Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Infotainment issues  (Read 8669 times)

metfancowboy

Infotainment issues
« on: May 24, 2014, 12:10:26 AM »

First problem is either my amp or radio is cutting in and out. Secondly when I turn the ignition on, it can never remember my last audio setting. For instance I always listen to my ipod only, but when I start the bike I always end up listening to FM. It used to always jump to weather band even though my alerts were off, now it jumps to FM????

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Infotainment issues
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 08:43:34 AM »

First thing to do is to make sure your system has the latest software updates installed.  Harley is now like your computer and phone companies; always having to provide updates to fix the stuff they didn't take the time to get right the first time.  You can actually download the updates from the Harley website and install them yourself if you want, or you can have your dealership do it for you.

Jerry

http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/owners/infotainment/software-downloads.html
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 08:35:27 PM »

interestingly enough this past weekend my radio lost most of its presets...everything after #3 became WB1, 2 or 3...never saw anything like this before...anybody else?
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 09:29:40 PM »

I have never seen this.  I read early on that some of the systems had issues but those were resolved. I would make sure you have the latest software and then if it still happens take it to the dealer. It could be a ground issue or the unit itself has a loose connection. I have hit some big holes, road in the rain, road in 20 degree weather and some 90+ weather and my display has been flawless so far! 

metfancowboy

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »

It seems like if you are really pumping out the music,like 3/4 it sounds like it clips. On top of everything else, I'm back to the WB when I turn it on. I forgot to mention yes I have done the latest update.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 08:09:51 AM »

Bought my bike last October, so it was one of the early versions. Infotainment has worked perfect until the last four days on a trip. Started doing the same thing you described. Plus, my mike quit working and was getting lots of static. Taking it back ot the dealer soon to check it out.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 12:04:12 PM »

my front left speaker stoped working

mike-little

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »

How do I set the FAV button to my music on my iPhone? It seems the only thing that buitton is good for is setting to the tuner.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 03:42:29 PM »

interestingly enough this past weekend my radio lost most of its presets...everything after #3 became WB1, 2 or 3...never saw anything like this before...anybody else?

Yes! If I go to Fav all I get is wb 1 2 3 . I need to relabel this least fav. >:( I had it go to WB with out ever touching the controls yesterday. I am going in for my 1k service and will have this fixed.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »

When I read all the posts about the new infotainment system the first thing that pops into my mind is the "Not Ready for Prime Time" players.  This is getting to be ridiculous.  Every new item Harley puts on their bikes (new to them, not to the rest of the industry) makes it to the consumer with multitudes of issues, most of which would have shown up immediately if the MoCo actually did any testing of the finished products before they dumped them onto the dealers and customers.  Obviously it doesn't embarrass them at all when we talk about having to be uncompensated beta testers for them. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DCC

• Junior CVO Member
    • IA

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTKSE3 Stardust Silver Canyon Copper
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHTKSE Phantom Blue Palladium Silver
    • CVO3: 2023 FLTKXSE Dark Platinum
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 07:38:07 PM »

I've been thinking hard about a new CVO Limited, but for 40K, the radio better work or I ain't biting.  Enuf said.
DCC - 2023 FLTKXSE, 2016 FLHTKSE, 2008 FLHX,

dankwiz

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »

i have same issue with fav button  takes you to tuner only seems like it should take you to same place as favorites that are set within the home screen

Stringer

• Sir Lurksalot

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 - Traded in
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 08:12:36 PM »

My FAV button works fine.  Just to verify that it is set correctly - tune the stereo to your favorite station/channel (tuner or SiriusXM) or playlist/genre/etc. (iPod or other device) and then press and hold the FAV button for a few seconds.  The screen will change and the heading will say something like Select Favorite or Favorite Selection or something like that, with a list of options below.  The top option should be the station/channel/playlist/etc. that you're currently listening to.  Press that top option on the screen or with the selection button on the right handlebar and your FAV button should be set. 

2014 FLHTKSE

dankwiz

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 12:06:59 AM »

thanks  ok i did that but it always switches to that one single selection   is that right ?

Stringer

• Sir Lurksalot

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 - Traded in
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 01:21:33 PM »

thanks  ok i did that but it always switches to that one single selection   is that right ?

Yes, that's correct.  The software 'Fav' button on the home screen gives you a list of 6 presets and the hardware 'FAV' button on the face of the radio takes you directly to the one favorite that you configure it to.

2014 FLHTKSE
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.