Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: Billy Lane hits a rider with his pick-up.  (Read 24535 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Billy Lane hits a rider with his pick-up.
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2006, 09:42:43 AM »

Seems to me that the lawyer should find out what tires the truck was equipped with.
You can't drive a truck without tires, and you can't crash a truck you can't drive. Definitely!, the tires contributed to this tradgedy - sue Goodyear. ...And sue Firestone, too - they may make a tire model that would fit on that truck.
Holy Cow! was Billy Lane wearing a BELT??? Who made the belt? You can't go out drinking if you can't hold your pants up!
Mom always said I was argumentative enough to be a lawyer, but really... when is enough enough?

Never get out of the driveway without fuel either...........what about the truck company that delivered it to the dealer, oops what about the dealer that handed it over, it could go on and on I guess.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2006, 10:56:04 AM »

Lets not forget the bar/establishment where he was served his final intoxicating beverage, they will ultimately be named in a suite too. [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2006, 11:11:19 AM »

And the Hanes company also as obviously, somewhere along the way, his shorts were way too tight.

RedFXR2

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

This just in:  Lane charged with three felonies.  He's in a lot more trouble here than he ever dreamed of in NC.  Scheduled court date is October 27.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061018/BREAKINGNEWS/61018027

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2006, 12:42:48 PM »

I've stayed out of this discussion, but if an auto manufacturer furnished a known drug/alcohol abuser with a vehicle for advertising or promotional purposes (all it takes is a simple background check for DUI/arrest records), they SHOULD be held accountable.  BL's irresponsible act of self-indulgence cost a man his life, just as surely as if he had put a gun to this guy's head and pulled the trigger.  His "weapon" of choice just happened to be a big chunk of steel and a legal drug which acted as the gunpowder. He made a conscious choice on some level. While it is true that a certain percentage of the population have a chemical dependent personality, and in fact may be born with a predisposition for drug abuse (and make no mistake that alcohol is a drug, no different, and in many ways much worse, than ANY OTHER drug), most people, including myself, have "abused" alcohol at one time or another and do not meet any reasonably set criteria for "Alcoholism".  The difference is that most of us have sense enough, or more importantly, CARE enough about the potential consequences of our actions or irresponsibility, to NOT get behind the wheel of a vehicle, much less drive recklessly intentionally.  I have absolutely NO sympathy for BL, and hope he does hard time for many, many years, is totally wiped out financially, and all other consequences possible due to his actions, though he will probably be able to wiggle out...his wiggling out has probably happened most of his life, which is what led to this unfortunate incident.

There is a small percentage of people who fit the criteria of the "Disease" as defined by the AMA, but would any sympathy be shown to this man if he was an abuser of Heroin and had gotten behind the wheel of a car/truck? This would be a different discussion if that were the case, I'm sure. His CHOICE of drugs just happens to be one condoned by society and not condemned.  In the end, each person, regardless of history, makes a CHOICE to drink/not drink, shoot up/not shoot up, snort/not snort, smoke/not smoke.  On some level, it is still a choice, and each individual who abuses drugs makes that choice every day they wake up.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2006, 01:26:29 PM »

Let's hope Florida has not jumped on the tort reform band wagon that many states have adopted.  If they did it will be dificult if not legally impossible for the next of kin to be fairly compensated for their loss.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

RedFXR2

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2006, 02:29:52 PM »

This just in:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:17:37 PM by RedFXR2 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2006, 12:40:43 PM »

The media article about Lane's charges is back, but not quite in the same form.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2006, 01:21:12 PM »

I've stayed out of this discussion, but if an auto manufacturer furnished a known drug/alcohol abuser with a vehicle for advertising or promotional purposes (all it takes is a simple background check for DUI/arrest records), they SHOULD be held accountable.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2006, 05:41:39 PM »

I've stayed out of this discussion, but if an auto manufacturer furnished a known drug/alcohol abuser with a vehicle for advertising or promotional purposes (all it takes is a simple background check for DUI/arrest records), they SHOULD be held accountable.
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

RedFXR2

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

I don't see how anybody in the motorcycle world can not be outraged by the latest development.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2006, 08:22:22 PM »

Hey, RedFXR,
  No matter what he pleads, or his scum-bag Lawyer pleads for him, he's done.  You didn't think he would plead guilty, or no-contest, did you?  I think BL has a conscience, and it's probably eatin' his lunch, everyday.  The sad thing is, it may be botherin' him cause he got caught, not for killing GM.  If that's the case, he's a sorry lot, indeed.  That said, he don't want to go to jail.  He'll do, or say anything, to try and weasel out of this jam he's in.  Who knows, with these panty-wasted judges, and lunatics that get called for jury duty, anything could happen.  Justice is blind in the courtroom, right?  Look at OJ.  >:( Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

RedFXR2

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2006, 08:43:38 PM »

You didn't think he would plead guilty, or no-contest, did you?

No, but it still gripes me.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 08:54:47 PM by RedFXR2 »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2006, 09:20:41 PM »

I guess there's about as much chance of Lane standing up and saying "I have messed up big time and now stand ready to accept punishment and make retribution, your Honor" as there is of Otis telling everybody what he's really got in his Road Glide. ;D

Now that's right! ;D ;D
S&S gear drives and S&S cams is what I was told.
Maybe Redshifts would have helped [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
If the truth was told! ;)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2006, 06:08:40 PM »

No, but it still gripes me.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 22 queries.