Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 240776 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 09:27:45 AM »

We're praying for you...  God Bless... 
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 09:49:10 AM »

Sam & Sue,

God Bless you guys .... thoughts and prayers coming your way from Upstate NY. Know that you will be in our thoughts.

Howie & Raquel

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 07:41:01 PM »

May God be with you and make you well real quick. kb
kb

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 10:49:38 PM »

Sharing this with helps each one of us appreciate just how precious life and relationships are.

There are things that happen in life that touch people in ways they never expected. This is one of those occasions for me. Sam, I can say I've never really read any of your posts before and obviously we've never meet before. Yet, I have been thinking of you and your illness all day. As a matter of fact, Linda & I were talking about it this afternoon. It is amazing how one comment or post on this site can have such far reaching effects. God bless you Sam & Sue and know that we will be praying for you.
AJ

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 11:11:21 PM »

Please keep us posted on how your doing. Sometimes it makes me feel better just to talk even if it's through a computer. The family of CVO owners are the best, so lean on us and remember we have you in our prayers. You must be a very strong person because GOD never gives us anymore then we can handle.  Please take care and take one day at a time.
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 11:35:44 AM »

Hello folks,

Thanks for all your careing and kind words.
All the advice, well taken also, thanks!!

I had a copy printed of the Doctor's notes and reports.
I also had copies made of the biopsy report and well, pretty much everything from Sept 19th until last Thursday.

I've been reading these papersover the weekend and it's amazing to me that although I speak english, these papers are much like reading a foreign lanuage. And it's a comfort to me that I can prove I'm not the only one that doesn't spell good. What's even funnier to me is that the Doc's don't take the time to do spell check either.  lol

After looking up words for the meaning, I find I can't even sound out many of the words. But they are very precise, and finely point to what is going on. As I stated earlier, my chest is quite a mess, the thymus cancer (Thymoma: man, that sounds to me like some kind of Island dance the locals talk you into danceing after they sauce you up a bit), It has metastasized by tisue to tisue so far, to my right lung, my inner cheast liner, my diaphram, a level #9 (what ever that is, reminds me of the White Album song number 9, confusion sums that up pretty good I guess, lol), my heart and it's veins and vessels seem to have the most tissue to tissue aggression tossed it it for now. It seems there are 2 sacks that hold the heart in place, both of those sack perimeters have been compromised. So one of our hopes is that the second way this type of cancer spreads (through the blood) hasn't happened yet. That info will be gathered with the PET scan on the 19th. Time is flying, it's only been 3 weeks and 2 days since my call to the Hospital asking about chest pain. One week from tomorrow will be the Pet scan. One other way this cancer spreads is through the lymph system, the thymus is like grand centrol in the chest for the lymph system. We are also hopeing that that system has not metastasized past my chest cavity, and the PET scan I'll have will gather that info as it is of my whole body.

Tomorrow, I plan to find a way to recieve treatments more locally, since they will likely be 5 days a week on an out-patient basis, the travel seems would be would be worse than the treatment. From here it's 2 and hours to Boston and about 4 hours to Albany, NY on some of the worst roads during winter conditions, but I hope to find out that info at my Oncology appointment on the 30th, (Trick or Treat, treat I hope) maybe I'll wear a costume, all my leathers and foul weather face mask. lol

Although the Tumor Board meeting wrote me off for surgery, one of those Doc's has made an appointment for me 11/03 at the Boston VA hospital with a tumor Board there, so I will have a second oppinion at least. I'm hoping, because the boston VA hospital has more experience with this type of cancer, maybe they will be more apt to give a more aggressive approach and possibly surgery before the radiation or chemo treatment starts. Now that would be OK with me.

Anyway, thanks again for careing, and I will keep you infored as I gather more info.

For now,
ride it while you can

Sam aka chappy
Ps 118:8

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 12:09:39 PM »

Hello Chappy, thanks for giving us a update. Please know that we all are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Also, please have Sue to post as much as she wants, even if it's to just talk to the key board. Never underestimate the power of prayer, sometimes GOD works at his own speed but rest assure that he is whit you and so are we. So stay strong and post when you can. Oh, Sue sound like a keeper you may want to keep her around, she sounds great.

Chris  :)
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 12:53:23 PM »

Sam,  Being the son of a pathologist, I know enough about this stuff to be dangerous.  I think you have a wonderful attitude about all of this.  I can tell you are holding your head high.  It's very apparent that you are a very strong willed man.  Renea and I are keeping you and your family close in our thoughts and prayers.  Thanks for sharing with us.

Henry

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »

Wow, Sam, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm putting a sticky on my computer with your name on it so every time I read it, I will say a prayer for you. 

Keep us posted,

V
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »

Our thoughts are with you Sam...

Be wikit cayahful in that traffic gointa Bawstin. 

Mike & Lisa. 

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 03:26:53 PM »

Thanks for the post.  First I wish you the very best going forward.  My advice is to continue going for opinions on this.  try and find someone in the country that has performed a similar type of surgery.  He/she is out there, i am sure.  Ask them to examine your x-rays, cat scans, PET etc.  There is often a slution to most every issue we face.  Try and keep both a positive attitude and energy is so important.  All the best and please keep us posted.

Ted

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 03:49:13 PM »

Hang in there Chappy,

I have been through five brain tumor surgerys in the past few months.
Ya got to take care of your self now and let others help.
Its truly a day at a time approach after surgury.
Im now walking again after 7 months down.
Dont give up.

Dave   :2vrolijk_21:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »

My thoughts and prayers go with you Chappy.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 09:14:33 AM »

Our prayers are with you!

Craig

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 01:38:26 PM »

For us this has been a miserable year, too many friends with health issues for my liking.

We're here for you both, it takes all of us pulling together to get through these events.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a successful recovery.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 99

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.