Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Help me decide on a SE!  (Read 6745 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Help me decide on a SE!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 11:37:24 PM »

The Red one is the fastest

And the best.

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 11:44:21 PM »

Get the red one.

Which red one?  The one in the pic or the 2005?  My girlfriend hates the color of the  2005 Cherry.  i could get it for 18.  But I must say I like the look of the 2007 red and black the best. .  It might be the most beautiful of all.  It is expensive though...only 800 mi on it.. has the recalls done and kuryakin dual and crusher pipes, race tuner, dyno'd. 
2011 CVO Street Glide
Black Diamond with Crimson graphics
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!
Harley LED headlights and passing lamps
Focal spkrs and Arc Audio amp
Wild One Chubby bars 0575

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 11:49:04 PM »

My girlfriend hates the color of the  2005 Cherry. 

What!?!  What's up with that?  Get the bike and dump the girlfriend!  She's nuts!

But I must say I like the look of the 2007 red and black the best.

What!?!?  What's up with that?  You're both nuts!

Ok, all kidding aside.  The 05 is a much much better looking bike.  It's true.  I've read it on the Internet many times.  The 103 in the 05 is also a more reliable engine than the early 110.  And that's even more true.

But, basically, when it's all said and done; get the red one.

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »

If your going to get the pre 09 frame, then I would stick to the 103" engine. Much more reliable than the 110's have been, and can be made to make really good power.

I concur your honor! 2vrolijk_21

you guys are making too much sense.  I agree with the wisdom of this, but I am just not knocked out by  appearance of the older ones. haven't seen them in person tho... cant afford the 09 frame models..   I think the black and blue 2004 might be my fave of those, but there is not a good bargain on one at the moment.  I missed one that was loaded by a whisker...    The candy cherry is just not me.  I think this red and black 07 is really a hot looking machine.. .is there no way to make the 110 into a good powerplant?

2011 CVO Street Glide
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 11:56:18 PM »

you guys are making too much sense.  I agree with the wisdom of this, but I am just not knocked out by  appearance of the older ones. haven't seen them in person tho... cant afford the 09 frame models..   I think the black and blue 2004 might be my fave of those, but there is not a good bargain on one at the moment.  I missed one that was loaded by a whisker...    The candy cherry is just not me.  I think this red and black 07 is really a hot looking machine.. .is there no way to make the 110 into a good powerplant?

It's true.  The 05 red bikes just can't be made to look that good.....  :huepfenlol2:

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 11:57:42 PM »

What!?!  What's up with that?  Get the bike and dump the girlfriend!  She's nuts!

If you saw her and you saw me , you would know she is nuts for real!  She is a babe!  I tell everyone she is a blind girl and I slipped her seeing eye dog some cyanide biscuits when he tried to give her the signal to lose me!

2011 CVO Street Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 11:58:59 PM »

If you saw her and you saw me , you would know she is nuts for real!  She is a babe!  I tell everyone she is a blind girl and I slipped her seeing eye dog some cyanide biscuits when he tried to give her the signal to lose me!

Damn, that makes it a tougher call then.  The babe or the bike.....?  Ok, keep the babe and get the bike.  She'll get used to it.

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 12:02:47 AM »

It's true.  The 05 red bikes just can't be made to look that good.....  :huepfenlol2:

That looks great...  So you think they are that much better way to go than the 07 huh?  Lot less money too. 
2011 CVO Street Glide

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 12:06:26 AM »

so what is so good about these 04 and 05 SEEG bikes?  Reliable powerplant?  What else..  I have not seen one in person.. do they really exude quality or sumfin?   :)  Which year has the edge?  I have done searches, but would like to hear a little more.....
2011 CVO Street Glide

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 12:12:40 AM »

and what about havin only the five speed in the seeg?  I havent compared the gear ratios yet, but I might presume that 5th in the 5 speed is a taller gear than 5th in the six speed?  Does it still cruise on the highway at a relatively low rpm?
2011 CVO Street Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 12:16:11 AM »

so what is so good about these 04 and 05 SEEG bikes?  Reliable powerplant?  What else..  I have not seen one in person.. do they really exude quality or sumfin?   :)  Which year has the edge?  I have done searches, but would like to hear a little more.....

04-05 do have a great engine.  They do look great.  But that's subjective.  Only you know what looks best to you.  Personally I'd not get the first year 110 bikes unless it was an obscene bargain.  They had so many problems....

Between the 04 and 05 bikes it's really just a choice of appearance and a few accessories.  The big one is the 05s got a tour pak and the 04s didn't.  04s also had some issues with peeling chrome.  Could be expensive but likely an issue dealt with by now on most bikes.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 12:34:11 AM »

Hi DennisG,
I have been reading this thread trying to figure out what your riding style/plans are for the bike. That may be something to consider, such as are you solo most of the time or mainly two up? Will you be commuting and in town riding a lot or mainly on the highway etc?
You can get flooded with opinions on any website and they will all be different yet most owners will be justifying their decisions to purchase a particular bike/color/engine and the mods they have performed. (It would be hard to admit a $20,000- $50,000 or more mistake.)
Just my .02 but I would say decide what type of riding you will be doing and then buy the bike that is in you price range and a color you can enjoy. You are the one that will have to make payments on it an look at it in the garage every day so please yourself, don't try to get something to please others unless it's your significant other of course.
I have never owned a 2005 Chery SEEG but I think that is the best color combo HD ever produced. The 2004/05 SEEG have a great powerplant as you have mentioned but the detachable Tourpac makes it more maneuverable around town and give it a sporty look, yet when you need more storage and a back support for a passenger it's there.
My first CVO is a 2006 FLHTCUSE (not my first Harley though.) It has the 103 motor and it's added features over the SEEG is that it has the HK radio with XM radio,C/B and intercom so you can talk to your passenger as well as to another bike.It also has heated seat and grips and the electric garage door opener. The Tourpac is also larger than on the SEEG.(It is the black leather one which many think is ugly though.)
I also have a 2009 SERG and love the improved frame,increased power of the 110 motor and the larger 6 gallon gas tank, the 6 speed transmission(overdrive for highway) and the ABS brakes.Yet compared to my 2006 I gave up a Tourpac,lowers,heated seat and grips and the C/B,XM and intercom.

