Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I thought I had seen it all,......  (Read 985 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
I thought I had seen it all,......
« on: April 10, 2006, 12:19:51 AM »

So it's Sunday, and my wife took the boys to see Ice Age 2. I get on the bike and go for a ride. Up PCH, to Malibu Canyon, over to Mulholland Drive, and then to the Rock Store. It's a a typical day at the Rock Store, wall to wall bikes, old ones, new ones, Japanese bikes, German Bikes, Italian Bikes, and home made bikes. During my visits there I have seen Jay, Arnold, Sylvester, Peter, and all the other celebs you see making news in the tabloids. I have seen accidents, fall downs, and CHiPs writing tickets. I have seen muscle cars, collector cars, and exotic cars. I've even seen Jays jet powered car and motorcycle.

Today I saw a street legal Formula 1 race car pull up. Here it is.

The driver pulled up wearing a full face helmet. I started laughing when I saw this. After he parked and climbed out, the crowd started gathering and asking questions. I said to the driver, "Hey buddy, did you get lost during the Long Beach Gran Prix or what"? Then I asked him, "Where does the kids car seat go, how big is the trunk, can I fit my golf clubs in it"?, followed by "What do you say to the valet guy at the restaurant"? "I should have asked him how well it does with parking lot speed bumps. He said it was "street legal", and that it got 14mpgs. He also said it made 450hp, which was a lot considering the thing weighs only 1,400lbs. You too could own one for just $95,000. I just shook my head and walked away.

Later I rode over to Neptunes Net out on the LA/Ventura border for some seafood. Wouldn't you know it, he showed up there as well. Another day in LA!
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: I thought I had seen it all,......
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 12:25:55 AM »

Only in California! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  More money than brains.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 01:54:23 AM »

Only in California! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 09:39:31 AM »

Thats just plain retarded.95 G's for that what a waste.Probably cant get to the change in his pockets to pay for tolls [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 05:55:41 PM »

I WAS AT THE ST PETE GRAND PRIX LAST WEEK AND THEY WERE DISPLAYING & SELLING THESE REPLICAS THERE . THEY ARE FAR FROM A FORMULA 1 CAR OR EVEN A INDY CAR. THEY ARE AVAILABLE WITH DIFFERNT PWR PLANTS 4,6,8 CLY @ STARTING PRICE 37K. BY THE WAY THEY ARE STREET LEGAL !
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

Whatever turns you on!  95 large huh!! pretty silly
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.