Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Maxima Products  (Read 648 times)

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
Maxima Products
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:52:44 AM »

Sorry to post this again, I was searching on the site for any information regarding Maxima products/full synthetic oil, the reason is that one of the shops starts to sell only Maxima products and the prices are much cheaper than HD products

They offer:
V-Twin engine oil 20w50 full synthetic $13 per liter
Trans oil 75w90 or 70w90 $ 11 per liter
Lubrication oil 10w40 $ 8 per liter

Dealer sells the SE full synthetic $ 30 per liter

There is no other option in Bahrain, either to buy HD product or Maxima.

I would like to know is Maxima products are within the required specification and is it ok to shift from HD oil to Maxima, also for the trans shall I go for 75w90 or 70w90?

Thanks and sorry again 

Sarhan

A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Maxima Products
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 06:59:36 AM »

Does the bottle have the API 'donut'? It will tell you about the oil.....SN has been on the market for 3 or 4 years now and is the only oil recommended for newer vehicles. Syn-3 does not have the API rating......who knows what you are getting.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
Re: Maxima Products
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:29:37 AM »

Maxima oils are excellent oils.  The V Twin oil is a Ester Based Synthetic Oil. Their oils exceed all the HD Specs.
Maxima would the better choice for the price than the HD brand oil if those are your only options.  IMO
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.