Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not all cages are bad  (Read 1352 times)

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
Not all cages are bad
« on: May 20, 2006, 06:07:34 PM »

Damn I didn't hit the right button to save this kids pic i took of him in the rest area on Rt. 25 heading home from naitram house today!!!! Sorry John R.  My bad!!
 Anyways rolling at 85-90 mph heading home on Rte. 495 in the fast lane cause it was the best of the 3 lanes with the current road surface conditions, did this BEAUCHHHH in a black small SUV with a drawing of a Panda bear on the spare tire cover come rolling up to me like I was some azzhole in her way of life!! She dogged me for about 3 miles when I decided that I was more important than she is, and not worth the hassle of getting into a dogfight at that speed, and no doubt I'd lose. I pulled out of her way- she bolted by me with her cell phone to her ear.. A second small red car pulled up next to me and flanked me motioning the finger at her-RIGHT!! I nodded at him, he motioned he was going to get her back. He did!! Caught up to her fast, and boxed her into the middle lane and dropped his speed to 70mhp and was just pissing her off to no end!! She broke free, took off, he bagged her again, and again, and again!!! This cat and mouse game went on for what must have been 15-20 miles. I finally saw her get off at Rte. 24 heading towards RI. and it didn't look like it was were she was heading, but she did anyways. John R. pulled into a rest area several miles down the road and I did as well to thank him. He is a rider to out of Boston.  A 22 yr old young man - seems to be a damn fine kid, that just got bullchit when he saw that BEAUCHHHH pull that crap. Took a pic of him between his car and my bike but sorry John I hit the wrong button. After some talk between us and thank yous from me and cell # swap- we parted.  I will stop into your families store in the North end on Hanover St. John.  Should you check here, Thanks again for covering a bikers backside little brother!!!!!
I'll be looking for you on the road.
Mark
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:11:06 PM by MYCVO »
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Not all cages are bad
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 06:16:05 PM »

Double checked the whole memory and found the pic. Here's John R.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 06:19:13 PM »

Here's a pic of a rider I bumped into on the way to Neal's house, while I was putting on my chaps. Harold and his dog. Sorry forgot the dogs name, but the dog has about 8k miles as a passenger.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 10:07:10 PM »

Cool story!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  The dog thing is amazing!!  Don't think my Greyhound would fit though....he could run along beside though.   ;)

It's good to know there are some people out there like this young man.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 10:09:28 PM »

I bet that Kid's Dad rides a Harley! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 10:16:50 PM »

Cool story!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  The dog thing is amazing!!  Don't think my Greyhound would fit though....he could run along beside though.   ;)

It's good to know there are some people out there like this young man.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Yup the dog surprised me, at first glance I thought I was looking at a seat pad, and then the head popped up.. no straps, harness, nothing just the dog sitting in the seat. I tried to grab my phone and snap one off rolling down the highway at 85mhp, Dog just sitting there taking in the air and loving life!

John did a great job as for getting back at that dumbazz, may have taken it just a tab bit to long but she got the message- no doubt!!!

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 10:21:18 PM »

I bet that Kid's Dad rides a Harley! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Later--HUBBARD

Don't know if he does, but John rides a rocket with his crew and has run into this a lot lately. He said that seeing it from his vantage point just pissed him to no end.
I tell you I had more laughs during the cat and mouse chase than I've had in sometime Carl!! He did play it perfectly the whole way!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 10:55:43 PM »

MYCVO...the dog just riding back there with no harness?  Man, that's amazing!!  Cool dog...he should get it a Harley t-shirt and some shades   8-)

Unrelated tidbit you might find interesting...at 29 Dreams today, a dude had a Norton 750 Commando!!! Had the silver (looks almost chrome, might be) tank, kinda like an old Ducati, the seat with the hard break before going up on the fender, low bars....man, I haven't seen one of those in 35 years (probably more), it seems.  Sharp bike..would have liked to have heard her run, but he was enjoying his brewski, so I didn't ask.  Once upon a time, I had a Matchless...does anybody remember those?  Same lines as Triumph/BSA/Norton...geez, it's been so long, but seems like I remember the damn thing having the shifter on the right and brakes on the left...Have I killed too many brain cells, or am I remembering right?  Sorry to get off the subject....

TTS Mastertune

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 11:05:06 PM »

MYCVO...the dog just riding back there with no harness?  Man, that's amazing!!  Cool dog...he should get it a Harley t-shirt and some shades   8-)

Unrelated tidbit you might find interesting...at 29 Dreams today, a dude had a Norton 750 Commando!!! Had the silver (looks almost chrome, might be) tank, kinda like an old Ducati, the seat with the hard break before going up on the fender, low bars....man, I haven't seen one of those in 35 years (probably more), it seems.  Sharp bike..would have liked to have heard her run, but he was enjoying his brewski, so I didn't ask.  Once upon a time, [highlight]I had a Matchless...does anybody remember those?  Same lines as Triumph/BSA/Norton...geez, it's been so long, but seems like I remember the damn thing having the shifter on the right and brakes on the left...Have I killed too many brain cells, or am I remembering right?  Sorry to get off the subject....
[/highlight]

I remember those to bro, and no you haven't fried all the cell up there yet! they were opposite, I still have one sitting in my garage and have road right shift for years.. Hate to tell you how many times that I still have to think about my foot actions when a fast acting situation comes up!!
I've ridden a Commando for a short time in the 70's.. damn nice bike. Can't say I miss the English rides to much though, I'd NEVER GO BACK!!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 01:04:27 AM »

Good to know I've still got a few cells left that remember Chit...yea, back then ALL bikes leaked oil, had finicky electrical systems (especially the British bikes)...just generally a pain in the A$$, but when they ran, it was some more kind of fun!!  Rode a "new" Triumph Speedmaster the other day...nice ride, but a long way from a Harley.  A lot of kids are hot for the "new" Bonnevilles because they are "retro" looking. Good, inexpensive starter bike though at $7500, and you can get some bling for 'em now.

TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 07:42:05 AM »

............................................Unrelated tidbit you might find interesting...at 29 Dreams today, a dude had a [highlight]Norton 750 Commando[/highlight]!!! Had the silver (looks almost chrome, might be) tank, kinda like an old Ducati, the seat with the hard break before going up on the fender, low bars....man, I haven't seen one of those in 35 years (probably more), it seems.  Sharp bike..would have liked to have heard her run, but he was enjoying his brewski, so I didn't ask.  Once upon a time, I had a [highlight]Matchless[/highlight]...does anybody remember those?  Same lines as [highlight]Triumph/BSA/Norton[/highlight]...geez, it's been so long, but seems like I remember the damn thing having the shifter on the right and brakes on the left...Have I killed too many brain cells, or am I remembering right?  Sorry to get off the subject....
Oh man - you really brought back some fond memories with that one.  Back in the late sixties, while all the other kids were dreaming about the hot math teacher, I was dreaming of owning a Triumph Daytona or Bonneville (the Commando was added to the list later).  Unfortunately, by the time I got out of school and started earning decent money, the British bikes were pretty much gone.  Used to hang out at the local shop and just fantasize for hours.  And your right, the shifter was on the right.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 08:57:49 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 22 queries.