Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: I must be insane  (Read 4637 times)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
I must be insane
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:22:48 PM »

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a very slightly used 2014 cvo limited.
It has 20 months left on the warranty and I am looking at $34.5.
My 09 looks like new has the RP EMS Woods TW7h's and runs strong. 
I want the wet head/cooler running motor, stereo/gps, vented fairing to save scrambling my brain (it must be too late)
I'm going to miss my power vs the stock motor.
Talk me out of it or into it.
Good deal or bad?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:52:50 PM by guppytrash »

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: I must be insane
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:29:53 PM »

If you want it, get it. You'll end up spending some $$$$$$ making it yours once you get your hands on it.
How many miles does this slightly used scoot have?
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »

You already made up your mind IMO. Enjoy your new scoot. If i were you i would just do exhaust and tune and ride the new bike.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:41:24 PM »

I've got myself convinced that I'm only willing to trade my current bike, for exactly the "one bike" because I can somewhat hold my money together on the trade, otherwise no trades. If you find the "one" and can afford it by all means trade. Otherwise, it'd be hard to pry the bennies outta my pocket to just trade.
Supershooter

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 09:49:38 PM »

Right at 2000miles.
I swore this was my last 110.
Was thinking S&S 124 in my current cvo but I think I would still be wishing for all the new improvements.
Mainly stereo and new fairing, but also like the new one handed bags as they seem more solid.
The other option I considered was BMW r1200gs adventure.

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 09:56:54 PM »

The BMW is a great machine just a totally different direction than the CVO Cruiser style, if you are adding a horse to the stable or if your only gonna have one steed would weight heavy on this decision.
Supershooter

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 10:15:37 PM »

Geez 2000 miles...it's new!!!

You'll make the right call, I just can't justify giving HD anymore $$$$$$ at the moment/anytime soon/ever.  :coolblue:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 10:50:19 PM »

i had an 09 cvo ultra traded it in for a 12 cvo street glide .  the 14 cvo limited omg  nicer

2008 rocker c, 2003 fatboy, 2015 rgu

Doniwin

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 XL1200 Custom
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 10:40:25 PM »

The rushmore project is a game changer. The 2014 cvo limited is beyond any expectations I had about a Harley Davidson motorcycle. I have ridden many harleys and all kinds of bikes, this by far is the best riding street machine. I have 1,400 miles on mine and the more I ride the more of a rush it is to ride. Can't wait for our first long tour in a couple of weeks. Many places to go and see in total comfort with plenty of power to get there. I highly recommend this bike to anyone who can afford to own it. Lets face it this motorcycle is a substantial investment for most of us and the longer you own it the less it's worth. But for me the value is in the pleasure in riding it. It's just plain fun. Getter done, and get one!

Don, from the Space Coast of Florida.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »

There may be another one this winter that grabs my wallet, but for now I passed on this one.

You'll make the right call, I just can't justify giving HD anymore $$$$$$ at the moment/anytime soon/ever.  :coolblue:

This is part of it for me too!

I know they made major improvements in wind flow/fairing, twin cooled is a plus, the built in nav infotainment looks like it would be awesome.

It's just all the stuff I know they haven't fixed that would require an extended warranty or money out of pocket that makes me question do I really want these headaches.

I would be so pissed if the infotainment/radio crapped out. (mine has 3 times) 
Are the compensators going to last 15k before needing replaced. (I'm on my third) 
Heated grips fixed twice, seat replaced once, lifter failed, (caught it by noise and mpg's dropping riding home from sturgis)
Most of these were covered by factory warranty or extended warranty that I bought after I almost grenaded my engine with the failed lifter. (I was out of factory warranty so that would have been out of my pocket had I not caught it myself, or listened to either of the HD mechanics I had test ride it, who said "just ride it! they all make that noise!".
Without being up to speed from CVOHARLEY and all who had been there before me with the lifter failures I would have been on my own to replace my entire engine.

This is a true love hate relationship for me with HD.

Personally I think HD should have enough confidence in their product to put a 5 year factory warranty on it!  I know you can buy the extended warranty thru HD, but we all know it's a
third party.  I mean what does that say about their confidence, they don't want anything to do with your warranty after 2 years!!

Sorry I didn't start this thread to rant.

I passed on this one, but will probably still keep looking at the same machines.

I am the definition of insane. :huepfenlol2:

Thanks for all your replies!!

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 05:47:23 PM »

I added a GS to the stable this year. Love it. I still ride the CVO and like it but love riding the GS.

Maybe you should keep your current HD and add a GS  :2vrolijk_21:

Right at 2000miles.
I swore this was my last 110.
Was thinking S&S 124 in my current cvo but I think I would still be wishing for all the new improvements.
Mainly stereo and new fairing, but also like the new one handed bags as they seem more solid.
The other option I considered was BMW r1200gs adventure.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 05:51:11 PM »

There may be another one this winter that grabs my wallet, but for now I passed on this one.
This is part of it for me too!

