Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 Harley-Davidson FXSTSSE Question  (Read 1949 times)

Mick13000

2007 Harley-Davidson FXSTSSE Question
« on: January 05, 2011, 11:24:50 PM »

Good Evening,

Just checked in here on this site!  Just started doing some leg work into a 2007 Harley-Davidson FXSTSSE. I wanted one in 2007, but deployment got in the way for that (and the price was a little daunting to say the least)

This bike is used, and listed as "water damaged-fresh"-has about 6K miles on it. Private dealer (Non-MoCo) has sent it out for repairs. I'm supposed to get a call letting me know the price.
 I already looked at a few posts here in reference to service recall #0969 ? Head gasket etc..

If anyone has the same model or information as to what to look for and questions to ask, It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for responding in advance and hope your new year is the very best!

Respectfully,

Mick

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
Re: 2007 Harley-Davidson FXSTSSE Question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:10:05 AM »

Congratulations on the new ride!  I'm sure the group here will get you up and running on what you should look for.  I can't remember any of it.  Then again, I got my 09 used as well, and the one recall was already done (forget the exact details and not sure if it applies to your bike).

So without further delay, as I haven't been able to help you one bit on your original question  :o , I did want to at least say Whoot!  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21: on getting your ride finally.
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 01:55:10 PM »

Apart from the head gasket product improvements I have had no trouble at all with my 07.......what am I talking about!!!!!!!!  I have had a new tank (paint problem) new front wheel (chrome fault) 3 led rear lights (cus water gets in there and flashes like a xmas tree until it dies) and 3 excellent riding seasons and looking forward to season 4 with still a big grin on my face.

Seriously, I wouldnt trade the grin this bike gives me for any other bike, accept the 110 engines run hot, make sure that the bike has some sort of fuel system controller to enrichen the fuel air ratio (power commander or SERT SEST or ??????) together with a free flowing air filter and exhaust pipes and enjoy the ride.

Jack

• Full CVO Member
  • thank you Denis Van Orman (DVO)

• CVO1: 07 FXSTSSE Amarillo Gold/Candy Tangerine (1/540) thanks Dude
    • CVO2: 98 Lincoln LSC Ivory Pearlescent (34K)
    • CVO3: 87 Porsche 944 Rose Quartz
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:05:48 PM »

Hey Mick13000

I found a flood dammaged Blue 07 FXSTSSE same miles you are lookn' at from Tennessee. It was up for auction a couple of months ago on a major US auction (Insurance Auto Auction). Don't know what it went for. 

You would be buying a titled bike with very little resale value.  In Pennsylvania we call it "R" title (Replacement/Reconstructed).  Meaning the insurance co paid off the bike for the insured and it went to a salvage yard. 

Good Luck on that....J
FXSTSSE
H-D Tribal Mirrors (92410-09)
H-D medium low detachable (round stock) sissy bar
2006 Bobtail fender rack & trans dip stk w/medallion
Jet Scream (air delivery)
10mm SE plug wires
NGK Iridium IX (DCPR9EIX) 2316
Mercury Marine QUICKSILVER 20-W50
MOTORKOTE (petroleum hydrocarbon) in all 3 areas
RED LINE HEAVY SHOCKPROOF
93 Octane
Lyndall "Z" Racing Brake Pads "Gold"
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.