Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: I really love what Harley Davidson did with the 2014 CVO Limited!  (Read 34613 times)

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
Re: I really love what Harley Davidson did with the 2014 CVO Limited!
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2013, 02:20:33 PM »

I had a good laugh yesterday, when I called around to see which dealer had a CVO Limited on the floor.  A salesman at one of the dealers said he only had one coming, in Oct., and I would need to give him 5K deposit now if I wanted him to hold it for me! :D

I really love my 2012 CVO and plan to keep it a long time.  It runs great and handles very well, with the exception of the spongy front end, which I plan to upgrade soon.  On the other hand if I wasn't so satisfied with my current bike I would jump on a CVO Limited because it has so many upgrades.  Not crazy about the vented fairing but you can chrome it, go carbon fiber, or paint it to blend in.
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

HDultraDad

• Full CVO Member
  • '12 CVO SE Ultra

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2013, 03:15:50 PM »

I had a good laugh yesterday, when I called around to see which dealer had a CVO Limited on the floor.  A salesman at one of the dealers said he only had one coming, in Oct., and I would need to give him 5K deposit now if I wanted him to hold it for me! :D

I really love my 2012 CVO and plan to keep it a long time. 

:vrolijk_6: I'm on that bandwagon!
SE Race Tuner,
CFR's,
Blacked out Day Maker LED's,
A couple of other upgrades,
What else is needed on a CVO?  Just knees in the breeze!

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2013, 07:04:14 AM »

Harley Davidson needed to do something about their business model, I read an article a couple years ago about how Harley Davidson makes more money on Tee shirts and coffee mugs than on selling motorcycles, I thought back then, they need to change their bikes if they want to be more competitive.
Most Harley riders are of the older generation, most of the younger riders choose a different brand, there could be the argument of Harley's are more expensive, but younger buyers will look at Harley Davidson hasn't changed their models or their technical aspect to building their product, others have!
IMHO, I believe Harley Davidson, is looking for future buyers and technology that attract the younger consumer.
I also think, more changes are on the way in the future with Harley Davidson.
This is a radical change for Harley Davidson, just look at all the post in here to prove they have interest in their new product.
Anyone notice these radical changes came after a certain member of the family retired?
Just sayin!!!!!

HDultraDad

• Full CVO Member
  • '12 CVO SE Ultra

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2013, 10:49:26 AM »

Harley Davidson needed to do something about their business model, I read an article a couple years ago about how Harley Davidson makes more money on Tee shirts and coffee mugs than on selling motorcycles, I thought back then, they need to change their bikes if they want to be more competitive.
Most Harley riders are of the older generation, most of the younger riders choose a different brand, there could be the argument of Harley's are more expensive, but younger buyers will look at Harley Davidson hasn't changed their models or their technical aspect to building their product, others have!
IMHO, I believe Harley Davidson, is looking for future buyers and technology that attract the younger consumer.
I also think, more changes are on the way in the future with Harley Davidson.
This is a radical change for Harley Davidson, just look at all the post in here to prove they have interest in their new product.
Anyone notice these radical changes came after a certain member of the family retired?

Just sayin!!!!!

I agree on changes and tech needing to be added, but I disagree with it due to trying to get younger riders to buy H-D bikes.  Young riders probably do not have the money or credit to purchase H-D bikes.  Victory and now Indian brand bikes are filling the price gap.  I do think as with the auto industry that when a good idea takes hold, other car companies try to integrate it into their own line. In MoCo's case they have changed controls and infotainment.  However, they are and will have problems with the wet heads. 

The wet heads only come on when temp calls for it. Delta T is 20 to 30 degrees.  Unless I am stuck in traffic, that feature is useless.  They cannot fully integrate water cooling because we will lose the Harley look and sound.

So for me it comes down to this: if I want a bike and I am on anything but a H-d how will it feel pulling up to a stop light next to Harley's?  Vice versa,  when on my CVO and I pull up to a bunch of metric bikes...priceless.
SE Race Tuner,
CFR's,
Blacked out Day Maker LED's,
A couple of other upgrades,
What else is needed on a CVO?  Just knees in the breeze!

Vincent

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2013, 10:55:32 AM »

I don't believe the retirement of Willy G had anything to do with this huge list of updates and improvements,
it's more likely the company has finally realized that they have to compete with Polaris or lose out on sales.
Victory and more importantly the new Indian will make a difference.
Customers will vote with their feet when they see what those brands are offering for less money than we pay.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »

I just wished that their motorcycles were as reliable as a coffee mug.   :-\
Jesus is Lord

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »

:vrolijk_6: I'm on that bandwagon!

It's a good wagon to be on! :2vrolijk_21:
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2013, 01:08:11 PM »

It's good to see the leadership in Moco stepping it up technology wise which will lead to better reliability.  Personally, in 35 years of owning Harley's I've never had any major problems and never had a break down.  Despite my personal experiences, "consumer's reports" supports your sentiments regarding reliability.

The bikes have been getting better every year, beginning with the new frames in 2009, and this year was a giant leap in saftey, performance, & convenience.  As long as Moco does not cheapen up on the bikes as I have seen in recent years (including crucial parts as bearing, etc.), Moco will maintain it's dominance in the cruiser market.

Moco gets an 'A' from me this year on the 2014 CVO Limited, for all the great improvements and still keeping that Harley appeal!

Good point Dlaws01! :2vrolijk_

Not the CVO but good illustration here:

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »

My bad, on reporting the amp under the tour pack, it's in the fairing under the infotainment center.  Just arrived at Eaglesnest HD & confirmed with the sales mgr.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »

:cherry:

I have several H-D logo coffee mugs, and NONE of them have EVER leaked ONE DROP of coffee!

Full disclosure: I have spilled a bit... now and then... especially when there is Kahlua or Tia Maria or Baileys in it...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2013, 08:43:09 PM »

I only see 4 gauges on the dash and no information on the HD web site.
Bill

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2013, 08:47:58 PM »

I only see 4 gauges on the dash and no information on the HD web site.

Info from the other now lost gauges (and a bit of other data) display through the face of the radio.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2013, 08:49:55 PM »

Oil temp would be nice..
Bill

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »

Oil temp would be nice..

There is supposed to be an "engine temp" report as part of the data display.

oe542bob

• Full CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7(traded)
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE(traded)
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE(traded) ‘19 FLHXSE(traded) ‘21 FLHXSE
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »

Hey, Kingspoke, you're saying you can confirm that the amp is not under the tour pack! Now that would make the tour pack much easier to be detachable. I know from the limited pics I saw, I couldn't see the amp mounted under the tour pack. But wasn't sure with the angles I saw. That makes a '14 much more interesting along with some of the other changes. 
My bad, on reporting the amp under the tour pack, it's in the fairing under the infotainment center.  Just arrived at Eaglesnest HD & confirmed with the sales mgr.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.