Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: My FLHXSE2 Problems  (Read 22474 times)

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
Re: My FLHXSE2 Problems
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 10:59:55 AM »

Thanks guys. Looks like these are the bars to go with.
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »

An update.

A 4th head unit went in today. I also replaced the cruise control switch twice and today the Throttle Sensor Assembly.

I know there is more but ish......

Am I the only one or is everyone else just fixing and not saying anything. :nixweiss:

You are not the only one. At 8,000 km I had new crank, rods, pistons, rings, and lifters. At 9000km a new clutch master cylinder.

Recently at 17,000km new rocker gaskets due to leakage.

A couple weeks ago at 20,000km I was replacing the plugs before a trip and the rear cylinder threads came out with the plug. I believe due to the heat from the engine the plugs would have been a problem no matter who would have removed them. This was on a Wednesday and departure date was on the Saturday following. The dealer was able to fit the repair in and charged me $800.00 for removing the head and putting an insert in. Says he will try to get warranty for me. We'll see !

Also one of the exhaust studs broke when the tech was dismantling everything and that was covered under warranty.

As you can see I am living the nightmare with you. Could it be a Canadian thing ? LOL.
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 06:00:51 AM »

You are not the only one. At 8,000 km I had new crank, rods, pistons, rings, and lifters. At 9000km a new clutch master cylinder.

Recently at 17,000km new rocker gaskets due to leakage.

A couple weeks ago at 20,000km I was replacing the plugs before a trip and the rear cylinder threads came out with the plug. I believe due to the heat from the engine the plugs would have been a problem no matter who would have removed them. This was on a Wednesday and departure date was on the Saturday following. The dealer was able to fit the repair in and charged me $800.00 for removing the head and putting an insert in. Says he will try to get warranty for me. We'll see !

Also one of the exhaust studs broke when the tech was dismantling everything and that was covered under warranty.

As you can see I am living the nightmare with you. Could it be a Canadian thing ? LOL.

Humm....looks like all the good bike are coming north...lol.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 08:14:13 PM »

I'm baaaack..... :(

On my way to Montreal I felt the motor cutting out but I kept going. Once I arrived at the hotel I went to park and turned all the way to the left turned the throttle and lifted my leg but the bike did not move. Was able to get my leg down in time. Notice the check engine light came on. Turned the handle bars straight and the throttle worked. Ish...anyway I was able to ride her back to Toronto by giving gas and pulling in the clutch every time I turned left. Got to the dealer on Tuesday and the mechanic said he has never seen this before. At the same time they said my started motor sounded like it was grinding. Bike is still there. Updates to come.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2014, 09:46:21 PM »

:smilie_daumenneg:

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2014, 11:55:51 PM »

:zwtf:
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 05:24:52 PM »

I'm baaaack..... :(

On my way to Montreal I felt the motor cutting out but I kept going. Once I arrived at the hotel I went to park and turned all the way to the left turned the throttle and lifted my leg but the bike did not move. Was able to get my leg down in time. Notice the check engine light came on. Turned the handle bars straight and the throttle worked. Ish...anyway I was able to ride her back to Toronto by giving gas and pulling in the clutch every time I turned left. Got to the dealer on Tuesday and the mechanic said he has never seen this before. At the same time they said my started motor sounded like it was grinding. Bike is still there. Updates to come.

Well they found a kinked wire in the in the harness by the frame where the steering turns. This is the second time I have had a kinked wire in that location. Oil pressure switch is no good. It was making the oil gauge dance like crazy when riding for more than 2 hours. Started motor will also need to be replaced and so will the compensator. The compensator is on back order and I will be lucky if I get my scoot back anytime soon. There are another 7 bikes in front of me waiting for the same part as they are on back order. That will be 2 nice weekends without my ride. :(

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2014, 07:13:12 PM »

:'( Good thing you have other bikes Manolis. 
Really Sorry to see you having these problems. :(

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 09:39:23 AM »

IF makes you feel any better, I have a friend that normally rides an old beat up 48 Panhead and his GF bought him a new Victory hoping he could just ride and not wrench all the time as he is now 65. He got 2100 miles and the motor blew up. Couldn't find anyone to work on it while out on the road. Finally found someone and Victory had no new motors so they are completely rebuilding his. So you see others are having issues as well. Hope yours is resolved soon.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »

:'( Good thing you have other bikes Manolis. 
Really Sorry to see you having these problems. :(

Thanks buddy...problem is I really love riding this bike. I think I just got a bad one. Anyway picking it up tomorrow and will have to take it back as the compensator and starter motor are both on back order.....ish.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »

Well got my scoot back and everything mentioned was replaced. Running good....for now....lol.

One thing I did find interesting is that I was told that if another wire breaks in the same location where 2 have already broken they will replace the whole wiring harness. Don't know if I really like that idea as who knows how much of the bike they would have to take apart. All I can say is thank you lord for extended warranty.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 08:53:38 PM »

Well got my scoot back and everything mentioned was replaced. Running good....for now....lol.

One thing I did find interesting is that I was told that if another wire breaks in the same location where 2 have already broken they will replace the whole wiring harness. Don't know if I really like that idea as who knows how much of the bike they would have to take apart. All I can say is thank you lord for extended warranty.
Bravo.....Glad it worked out Mano   :2vrolijk_21:

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »

good to hear they have you back on the road, wishing you many trouble free miles.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2014, 07:30:32 PM »

Bravo.....Glad it worked out Mano   :2vrolijk_21:

For now anyway..... :nixweiss:

Did 900 KM on the weekend and the oil gauge was dancing like crazy. They replaced the oil pressure switch and said it was bad....not....still doing it. Funny thing is it does it while riding for over an hour straight doing about 120 KM.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2014, 05:53:15 PM »

Head unit #5 went in on Saturday. They also found the iPod harness kinked under the faring. IPod is working as it should. :nixweiss:

A new harness was ordered to be replaced......ish.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.