Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Check your air cleaner assy- Now!!  (Read 1808 times)

kobi04sed

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Check your air cleaner assy- Now!!
« on: September 24, 2006, 05:24:49 PM »

C-deuce04 recently posted a note about his air filter not fitting properly. Well I checked nine today and I too have issues. Seems the plastic back plate warps and the lower portion of the air filter does not fit flush and up tight, allowing dust/dirt past the filter. I took the chrome cover off and looked at the lower edge of the filter and could see it was not up against the backing plate. It was away about 1/16" or more. I put a bend in the filter assy plate to compensate for the warpage to get it tight all the way around... Guess I will update to a HD or Ness assy. What a piece of s**T!!! I still have warranty, maybe I will bitch a bit and see what HD does...Check yours if you stilll have the stock filter assy.. Kurt

C-DEUCE04

• Junior CVO Member
  • Yella Fella
Re: Check your air cleaner assy- Now!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 07:47:38 PM »

Kurt, thanks for the kudos.

Just an FYI - I had sent the info over to K&N explaining the situation with the 'suspect' black plastic swept air cleaner back so for future, they should have it in their database. Not much comfort in knowing we've all been riding around for "x" amount of miles with unfiltered air but at least, we know now!

I'd be curious as to what your stealer says. I didn't even think of going that route since I was upgrading anyway but heck, maybe they'll toss in the "complimentary" discount for the SE plate.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

doubledeuce3

• sweet baby
Re: Check your air cleaner assy- Now!!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 03:08:31 PM »

i visually check mine monthly , clean , re oil and replace!

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.