Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Throttle Cable  (Read 969 times)

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Throttle Cable
« on: November 24, 2011, 12:57:08 PM »

07 Springer!
Any body had a throttle cable break on them.  On what looks like to have been my last ride of the year, (awaiting parts delivery) the bike had just been serviced (48,000km) the week before, I pulled into a gas station, started the bike up after refueling, let the clutch out and twisted the throttle grip but no engine revving, hmmm whats up, took a bigger handful of grip and off we went (It was a cold day +5c) and didnt think any more of it. Stopped off on a mountain pass to take a photo, and again needed a good twist of the grip to get the gas flowing........one of the 2 throttle cable had broken from the top end. I have never had this happen on any other bike.
I ordered both cables, of course on 1 is available........................

Next Year!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Throttle Cable
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »

It happens.  Have dealt with broken cables a few times over the years.  Including on machines old enough to have not had idle cables.  That was always fun....

Throttle cable on the red bike broke just this past summer.  Did it while on a road.  Fortunate combination of minimal traffic, fortuitous road availability, a little engine lugging and the cruise reset switch got me back to within abour a mile and a half from home.

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.