Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '07 SERK SLIP ONS ONLY  (Read 1027 times)

CPRKING

• FLHRSEI.ORG
'07 SERK SLIP ONS ONLY
« on: September 23, 2006, 01:07:19 PM »

Need some expert advice.  When after market products catch up with the 07's I will be putting true duals, thundermax or race tuner and upgrade air filter .. keeping engine stock.  My problem, I can't stand the sound of the stock pipes.  I had a set of Wild Pigs, new condition, that I installed.  I pulled the plugs and set them aside .. put a new set of plugs in.  After 60 miles of varied driving conditions I pulled the plugs and compared them with the plugs I had originally pulled out.  I had 1000 miles on the bike at this time.  The plugs with 60 miles running with the Wild Pigs actually looked better than the original plugs with stock pipes.  Slightly brown hughe.  Stock pipes plugs appeared to me to be definitely more lean looking.  I know the bike is still running too lean and I was shocked to see the plugs with the Wild Pigs show a less lean appearance.  No engine lights came on and no codes were displayed when I rant the diagnostic.  Do you feel I can safely run the Wild Pigs for another couple months until everything is available to do it right?  Appreciate everyone's help and advice.  Thanks, Bud (CPRKING)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: '07 SERK SLIP ONS ONLY
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 02:03:47 PM »

Bud....that's one of the strangest things I've heard of.  Would have bet money that it would have gone from lean to dangerous lean.  The plugs tell a big story.  If you are not encountering any excess heat (noticeably) at idle I would run it another couple of hundred miles and check the plugs again.  Barring any performance issues, I wouldn't worry about it if all remains the same.  Just my opinion, but still scratching my head.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 02:28:59 PM »

Bud,

I also find your results to be somewhat peculiar, but it may have something to do with the small number of miles on your test.  I would have expected to see very little if any difference on a plug check, due to the closed-loop system, as long as the test conditions were the same for both sets of mufflers.  Under normal riding conditions, I don't see the mufflers causing any major problems as long as you stick with the stock intake.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CPRKING

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 04:02:13 PM »

I really appreciate your thoughts.  I'll follow your advice and check plugs after a couple hundred miles and watch for heat around the head pipe.  I asked two other people to look at the plugs to make sure I was reading them correctly.  Both agreed .. the ones with the Wild Pigs seemed to be running richer.  Thanks again, Bud

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 21 queries.