Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LED TSSM troubles  (Read 904 times)

jagonza1

• Full CVO Member
LED TSSM troubles
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:01:32 PM »

I have a 2003 Road glide with TSSM turn signal security system.  I recently installed the Cycle visions Eliminator tail light with built in LED Rear turn signals and LEDs in my front Turn signals.  I ordered the Cycle Visions TSSM compatible load equalizer.

My problems are this: 
First:  I have a siren on my security system and it sounds when bike is tampered but lights don’t flash with LEDs they still do with incandescent bulbs.

Second: When I use turn signals they start slow then they increase ins speed.  They alternate from front to back and they appear to be flashing at different rates from front to back.

Third:  I start the bike up. And al looks fine till I get a block down the road and the key light comes on in the speedometer.

One place suggests  resetting the module with a series of codes.
Cycle visions says I need 2 equalizers one in the front one in the back.

Is any of this true or does anyone have a better suggestion.

Thanks
John A. Gonzales

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: LED TSSM troubles
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 03:44:59 PM »

I would remove the CV equalizer and put on an "Alarm Compitable" load EQ from Kury Akyn, part number 4857. They also have an adapter that goes in line with the rear fender harness that makes it all plug and play, part number 4837.

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
Re: LED TSSM troubles
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 09:49:29 AM »

hd-dude is right on with his advise. Another TSSM compatible equalizer is the "Badland's III Load Equalizer" available from
ridetimetechnology.com. It's plug and play, installed at the connector to the rear lights. 

Tom P.

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.