I would be willing to bet that no matter which bike you decide on the purchase price is only the starting point since only a small minority of site members leave their bike stock or close to it over time.So please take that into consideration that if you buy a "top of your budget" bike you will be wishing for more funds you may not have to do modifications to your bike.
Whatever you decide enjoy it and ride safe.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:41:23 AM by VaEagle »

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 12:44:06 AM »

Hi DennisG,
I have been reading this thread trying to figure out what your riding style/plans are for the bike. That may be something to consider, such as are you solo most of the time or mainly two up? Will you be commuting and in town riding a lot or mainly on the highway etc?
You can get flooded with opinions on any website and they will all be different yet most owners will be justifying their decisions to purchase a particular bike/color/engine and the mods they have performed. (It would be hard to admit a $20,000- $50,000 or more mistake.)
Just my .02 but I would say decide what type of riding you will be doing and then buy the bike that is in you price range and a color you can enjoy. You are the one that will have to make payments on it an look at it in the garage every day so please yourself, don't try to get something to please others unless it's your significant other of course.
I have never owned a 2005 Chery SEEG but I think that is the best color combo HD ever produced. The 2004/05 SEEG have a great powerplant as you have mentioned but the detachable Tourpac makes it more maneuverable around town and give it a sporty look, yet when you need more storage and a back support for a passenger it's there.
My first CVO is a 2006 FLHTCUSE (not my first Harley though.) It has the 103 motor and it's added features over the SEEG is that it has the HK radio with XM radio,C/B and intercom so you can talk to your passenger as well as to another bike.It also has heated seat and grips and the electric garage door opener. The Tourpac is also larger than on the SEEG.(It is the black leather one which many think is ugly though.)
I also have a 2009 SERG and love the improved frame,increased power of the 110 motor and the larger 6 gallon gas tank and the 6 speed transmission.Yet compared to my 2006 I gave up a Tourpac,lowers,heated seat and grips and the C/B,XM and intercom.

I would be willing to bet that no matter which bike you decide on the purchase price is only the starting point since only a small minority of site members leave their bike stock or close to it over time.So please take that into consideration that if you buy a "top of your budget" bike you will be wishing for more funds you may not have to do modifications to your bike.
Whatever you decide enjoy it and ride safe.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.  i will be riding a lot around town alone, but in the evening and weekends two up and i make some trips to SC every year and I would consider riding it down.  So, I will be doing a little of everything, hence my desire for an ultra or EG with a detachable tour pak and maybe an extra seat.  I appreciate all your responses and I am sure I will end up with something that will work, but the process can be a bit overwhelming when shopping around. 

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 11:50:54 AM »

Dennis

I personally am not a big fan of red bikes. I have seen all the bikes you mention up close and personal and even for me. The 05 Cherry is the winner hands down. My first HD was an 05 Heritage and it was really difficult to stop drooling over the 05 cherry sitting in the showroom beside it. The pluses for the 07 are that it seems like you really like the looks, it has the cb and electronics and ??? the minuses are the 110 engine known problems (and with such low miles there is no way of knowing it's one of the few good ones), it's more money. Weighing all of the options personally if it were me the 05 has the 103, detachable tp, less money (more money for upgrades), and argueably the best paint scheme HD has ever had. (even for a non-red guy) Good luck with the search it is half the fun after all.

PS   How hot is she ???
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:56:02 AM by BUBBLEHEAD »

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 12:14:45 PM »

Dennis

I personally am not a big fan of red bikes. I have seen all the bikes you mention up close and personal and even for me. The 05 Cherry is the winner hands down. My first HD was an 05 Heritage and it was really difficult to stop drooling over the 05 cherry sitting in the showroom beside it. The pluses for the 07 are that it seems like you really like the looks, it has the cb and electronics and ??? the minuses are the 110 engine known problems (and with such low miles there is no way of knowing it's one of the few good ones), it's more money. Weighing all of the options personally if it were me the 05 has the 103, detachable tp, less money (more money for upgrades), and argueably the best paint scheme HD has ever had. (even for a non-red guy) Good luck with the search it is half the fun after all.

PS   How hot is she ???

Yes you guys have me leaning toward that cherry 05.  Lot less money, I can get the 07 with 800 mi for 26500, but the cherry has lots of upgrades for only 18k.  What about having only 5 spd tranny though?  Is that irritating on the highway on a longer trek?

PS She is 32, very pretty and cute  and amazingly sweet and unassuming does p90x workout every day and has a flat stomach. .  I, on the other hand, am 53 with grey hair and a inverse 6 pak (six rolls of fat) but I am pretty cool...and humble too! lol   Maybe Ill post a pic of her later....   ;)
2011 CVO Street Glide
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.