to the shifter.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Stevem

emt364

• CVO1: 2009 Road glide
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »

I do not know if I have the new version or not. Dealer installed new seat on Oct 3. The seat pan seams to be stiffer than the original, the nose is slightly longer and the gap has not grown in about 600 miles. So far still pleased.
Mickey Harler

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »

Would you please post a detailed photo of the nose and the rear mount bracket ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2009, 03:08:36 AM »

I have so far recieved mailing addresses for 9 of the original 16 that ordered, one sold thier bike and I picked up another interested party.

Its been a helluva weekend with the Hawaii State HOG rally and with that over, I'm boxing them up now and they should go out tomorrow and you should see them in 3-5 days (I think... USPS priority)

The rest of you need to get me your shipping information so I can get your part out ASAP

Thanks... Rob.

Bixby

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2009, 09:03:06 AM »

Did you receive Bixby's address ?

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2009, 09:31:22 AM »

Rob,

I sent a PM with my address.

Charles
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 22 queries.