Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Should i be worried ?  (Read 2510 times)

cooterbrown

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob CVO
Should i be worried ?
« on: October 12, 2013, 09:13:08 AM »

Brought my bike 530 miles home from San Francisco last Sunday and parked in the garage - moved the bike yesterday and saw a spot of coolant the size of a quarter under the jaw that says twin cooled - took it to the dealer they claim it needs a thermostat and it will be in on Tuesday - drove back home from dealer (75 mile round trip) parked the bike a checked this morning no leaks no coolant. what do you suppose this was ? overflow - also, the cooling sound it used to make when shutting down stopped noticed the volt meter reads real high close to the read line anyone else experience this ? Thanks, Cooter

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: Should i be worried ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 01:43:05 PM »

Ride it.  Did your dealer schedule you for the thermostat replacement when they get one in?  If so, I would continue to ride until then or it has a BIG leak.
Jesus is Lord

cooterbrown

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 03:22:44 PM »

yea it's coming in tomorrow - I think they are guessing at the repair - rode the bike over the weekend going to bring it in for leak and 1k service

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 03:43:56 PM »

Brought my bike 530 miles home from San Francisco last Sunday and parked in the garage - moved the bike yesterday and saw a spot of coolant the size of a quarter under the jaw that says twin cooled - took it to the dealer they claim it needs a thermostat and it will be in on Tuesday - drove back home from dealer (75 mile round trip) parked the bike a checked this morning no leaks no coolant. what do you suppose this was ? overflow - also, the cooling sound it used to make when shutting down stopped noticed the volt meter reads real high close to the read line anyone else experience this ? Thanks, Cooter

The cooling fans should run after engine shutdown until coolant temperature reaches 203 °F (95 °C), or three minutes, whichever occurs first.  If they are not doing so, I'd not ride your bike any great distance.  And be sure to point this out to your Service Manager...

See the attached MOCO bulletin TT430 regarding your bikes coolant system...  Depending on your confidence with your service department, you may want to print the bulletin and bring it with you to your dealership...   :2vrolijk_21:

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

cooterbrown

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 05:50:10 PM »

good call - I will make sure they get a copy - thanks for the info

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.