Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Expected more  (Read 6366 times)

eleft36

• Full CVO Member
  • Senior Rider
Re: Expected more
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 09:13:43 PM »

I would wait and go pick the bike up before doing anything more. Take it out for a ride and see if you enjoy what you have today. Chasing dyno numbers is just that......... chasing numbers. These guys are talking more compression to get better numbers and that brings along harder starting in warm to hot riding conditions, better fuel requirements and on and on. Just being run on a different dyno may yield better results. Take a look at what range you ride the bike in not what a dyno sheet says first. Then compare only that area of the dyno sheet. I see way to many guys get wrapped up chasing numbers these days who will never even use the extra 5 HP as it's in an RPM range that you do not use. Remember that Torque is what gets a load moving and an engine with better Torque in the RPM range you ride in is going to feel and perform the best, unless of coarse you plan on drag racing your bike.
   Amen :2vrolijk_21:  Steve,
Not many listen to reality and logic. :oops:

Al
2010 CVO 110" Conv. Exhaust, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Adapted H-D Engine Guard, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990 Leather Works Inc. Bags with Deluxe modified guards, H-D Windshield, Thunder Max A/T, '05 CVO Tour Pac, SCRC Chapter 524

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 07:25:35 AM »

Scott,

What do you think my problem is? I know dynos are a fickle but I was comparing this to a friends bike with less compression and a milder cam. I put a 50mm Screaming eagle TB that I don't think he put on. Do you think it could be all in the exhaust? I have Bub 7 slip ons with the stock header pipes. What 2-2 pipe have you seen the best sucess with?

I will probably ride it this way for a bit and see how it runs before switching to a new exhaust system. I like the looks of the Rinehart crossbacks, how do they perform?

What do the heads flow?? Intake/exhaust?
That 50 is probably pinching things, as we are using 55mm HPI's on our 98" Hi-Output set-ups now.
What is the ccp?
We see that D&D pipes work very well, as does 2/1 Supertrapps. :)
Scott

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 12:33:02 PM »

I would not speculate about the heads even if I had flow sheets, just me I guess.
I have made 1.14+ hp and tq / cu.in. on these motors consistently even with heads that flowed 15cfm less then the stock CVO head, and with a flat as a pancake torque curve. Just creates a slippery slope to specualte on the heads.

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 12:54:15 PM »

Its depending on how much the tuner did, was it a "full  tune,"   or just a "fluff" tune  :-X

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 07:53:10 PM »

The mech put a tapered 2-2 cycleshack exhaust and it showed 222 Hp and 126 Tq. Guess that means the Bub7 slip ons are my problem. The Cycle shack was a 2 in. stepped header set.

Anyone have suggestions on what 2-2 exhaust to get. I would like to perform at least as well as the Cycleshacks.

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 06:29:40 AM »

i use the Bassani Pro Streets on my 09 Springer.

Angry Pirate

• Junior CVO Member
  • Bikes are meant to be ridden!

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 12:46:24 PM »

Doc,

I agree with you if you don't add pistons but, I was expecting at least 120/120.

I don't like the looks of the 2-1 exhaust. Knowing that what is the best performing 2-2 exhaust. I have been told not Big Radius. Damn more money!!!

I have the Drag Specialties Staggered Duals (made by V&H) with the "quiet baffles" (not that quiet) for added back pressure.  The look like dual pipes but have and X in the middle that you can't see.  Searched around on the net and got them for $375 two years ago.  Can't remember where.  Run great and sound awesome with the baffles.  THe X runs smoother than the big radius I ad on my Night Train and way better flow than the stock exhaust.
2009 FXSTSSE3
Python Staggered Dual (V&H Baffles)
Power Commander V W/Auto Tune
14" Fat Apes
Danny Gray Saddle

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 05:25:44 PM »

What ci?
What cams?
What altitude?
What humidty?

Lots of variables.

Similar work on mine less high compression pistons resulted 104HP 105TQ at 6200ft

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »

The mech put a tapered 2-2 cycleshack exhaust and it showed 222 Hp and 126 Tq. Guess that means the Bub7 slip ons are my problem. The Cycle shack was a 2 in. stepped header set.

Anyone have suggestions on what 2-2 exhaust to get. I would like to perform at least as well as the Cycleshacks.
222hp WOOOOOHOOOOO :pepper: :pineapple: :bananarock: :mango: :orange:

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2011, 06:23:46 PM »

Lol, 122 HP doesn't sound as good but......

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 06:31:49 PM »

DesertHog, did you look at the previous posts as all but the Elevation has been given.....640 ft above sea level. I don't have the dyno graph as I'm traveling for work but will post it when I get back.

scj

• CVO1: '11 FLHXSE2
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 07:52:55 AM »

What size injectors are you using with the 50mm TB?

The TTS gives you a calculator and I believe you'll need 5.3's to break the 120 HP mark.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 11:08:48 AM »

Are Bub 7 slip on's very close to the RHTD set up?

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.