Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A.A.A.D.D.  (Read 633 times)

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
A.A.A.D.D.
« on: July 02, 2006, 05:39:58 PM »

RECENTLY, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:
I decided to water my garden.  As I turned on the hose in the driveway, I looked over at my car and decided my car needed washing.

As I started toward the garage, I noticed that there  was mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.  I decided to go through the mail before I washed the car.

I laid my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and noticed that the can is full.  So I decided to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first. But then I thought, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I took my check book off the table, and saw that there was only 1 check left.  My extra checks were in my desk in the study, so I went inside the house to my desk where I found a can of coke that I had been drinking.

I went to look for my checks, but first I needed to  push the coke aside so that I didn't accidentally knock it over.  I saw that the coke was getting warm, and I decided I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I headed toward the kitchen with the coke, a vase of flowers on the counter caught my eye -- they needed to be watered. I set the coke down on the counter, and I discovered my reading glasses that I'd been searching for all morning.

Then I decided I'd better put them back on my desk,  but first I'd water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, filled a container with water and suddenly I spotted the TV remote.  Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realized that tonight when we go to watch TV, I would be looking for the remote, but I wouldn't remember that it's on the table, so I decided to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'd water the flowers.

I poured some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spilled on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the table, got some towels and wiped up the spill, then, I headed down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

----the car isn't washed,

----the bills aren't paid,

----there is a warm can of coke sitting on the counter,

----the flowers don't have enough water,

----there is still only 1 check in my checkbook,

----I can't find the remote,

----I can't find my glasses,

----and I don't remember what in the world I did with the car keys!

Then, when I tried to figure out why nothing got done today, I was really baffled, because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to  get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favor, will you?  Forward this message to  everyone you know, because I don't remember to whom it has been sent.

Don't laugh-- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!!

Growing older is mandatory.

Growing up is optional.

Laughing at yourself is therapeutic.

P.S. I just walked outside and SOMEONE LEFT THE WATER RUNNING IN THE
DRIVEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.