Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: CVO Owners around Atlanta.........  (Read 3523 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: CVO Owners around Atlanta.........
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2006, 10:42:16 AM »

Boone, Blowing Rock, and Grandfather Mountain are all North of Asheville...go up thru Hickory, NC.  Blowing Rock has a Chimney effect that on some days if you throw a coin it will blow back up from the wind being funneled through the rock.  Grandfather is a really cool rock outcropping where you can see for miles. The towns are cool surrounding these areas as they have become revitalized...sort of Mayberry done over. ;)  Some good southern eats (sorry guys, no pig guts (chitlins), but good BBQ, etc).  All of these are good riding roads winding through the mountains, with the option of hopping up on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Also, Linville Falls is in that area which is a great thing to see...just a 1/4 mile walk to lookout points.  Well worth the effort.  For Civil War History, Chattanooga is hard to beat...one of the biggest battles was fought from Lookout Mountain overlooking the Tennessee River which runs through town.  There's also a great Freshwater Aquarium there, a cool downtown area where bikers gather on certain nights of the week.  I'm not sure about what directions you guys are headed...if you'll let me know either here or in a PM, I'll put together some "points of interests" and how to get to 'em.  No matter what you do, you're gonna' have a good time riding in this area of the country, I promise you that much.  Wish I could join you...depends on when I pick up the bike from the dealer...could have 500 miles on it by then....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »

But that's not the legend behind Blowing Rock, TC!

Just thought I'd tell you guys from the West Coast....

BRING LOTS OF BUG SPRAY!!  If you're not afraid fo DEET, USE IT!!!!!   Otherwise, Skin So Soft (by Avon) sunscreen and bug repellant or Skin So Soft bug spray works best!!  The mosquitos and gnats will drive you nuts!!!

~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »

BRING LOTS OF BUG SPRAY!!  If you're not afraid fo DEET, USE IT!!!!!   Otherwise, Skin So Soft (by Avon) sunscreen and bug repellant or Skin So Soft bug spray works best!!  The mosquitos and gnats will drive you nuts!!!

Think I'll use Skin So Soft because I'm dainty! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Thanks for the heads up on this.  Legends are wrote about the bugs you have back there. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

J.C.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 07:30:27 PM »

BRING LOTS OF BUG SPRAY!!  If you're not afraid fo DEET, USE IT!!!!!   Otherwise, Skin So Soft (by Avon) sunscreen and bug repellant or Skin So Soft bug spray works best!!  The mosquitos and [highlight]gnats [/highlight]will drive you nuts!!!

Aren't these the state bird of SC?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 08:30:54 PM »

Aren't these the state bird of SC?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] har!  spyder

Not only Carolina, but our local AAA baseball team - Savannah Sand Gnats, if that tell ya anything. One of the top two things I hate about my area.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2006, 01:47:55 AM »

One week from tonight, Andy, Jon and I will be catching the plane to Atlanta.  Our motorcycles arrived yesterday and they're in good shape.

By the way, it was Keyboard Carriage that hauled them for us.......$625 from Sacramento Harley Davidson to Harley Davidson of Atlanta.

Several members of this site will be meeting us at the dealership and we're looking forward to meeting and riding with Vgirl, Mrs. RedHot, Hubbard, Otis, Fired00d, JR and a couple others that I'm drawing a blank on right now.  Then, after a few days, Jock will hook up with us for the ride west.

Really looking forward to this one!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2006, 09:12:08 PM »

Got a schedule and route worked out yet?

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 07:31:21 AM »

Really looking forward to this one!

Me too !!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006, 11:21:37 PM »

Got a schedule and route worked out yet?

I think we're going to go as you and a couple others suggested......leave the dealership and head up through Gainsville, through Franklin, Maggie Valley, Asheville and the Biltmore Mansion and on to Charolette.  Day two (June 11)....right now, is scheduled for a ride to Myrtle Beach and back to Charolette.  Day three June12) with Hubbard and Otis.  Day four June 13) back down through the Smokies to Chattanooga.  

Jock will hook up with us that night or early the next day (June 14th).  From there it's across to Memphis.....Graceland, JR and a couple others from this site and on west.

West Coast GTG   

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2006, 10:20:47 PM »

What and where are Boone, Blowing Rock and Grandfather mountain?

How about some civil war areas......where are they at?

Not sure if anyone answered.  Boone, Blowing Rock and Grandfather mountain are all about 80 to 100 miles NE of Asheville.  

I'm not that familiar with that area so I'm not sure what Civil War sites are there.  The one I'm most familiar with is Chickamauga battlefield not far from Chattanooga.  Easy, flat ride with nice scenery.  http://ngeorgia.com/history/chickam.html

You'll also be riding through some Civil War areas on 75/575 through Kennesaw, Marietta and Canton.  For more info, look at this site that list them by state.  
http://www.cr.nps.gov/hps/abpp/battles/bystate.htm

http://www.civilwar.gatech.edu/

Hope this helps!  Have a safe trip and see you Saturday.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 10:27:53 PM »

Here's another one in North GA area...

http://www.state.ga.us/civilwar/georgia.html

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2006, 10:08:13 AM »

Thanks to everybody who has helped us get this ride together both on the direct posts and the PMs and emails.  We appreciate it and are looking forward to this ride and meeting many of you along the way.

Again, all of you are welcome to join us for any part of this ride wether it be an hour or a day or, like Jock, the whole trip.  It can only be a hell of a lot of fun with some really great people.

J.C.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.