Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rumblins of another Clutch recall  (Read 6693 times)

Tractor Bubba

• Full CVO Member
  • Life's Short - Eat your dessert first!
    • GA

• CVO1: '19 FLHTK Ultra Limited - Silver Flux/Black Fuse
    • CVO2: '14 FLHRSE Road King - Tribal Orange/Galactic Black
Re: Rumblins of another Clutch recall
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 09:52:22 AM »

Had mine updated a couple weeks ago.  I first read about the recall here in the Forum...
...went to the H.D. Website and searched my VIN, and sure enough, my scoot was affected.
I (still) have not received a notice from the Motor Company (yet).

My bike's back in the shop now awaiting her 1k mile service.
I've always done my own maintenance on my previous scoots, but after reading all
the stories on the Forum about "issues" with 110's and CVO's in general, I thought
that maybe it wouldn't hurt to have the initial service and check performed by a dealer!

Ride safe.
Tractor Bubba
2019 FLFRTK
2014 FLHRSE6

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 10:52:55 AM »

Had mine updated a couple weeks ago.  I first read about the recall here in the Forum...
...went to the H.D. Website and searched my VIN, and sure enough, my scoot was affected.
I (still) have not received a notice from the Motor Company (yet).

My bike's back in the shop now awaiting her 1k mile service.
I've always done my own maintenance on my previous scoots, but after reading all
the stories on the Forum about "issues" with 110's and CVO's in general, I thought
that maybe it wouldn't hurt to have the initial service and check performed by a dealer
!

Ride safe.
Tractor Bubba

You can always hope Bubba, but I'd recommend you don't get your hopes up to high.  While there may be a few places that really do a detailed inspection of the bike, I think you'll find that in most places a 1000 mile service is in fact nothing more than a quick fluid and filter change, and perhaps resetting the rear belt tension.  Some throw in a wash.  Then they charge $300 to $500 for what amounts to an oil change.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 08:27:14 PM »

My recall came in the mail Friday and I got it done yesterday. Pulled in at 4:00, they took my bike in at ten after and it was back outside about 4:30 ... painless fix and free. I mentioned to the mechanic since my bike wasn't bought early in the year I thought I already had the updated seal. He said I did, but that one was also recalled as well. When I asked what the difference was between this latest and greatest version compared to the last one, he said this time they used urethane seals instead of rubber.

2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.