Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rekluse Auto Clutch  (Read 1212 times)

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
Rekluse Auto Clutch
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »

Following an operation on my left wrist this spring, (OK - no jokes...it was an old injury from an enduro racing accident in the '70's) I was left with a very weak clutch hand.  I first installed an extended tranny arm to reduce pull.  This helped some, but when caught in traffic, it was still too stiff.  We had an Rekluse Auto Clutch (they have since discontinued selling it and are into dirtbikes) laying around the shop that was originally purchased for a Dynaglide but was never used.

Install on an '08 FLHX went pretty smooth.  Some additional milling to the newer style clutch lever was required to install the lever return spring.  Other than that and the milling of the clutch basket standoffs that are a normal part of the installation kit, it went very smooth.  Clutch works great.  You'd swear that the clutch is not connected to the lever and it can be used in auto mode or you can use the lever.  In auto mode, it starts to kick in just off idle and is fully locked up at 1500 RPM or so. 

TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
Re: Rekluse Auto Clutch
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »

I have been running them in the dirt for years, it's like cheating if you ask me!! The Rekluse Pro has almost no pull to the clutch lever and still actuates the clutch, probably works great for you...

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.