Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Noise from rear of primary  (Read 7649 times)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
Re: Noise from rear of primary
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 04:43:20 PM »

Bandit_3,  Your motor sounds just like mine did and when they tore it down they found the Crank and FlyWheel excessivly tight. You could not rotate the FlyWheel without it sticking with the Pistons straight up. It should be free and easy to rotate with no hang-ups. They also found my Transmission Shaft had a forward and Aft play in excess of .003.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Bandit_3

Re: Noise from rear of primary
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 11:34:25 PM »

I have a 2010 UCSE5 and have the same sound coming from my primary from 1050 miles. I now have 2650 miles and it has been to Harley 5 times . They replaced the trans, clutch, basket, hub, race gear and bearing, compensator and lifters, and i still have the same sound except its getting louder and now i have a whine in 1st gear that i didnt have before. Today i was told by the Manager of Harley customer care in Milwaukii that they know i have a bad sounds but since they tried and cant repair it , now get this. IM GOING TO HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT....so now i have a $38,000.00 bike that sounds like a bucket of bolts and Harley isnt doing anything about it. They wont even look at it anymore. Anybody want to buy a really expensive anchor for a big boat.
All Harley Drive Train Section says is the bike is operating the way it was designed to operate and you just have to live with the sound. It may be time to move on to a metric after 40 years of riding Harley's
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.