I know they made major improvements in wind flow/fairing, twin cooled is a plus, the built in nav infotainment looks like it would be awesome.

It's just all the stuff I know they haven't fixed that would require an extended warranty or money out of pocket that makes me question do I really want these headaches.

I would be so pissed if the infotainment/radio crapped out. (mine has 3 times) 
Are the compensators going to last 15k before needing replaced. (I'm on my third) 
Heated grips fixed twice, seat replaced once, lifter failed, (caught it by noise and mpg's dropping riding home from sturgis)
Most of these were covered by factory warranty or extended warranty that I bought after I almost grenaded my engine with the failed lifter. (I was out of factory warranty so that would have been out of my pocket had I not caught it myself, or listened to either of the HD mechanics I had test ride it, who said "just ride it! they all make that noise!".
Without being up to speed from CVOHARLEY and all who had been there before me with the lifter failures I would have been on my own to replace my entire engine.

This is a true love hate relationship for me with HD.

Personally I think HD should have enough confidence in their product to put a 5 year factory warranty on it!  I know you can buy the extended warranty thru HD, but we all know it's a
third party.  I mean what does that say about their confidence, they don't want anything to do with your warranty after 2 years!!

Sorry I didn't start this thread to rant.

I passed on this one, but will probably still keep looking at the same machines.

I am the definition of insane. :huepfenlol2:

Thanks for all your replies!!

Man this scares the chit out of me. That's a lot of broken chit~!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 08:59:29 PM »

Man this scares the chit out of me. That's a lot of broken chit~!

It scared me enough to buy the extended warranty.  Something I never do.  Usually I don't have problems with
stuff like this and I am very capable of fixing most things myself.
To be fair and ease your worries the seat was an "09 bad design thing" that would tear.  The 09 original compensator was also junk from the "get go" so that explains one of the compensators. 
But, yea man, the rest just kind of sucks, and is not unique to me.
I know they have a redesign to dump oil on the compensator now, so that might make it last longer.  Every lifter failure I know of was the one closest to the rear cylinder which "JMO" was from the excessive heat these things put out.  Which I hope the water cooled heads might help.
The HK radio... I think I maybe just drew the short straw on.  My original HK right from the factory had a non working gps (the crappy one in the radio with CD's) so I don't know what to say about that.

I guess to look on the bright side of that, I now have a HK radio that Iron Cross fixed so I have confidence in that.
My lifters are S&S so I have confidence in them.
My compensator is new for now and if I have to replace it I can add the plastic funnel technology.

I don't think it's me.  My last 3 HD's were not CVO's but I honestly can only remember one failure of any kind and that
was just a voltage regulator on my 99 RK
The other thing that bugs me too.  Everybody has electronic suspension now days.  A hand air pump (not included)
for adjusting the suspension on a $40k bike!!!   !@#$#%$#%

One last, last thing :huepfenlol2:
Resale.  Holly batcrap Robin.  $40k (original price) for a bike that in 6 years is $18 trade or maybe $22-$23 sale buy owner
In the old days throwing big money at a CVO made sense if it held some value.
We aren't even talking about the "automatic" built in cost of making the factory bike rideable.  Tuner, exhaust, aircleaner.
I realize the new improvements hurt our bikes in a big way.  I just see me bitting the bullet on a used 14 or a new 15 and yep!!
You guessed it!  2016 will be the year of the 120 motor. :2vrolijk_21: 

srnoyes

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 09:59:56 AM »

When I saw all the electronics on the bike I opted for the extended warrenty and after reading some of these posts I am glad I did!
2014 CVO Limited - Present
2009 Road King Classic 2009-2014
1991 Yamaha Virago 1991-1993
1983 Yamaha Maxim 1983-1989

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »

When I saw all the electronics on the bike I opted for the extended warrenty and after reading some of these posts I am glad I did!

OMG man just looking at your post and noticed the Yamaha Virago, 09 FLHRC and Silver Orange 2014 CVO Limited. I have had the same bikes in the same progression. Super weird. Don't ya just love the new CVO I do?

srnoyes

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 07:00:17 PM »

I fell for it as soon as I walked through the dealer doors! We were on a poker run and the dealer was the second stop and when we walked in my wife ran for the bathroom but I stood there like a pole axed ox! The sun was shining on it and the angels were singing! We gave our poker sheets to another riders and we stayed for all the purchasing stuff. Closed the place. I am so glad that we did this bike after seeing the colors of the 2015's. I am not impressed at all!
2014 CVO Limited - Present
2009 Road King Classic 2009-2014
1991 Yamaha Virago 1991-1993
1983 Yamaha Maxim 1983-1989
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.