Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2011 Transmission Problems???  (Read 3186 times)

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 2011 Transmission Problems???
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 01:45:23 AM »

Anyone have a problem with their shifter feeling like mush on a downshift? It almost fealt like it was slipping past a gear change and I'd have to shift again. Just didn't feel right is all and thought it might just be me. I can find neutral if I pre plan the shift to neutral while rolling but otherwise I leave it in gear. Then before I start up I will shift to neutral by hand. Pretty much the same way it was 20 yrs ago but shifting is a bit better.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
Re: 2011 Transmission Problems???
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 12:18:18 PM »

The tranny on my '08 was ridiculous from the beginning . To start with, 1st was entirely to high geared . Neutral was hard to find, shifts were mushy and it all clunked & whined worse than any of my old Harley trans of yore. Not being able to locate an aftermarket replacement gear-set, such as the Andrews I have run in my older H-Ds, I tried my first Baker product, a new DD-7, and I must say they really do live up to the hype, Baker builds a fine transmission (the kind one would expect to be stock in a new CVO !!! ).

Like I told the factory customer service rep that called to survey my overall satisfaction with my new CVO purchase, "H-D should offer new rolling chassis without engine & trans, if they did I would have already purchased another new one, but since they don't, I do not foresee another new purchase in my future" !  (since that time I have experienced chassis issues which have caused me to rethink the purchase of a new H-D rolling chassis as well !)

Sure would be nice to have a brand new H-D Bagger rolling chassis set up for an Evo that I could put an S&S engine and Baker trans in !!! Life would be good.....just thinking aloud !

:soapbox:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.