Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Mt Lassen, Memorial Day weekend 2010  (Read 10353 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Mt Lassen, Memorial Day weekend 2010
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2010, 09:10:33 PM »

Looks like you had a great weekend ride!  We are organizing a  ride through Lassen as well for the end of June and hope the road over the top is open then.  Thansk fro sharing and hopefully one day we may ride together in northern cal.

johno, welcome to the board. 

You don't have to wait the Nor Cal members of this board get together and ride often.  In the summer months it seems like it's nearly every weekend.
Oakly is just down the road and you're just about in the middle of all the Nor Cal members.....let's ride! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2010, 01:45:00 AM »

None of the four of us read more than the headline on the sign.  So..............we didn't know that we were supposed to have a flashlight.  It was so dark down there that you literally could not see your hand directly in front of your face.

I had to keep flashing the camera to find our way through the cave.  All three of them were holding onto each other.  A lot of nervous laughter (to cover up the fear.  LOL).  It was approx. 900-1200 yds long and turned in every direction imagionable so it was an adventure. 

So it was an adventure?  Nah, everybody explores caves that way!

Carole and I are in Clarion, PA getting rain because we weren't tired of it yet.  Enjoyed the sunny scenic photos, and memories of the ice cream.  Jon's bike is very cool.  Hello Ladies.  Home Friday eve.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2010, 10:25:57 AM »

Hi Don & Carol if you are up for a day ride on Sat we are riding to Russian river with a group of friends ....... be great to see you again. Thanks on the the bike I just love that color on my SEUC amber and citrus for me. Your new seat is looking good are you enjoying it. We leave the Stockton Alano club at about 9:00 on sat if you are interested in joining us...... Jon

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2010, 10:19:56 PM »

johno, welcome to the board.  

You don't have to wait the Nor Cal members of this board get together and ride often.  In the summer months it seems like it's nearly every weekend.
Oakly is just down the road and you're just about in the middle of all the Nor Cal members.....let's ride! :2vrolijk_21:

I'm still waiting to hook up with the NorCal group. Anything going on this weekend?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:22:01 PM by Blazo »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2010, 10:53:22 PM »

I'm not doing anything and haven't heard anything from the guys in the bay.........highly unusual that none of us are getting together.

Are you going to the Southwest Get Together next week?  I'm sure that you could hook up and ride down with some of the guys.  I'm not going....have to work.

Both CAP (Chuck) and D31960 (Dan) are both relatively new to the board and they both like to get out when ever they can.  Somebody's always at Jim's shop on Saturday mornings.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:55:47 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2010, 11:00:41 PM »

I'm not doing anything and haven't heard anything from the guys in the bay.........highly unusual that none of us are getting together.

Are you going to the Southwest Get Together next week?  I'm sure that you could hook up and ride down with some of the guys.  I'm not going....have to work.

I'm not going to the GTG. I have a trip planned for the following weekend with stays in Weaverville, Chester, and Virginia City. We do a run every year, been going to the Hotel Jeff in Coulterville for a couple years but decided to head north this year (plus Hotel Jeff is closed and for sale now). Anyways, the w/e following the SW GTG is this year's run. I think you've seen posts from johno. He is the driving force behind our yearly 3 to 4 day run (usually 40 to 50 people), always a good time.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2010, 10:26:23 AM »

Beautiful pics. I'm changing my route so I can see some of that. Can't wait.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2010, 05:17:11 PM »

Looks like it was a great ride!

Hey JC,
 I am heading to Reno next Monday the 14th but have a stop to make in Fairfield so that means I am heading out from up north here down through Oregon to Klamath Falls that 1st day. From there I was originally just going to I-5/I-505 it to Fairfield but now thinking I may take a round about way to get there. As in taking 139 out of Tulelake down to Susanville and then from there Hwy 36 over to Chester where you guys were. From there what is a better ride, Hwy 32 to Chico on over to I-5 or Hwy 89 to Hwy70 and onto Thermalito and make my way to I-5 via Yuba City over to Williams?

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2010, 06:23:23 PM »

From there what is a better ride, Hwy 32 to Chico on over to I-5 or Hwy 89 to Hwy70 and onto Thermalito and make my way to I-5 via Yuba City over to Williams?

If I may butt in here, you can't go wrong with either 32 or 70, both are rated 8 outta 10.
http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/WestCoast/CA/CA_22.shtml
http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/WestCoast/CA/CA_10.shtml

If you've never ridden 70 though, the Feather River Canyon is not too be missed, very dramatic and scenic.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »

Looks like it was a great ride!

Hey JC,
 I am heading to Reno next Monday the 14th but have a stop to make in Fairfield so that means I am heading out from up north here down through Oregon to Klamath Falls that 1st day. From there I was originally just going to I-5/I-505 it to Fairfield but now thinking I may take a round about way to get there. As in taking 139 out of Tulelake down to Susanville and then from there Hwy 36 over to Chester where you guys were. From there what is a better ride, Hwy 32 to Chico on over to I-5 or Hwy 89 to Hwy70 and onto Thermalito and make my way to I-5 via Yuba City over to Williams?

You've got some great choices.  From Chester you could take Hwy. 89 south to Hwy. 70 west (Feather River Canyon) to just past Oroville and Hwy 162 west on over through Butte City to Hwy. 45 south to County Line Rd. west to I-5, south to I-505 into Fairfield.  The Feather River Canyon is the way we went up.....the first few pages of this thread with all the water falls and railroad bridges, etc.

Or.....you could go west out of Chester on Hwy.89 north to hwy. 32 south (the sign will say Chico) which is the way we went home......where we took the last few pages of photos. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

johno

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 1994 Electra Glide Classic
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2010, 07:00:08 PM »

JC, heading up to Lassen Burney falls, Chester and Lassen this weekend - only have option to take either 32 or 70 - would you recommend one over the other?  Haven't done either yet - did get to do LaPorte Quincy Road - was great bike road.

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »

Thanks for the recommendations, sorry for the temp hijack of the thread.... :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2010, 12:34:01 AM »

Thanks for the recommendations, sorry for the temp hijack of the thread.... :2vrolijk_21:

Not a problem.  We've already been there, done that! :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 22 queries.