Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Race Tuner / Dyno Tuner Question  (Read 1111 times)

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
Race Tuner / Dyno Tuner Question
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:37:16 PM »

Does your dealer give you your custom map after you have had it dyno tuned?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:36:47 PM by h2oski »

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
Re: Race Tuner / Dyno Tuner Question
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:18:16 AM »

You can save yourself a lot of trouble and time by having it dyno tuned by a tuner familiar with the race tuner.
  Kind of sounds like the guy at your dealer is maybe not so skilled with the race tuner?
  It's really amazing how many dealerships have "dyno tuners" that really don't have a clue.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:23:13 AM by mobe »
MObe

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 09:05:15 AM »

The value for the injection is 4.35.

I no longer have a map for the 251, but arbitrarily changing the VE Tables by 2. or 2.5 is really not a good thing.    What you do is set the bike to the value you want it to be in A/F Advanced then you go back in an begin your tune by adjusting for the cylinder your working on.   This is why it takes a long time to do this if it is done correctly.   Putting in a base map is great to get you around, but when i see 14.9 in a 80 percent table I go crazy because at 80 percent throttle with whatever the VE is I am expecting the bike to be heading towards 13.4-13.6 to 1 not the alleged 14.9 to one.   If this were even close to accurate than your VE Tables are way off.

Hope this helps some if not send me an email or a pm and i can explain it much better.

Also if you need a map to get around on I am pretty sure I have something that will not be LEAN for you.

Also your revlimiter doesnt need to be higher than 6200 your torque dropped off on the map at about 4900 - 5300 give or take.   Displacement should be 1690 or 103.x    If the motor is a 103 which is what i am presuming and you went .005 over you should be slightly hgher than 103.

I have seen even with the 103 that Matt with HDMaps playes with maps by changing the way injectors fire byh lowering the 4.35 to say 4.22 in maps I have not really messed with that as the maps I have all had flat fuel curves and ran well.  

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

firegabe

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 05:14:40 PM »

I got my bike tuned on the dyno for the sert.  I asked him to take it easy, since I only had 450 exact miles on the new bike when I dropped it off.  

I am verry happy! with the results, no more popping it feels great, i can't wait for the motor to loosen up!  now at 500 miles I've been shifting at 4k. rpm. still have not hit 4,100 rpm but wow what a ride!!

As soon as I can get a scanner I'll post the dyno run.

gabe
I still can't believe I bought it!!!!

VegasFatSE

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 06:47:45 PM »

I went with the Daytona Twin Tec  Twin Scan 88 w/WEGO II. It works off an O2 sensor in your exhaust. It gives you table that matches the tables(VE,A/R) tables in the SERT program. I followed there direction and took a few hours but I got the VE and A/R tables set. Now I just need to figure a good way to set the timing tables. I have left it alone. I started with a base MAP from the SERT and went from there. So far my bike runs great, gets 43 MPG(mixed city/hwy, 80MPH cruise), and the bare chrome pipes are just starting to yellow with 1500 miles since upgrading.  ;) all with no dealer, only help from the CVO forums!!
RB Racing 2-1 Propipe, S&S 570's,SERT,TwinScan+

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.