Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: crossbones seat on 08 cvo springer.  (Read 4018 times)

IWannaChop

crossbones seat on 08 cvo springer.
« on: March 16, 2013, 10:46:49 PM »

I have searched and found spring seat setups on the 08 Springer right here on this sight, but not the Crossbones seat. I like the crossbones seat, and I don't like the thin little spring seats I have seen setup here.

I see no reason why the setup from the crossbones, with it's 200 rear tire, should not work on the 08 CVO with it's 200 rear tire'd frame.
 I can't see why it would not work, but I have found nobody who has actually done it. If there's anyone here who can tell me, for certain, yes or no, that it will or won't work, I would appreciate it. Pictures or links to the pictures would be great too.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: crossbones seat on 08 cvo springer.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »

I know that the H-D catalog says "except" FXSTSSE2 models but I have done exactly what you are talking about. I bought a deluxe spring solo seat taken off of a crossbones and installed it on my 08 springer. I don't have any pix to show you because I've since changed it out to a LePera bare bones.  I had no trouble putting the crossbone seat on my bike. Pretty straight forward installation and it looked great.  My only problem was it set higher than the stock seat or the LePera seat and I'm kinda short legged.  Have you already bought the seat for yours?  If not I'd let mine go for what I paid plus shipping.  I gave $175 off of fleabay and it looks like new with mounting bracket kit included.  If you are interested let me know and I could text you some pix.
Jesus is Lord

IWannaChop

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 12:24:35 PM »

VERY interested. I would love some pics of it installed, and a pic or two of what you are selling laid out. (off the bike) Will most likely buy it right now.

IWannaChop

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 02:56:45 AM »

Big thanks to dlaws01;

I got the crossbones seat installed last night. It went right on with no problems, and looks great.   One problem though. My bike has the Harley forward control extension that puts the controls about two inches further forward than stock. With the new seat on, my legs are too short. I have all the original stuff to put the controls back to stock, and so I think I am going to have to keep the Crossbones seat in a box for now until I get the forward controls moved back. I will probably install the heel stirrup setup as well. Next I want to put apehangers on that are about two inches higher than the Crossbones bars. If anyone here knows part numbers for the bars and cables etc, I would greatly appreciate getting them from you.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 09:58:35 AM »

Big thanks to dlaws01;

I got the crossbones seat installed last night. It went right on with no problems, and looks great.   One problem though. My bike has the Harley forward control extension that puts the controls about two inches further forward than stock. With the new seat on, my legs are too short. I have all the original stuff to put the controls back to stock, and so I think I am going to have to keep the Crossbones seat in a box for now until I get the forward controls moved back. I will probably install the heel stirrup setup as well. Next I want to put apehangers on that are about two inches higher than the Crossbones bars. If anyone here knows part numbers for the bars and cables etc, I would greatly appreciate getting them from you.
Show us some photos before you put the seat away!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 01:46:03 AM »

Big thanks to dlaws01;

the Harley forward control extension that puts the controls about two inches further forward than stock.

Can you post the part number of these extension-kit please
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.