Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infotainment navigation  (Read 2061 times)

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
Infotainment navigation
« on: March 18, 2014, 01:58:39 AM »

Not sure if this is the right category or if anyone has addressed this yet. What is used to create custom maps for the navigation system? Can you use basecamp or is it only the HD Ride planner?

FLHTCUSE7

Re: Infotainment navigation
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 08:40:09 AM »

Subscribed.

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »

I've tried twice to load maps from previous rides done in mapsource from Garmin, saved as .gpx, just for grins I nuked the waypoints to below 9 of em cause i'd read that it doesn't like nine or more.  The route loaded fine and in the garage looked like all was well...HOWEVER on the route EVERY single side street that we came to she said turn right 100ft, turn left 200 ft blah blah blah.  The first one I loaded the route was way out in the boonies, same thing, and after the first stop she wanted to do the route reverse,  "in 100 hundred yards do a U-turn, over and over, I tried everything  I knew to recalculate but to no avail.  Both trips just turned the darned thing off and followed my Buds.  Have yet to try the HD Planner.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 12:14:53 AM »

I've tried twice to load maps from previous rides done in mapsource from Garmin, saved as .gpx, just for grins I nuked the waypoints to below 9 of em cause i'd read that it doesn't like nine or more.  The route loaded fine and in the garage looked like all was well...HOWEVER on the route EVERY single side street that we came to she said turn right 100ft, turn left 200 ft blah blah blah.  The first one I loaded the route was way out in the boonies, same thing, and after the first stop she wanted to do the route reverse,  "in 100 hundred yards do a U-turn, over and over, I tried everything  I knew to recalculate but to no avail.  Both trips just turned the darned thing off and followed my Buds.  Have yet to try the HD Planner.

I think that only happens with the blue ones.........good thing I got red ;)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 09:51:07 AM »

Mrs R says you have to expand the map to see that it is keeping you on the main road as you plan your route. This has happened to us before with our 550 so maybe this will help.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 09:07:20 PM »

I'm curious if your nav unit was trying to start from the beginning of the route instead of your current position. I've done that before with my 660.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 03:23:03 PM »

Mrs R says you have to expand the map to see that it is keeping you on the main road as you plan your route. This has happened to us before with our 550 so maybe this will help.
Last nite I opened the route with mapsource and zoomed in, I followed the entire 80 mile route and it was flawless.  I 've had issues like this on the zumo but that was loading someone else's route on the sd card.   :nixweiss:
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 03:26:17 PM »

I'm curious if your nav unit was trying to start from the beginning of the route instead of your current position. I've done that before with my 660.
Thought that also, but twice shut the thing down and restarted it with the same results.  Gonna try the HD planner and also try to route on the unit to see if results are different.

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 07:28:07 PM »

like Scotty said the more complicated they make things the easier they are to screw up
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.