Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 2014 bars??  (Read 7683 times)

ole bill

• Fullsac baffles, 7" Freedom windshield

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO
Re: 2014 bars??
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 11:47:19 AM »

Thanks, dealer told me since they have it apart for replacing the scratched front legs (warranty work) that they would only charge me 1 to 1 1/2 hr labor. I think that is fair. Thanks again for your help.
IBA #58709
HOG Senior Road Captain

waynel

• Hippie
  • Full CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2014 Electra Glide Limited
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 07:39:34 PM »

My 578's came in Friday. My local dealer says you must change hydraulic lines to longer ones to avoid lines that would be to short on 10 inch apes, and to avoid kinking which would cause possible brake failure. Also wiring extensions. They want to charge me 6 hours labor for the job and 300 for the parts. Looking at the posts on this site it looks as though they are trying to rip me off. Does this sound right?

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »

My 578's came in Friday. My local dealer says you must change hydraulic lines to longer ones to avoid lines that would be to short on 10 inch apes, and to avoid kinking which would cause possible brake failure. Also wiring extensions. They want to charge me 6 hours labor for the job and 300 for the parts. Looking at the posts on this site it looks as though they are trying to rip me off. Does this sound right?

Absolutely not, the hydraulic lines DO NOT have to be changed, take it somewhere else to have it done.
Wiring, it can be done but it's much easier to do the job with the short wiring extensions.

Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.