Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 110" torque specs  (Read 3284 times)

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
110" torque specs
« on: July 20, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »

Why would the Road king and UC show 115lbs at 3000, and the Dyna and Springer show 105lbs ?

lucky1

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 110" torque specs
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 01:15:09 PM »

"B"engine is less with the two counter balance shaft and chain assemblies.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 07:33:20 PM »

The "B" has something to do with it but I think it's more the pipes than anything else!

Those big chambers on the R/K and U/C produce torque as opposed to the smaller mufflers on the other two!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Go back and look at the sales brochure history, the dressers have always shown more torque.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 07:36:32 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 08:33:52 PM »

....Those big chambers on the R/K and U/C produce torque as opposed to the smaller mufflers on the other two!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]....
I've been told that they were able to start the CVO's up at dealer show and they had a nice sound to them. Not the usual choked down sound that a new Harley has w/stock pipes. Could this mean they've found a way to meet EPA requirements, have pipes more free flowing, and give us the sound (ever so slightly) we all want our bikes to sound like. Can't wait until my deaf ears can hear them to decide if it's the real deal. :)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 08:48:16 PM »

The "B" has something to do with it but [highlight]I think it's more the pipes than anything else[/highlight]!

Those big chambers on the R/K and U/C produce torque as opposed to the smaller mufflers on the other two!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[highlight]Go back and look at the sales brochure history, the dressers have always shown more torque[/highlight].

Right on the money!  The exhaust system plays a big part in the torque peak and curve, and the bikes with the "shorty duals" have always had less torque than the baggers for that reason.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 09:39:06 PM »

I've been told that they were able to start the CVO's up at dealer show and they had a nice sound to them. Not the usual choked down sound that a new Harley has w/stock pipes. Could this mean they've found a way to meet EPA requirements, have pipes more free flowing, and give us the sound (ever so slightly) we all want our bikes to sound like. Can't wait until my deaf ears can hear them to decide if it's the real deal. :)

The specs say they have air/fuel sensors in the pipes now, I gather that can contribute to a cleaner burn and hence cleaner emissions even with more free flowing pipes.  Even the ne SE pipes they show for the 07's have the AF ports.

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 10:31:02 PM »

O2 sensors in the pipes is like having an gas anaylazier in your pipes when you are tuning your tech-lusion, power-commander, etc.

Just like modern cars - the ECM is constantly sampling the exhaust gas and adjusting the motor cycle on the fly.

It's the future (just a long time coming for HD)...  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 10:39:42 PM »

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

I have an FLHTCUSE2 on order which should be here hopefully by the first or second week in August. I was talking to my dealer just today about muffler upgrades. He said the same thing you said, that the '07 bikes have a pretty good sound with the stock muffler ( he said they sounded just like the screamin-eagle slip-ons to him) He told me to wait and listen to the new bike and ride it before dumping $$$ into new pipes, stage I A/C, retuning/dyno etc. He said that the stock 110 setup will probably be just as good as the 103 w/ above mentioned add-ons. I guess I'll have to wait and see!
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 11:17:39 PM »

O2 sensors in the pipes is like having an gas anaylazier in your pipes when you are tuning your tech-lusion, power-commander, etc.

Just like modern cars - the ECM is constantly sampling the exhaust gas and adjusting the motor cycle on the fly.

It's the future (just a long time coming for HD)...  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
The type of closed-loop (O2 sensors) system H-D is using, as well as the auto folks, is aimed directly at emission control and not high performance.  However, a side benefit to us is the improvement in driveability that precise mixture control can bring to the show.  Many of the low speed driveability issues on Harley's were directly caused by the MoCo using excessively lean settings in their ECM's (and their carbs) to make sure they met emissions regulations after the wide production variations in component parts (sensors, TB's, injectors, etc.) got factored in.  That was the same thing that caused your carbureted car to start and run like chit during the early years of emission control. Now they can set the A/F where it should be and not have to throw in a fudge factor to cover their butts.  Closed-loop EFI systems are the main reason you can fire up your car and drive off without stalling, stumbling, etc., and hopefully we will see the same results from Harley.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

txbear55

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 11:46:52 PM »

Hey Ace (Mr Big)   Break 'er in fast cause I'm comin' your way for the "Battle of the Big Bores"  Loser buys the next tank of gas!

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 11:55:39 PM »

Hey Ace (Mr Big)   Break 'er in fast cause I'm comin' your way for the "Battle of the Big Bores"  Loser buys the next tank of gas!
hey bear, that might not be a bad name for the new 110---"Big Boar" as in  big hog!

Mr.Big

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 11:56:56 PM »

By the way Bear, glad to see you are now a junior member, I'm still a newbie.

txbear55

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 12:22:20 AM »

Slowly but surely....I'm more of a lurker than a poster.  8-)

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 02:36:14 PM »

"B"engine is less with the two counter balance shaft and chain assemblies.
I may be mistaken, but doesn't the dyna have the regular (unbalanced) twin cam w/ rubber mounts like the touring models while the softails have the B motor with counter balancers and rigid mounted motor. If so then the torque discrepancies couldnt be blamed on the "B" vs non-B motor. I would have to think it would be in the tuning at the factory and possibly having something to do w/ the exhaust as someone else mentioned since MoCo figures touring models are heavier and need more torque than lighter softails and dynas.

LT

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »

Regarding the exhaust note on the '07s, yes, the factory and the Screamin' Eagle slip-ons produce a much better sound than they did in the past (I don't recall having the CVO's outside, but they did have a Softail, Dyna & FL outside to listen to the differences).  The MoCo was able to increase exhaust sound because they reduced overall engine noise (auto primary chain tensioner, new cam tensioners, etc).  And yes, the FL's with S/E slip-ons sound and perform much better than the Dyna's or Softails due, in part, to the larger volume of the exhaust.  So, before I spend big bucks on a snappy new exhaust system, I'd probably wait to hear just how well my new CVO sounded from the factory.

Another note:  For those of you buying FLHTCUSE2's, you'll note that only this model comes with the sealed air cleaner (intake ports in the black plastic have been enlarged), whereas the other three have the Stage 1 air cleaner installed from the factory.  According to the engineers, this is due to increased resonance introduced by the fairings (batwing & lowers) on the bagger.  So, to give the bikes a better exhaust sound, they had to lose a couple dB's someplace else.

Finally, here are the anticipated production numbers for 2007 (this probably belongs somewhere else):

FLHTCUSE2:  4100
FLHRSE3: 3500
FXSTSSE: 2500
FXDSE: 2400

LT
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.