Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2006 VRSCSE2 Gearbox  (Read 1109 times)

Siberianwind

2006 VRSCSE2 Gearbox
« on: June 12, 2011, 04:20:58 AM »

Is a factory 6 speed gearbox available for my 2006 VRSCSE2? I bought this bike a couple of years ago but until recently rode it very little as I have been working in Europe and only rode it when back home for vacation.

The more that I ride it, the more I am convinced it needs a 6th gear. SO.....does anyone have any experience with this issue and can guide me?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: 2006 VRSCSE2 Gearbox
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »

Is a factory 6 speed gearbox available for my 2006 VRSCSE2? I bought this bike a couple of years ago but until recently rode it very little as I have been working in Europe and only rode it when back home for vacation.

The more that I ride it, the more I am convinced it needs a 6th gear. SO.....does anyone have any experience with this issue and can guide me?

No.  Even if something were available, you'd have to split the cases to get it in there...big $$$$  And there is nothing available that I'm aware of.

You basically have to get used to turning 5K RPM on a Vrod when running 75-80 mph.  It's not hurting the motor, but it does sound a bit "busy".
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Siberianwind

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 10:09:34 PM »

Thanks for your feedback.....I suspected as much. What do you think....would it be possible to modify some of the gear ratios or is the housing simply to small to accomodate any changes?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 01:25:02 PM »

Thanks for your feedback.....I suspected as much. What do you think....would it be possible to modify some of the gear ratios or is the housing simply to small to accomodate any changes?

I'm sure it is possible...but the cost would be outrageous for custom made gears.  About the only thing you can do reasonably is change the front pully for the belt drive, which may help a little bit on the upper end RPM's.

For all things Vrod related, I would recommend this site:  http://www.1130cc.com/

If it can be done, somebody on that site has done it.  It's a nice site, just full of guys who are a bit younger that the "typical" HD air cooled rider...but there are some very knowledgable folks on that site.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.