Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Down and the future is uncertain, now more predictable  (Read 26866 times)

Doniwin

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 XL1200 Custom
Re: Down and the future is uncertain
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 09:50:40 PM »

Praying for your full recovery.

Rev. Dr. Don

halfcirclej

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE 2011 Black Quartz
    • CVO2: FLHTCU 2008 WHITE GOLD PEARL
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 01:05:05 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your problems.  I am 72 an have back pain. I can turn head a certain way an right arm goes numb. Sometimes when laying on my back I loose feeling in right leg an right arm. My Daughter is a manual spine physical therapist. She doesn't do or recommend rough treatment as a chiropractor sometime practice. I have been putting off surgery for fear I might not be able to ride again. She gives me treatments when I can see her, but we are 3 hour drive away. My riding is therapy for my PTSD. Prayer for you an your problem.
I would be interested to know if you find a solution an hope you get well soon.
Mitch

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »

George I found your outcry close to my heart and my 3 surgeries a real pain in the butt but nobody fights the same demons the same way. But I do reconize the inflection in your voice and words. I can say that there is relief out there, sometimes it really takes a lot of work hounding the Dr's daily to get the right combination of Med's and therapy. And it's real easy to give up and just quit. But I would encourge you not to do that. God loves you and so do we. And I'm sure this is not how God would want this to end. Be strong, I will seek God's favor for you! If you are up in Greensboro give me a shout. God says where 2 or more are gathered in MY name..........

BigLew

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 09:53:33 AM »

You are developing a quality network of truly caring individuals.  You have people who are not afraid to show that they are believers in our Lord and pray to him on your behalf.  The last two post are signs of not being singled out and demonstrating a true sincerity for some relief.  You are not alone.  Saw a movie last week that was truly outstanding called "God's not Dead"  I would highly recommend this movie to anybody regardless of their beliefs.  I would really like to hear about anyone's thoughts once they see this movie, rented through Netflex but I'm sure it is available most places.   

Positive Thoughts

Ray G.

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 01:58:50 PM »

You are developing a quality network of truly caring individuals.  You have people who are not afraid to show that they are believers in our Lord and pray to him on your behalf.  The last two post are signs of not being singled out and demonstrating a true sincerity for some relief.  You are not alone.  Saw a movie last week that was truly outstanding called "God's not Dead"  I would highly recommend this movie to anybody regardless of their beliefs.  I would really like to hear about anyone's thoughts once they see this movie, rented through Netflex but I'm sure it is available most places.   

Positive Thoughts

Ray G.

Ray G. there is an army of believers here who are not afraid to display there faith & trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. love the movie, really has to make non believers think. but as to the concerns of our dear friend, we all need to lift him up & ask the Lord to be with him & the Drs, & treating personel. I know I met alarge group of prayer warriors in mv last week, so my confidence & faith is in that
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »

Hang in there, hope for a speedy recovery. Hate to see another 07 BLUE brother retire.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 11:02:01 AM »

Sorry to hear and I wish you the best for a full recovery. I hope your outcome is as good as Charlie's was. Check out "Amazing story" from Buy early in this same forum if you haven't already.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 09:02:44 PM »

George, I just lifted you and Judy up in prayer! I'm so sorry for your circumstances! I have a brother who has been biking for over 40 years and is dealing with pain in his spine and is on pain management through the VA. It is difficult to see someone you love so much go though the suffering he is going through! My heart goes out to you, Ray and anyone else in theses circumstances. Prayer is not the only thing we can do...it's the greatest thing we can do as believers!!! I encourage all believers to pray for you and encourage you to seek a higher power than the doctors! Love ya man, God bless ya buddy! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 11:07:48 AM »

JR is always there for everyone and his message is usually the same one.  He sends a message with his sincere prayers and wishes for a better tomorrow.  Every night when my head hits the pillow I start with my last prayer of the day and the first thing I ask is for is the Lord's guidance to help manage my time to include him in my life as I'm often guilty of not putting him first.  He sent an owner's manual I just need to read it more often and put what I read into practice.   George please keep us posted on any progress and reach out if you are in need of someone to talk to. 

A personal thanks to JR for being there for everyone in need.     

Vagabond6542

• Full CVO Member
  • Be responsible of yourself.

• CVO1: "2007"FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: "2004" 3500 Dodge Diesel Long bed DRW 4X4 HD "Laramie'
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

George I found your outcry close to my heart and my 3 surgeries a real pain in the butt but nobody fights the same demons the same way. But I do reconize the inflection in your voice and words. I can say that there is relief out there, sometimes it really takes a lot of work hounding the Dr's daily to get the right combination of Med's and therapy. And it's real easy to give up and just quit. But I would encourge you not to do that. God loves you and so do we. And I'm sure this is not how God would want this to end. Be strong, I will seek God's favor for you! If you are up in Greensboro give me a shout. God says where 2 or more are gathered in MY name..........

BigLew

Big Lew,
Greensboro? Please refresh my memory on location. South Carolina???
I'll be glad to visit when I feel comfortable to ride again. The 07 Jester (Vagabond) is itching to hit the road.
Ride Safe, my friend.
George (Vagabond 6542)
Expect the Unexpected
For FRIENDS are always welcomed, and ASSOCIATES are somewhat tolerated.  But all are equally rewarded with Karma...Good or Evil.

Vagabond6542

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 01:07:45 PM »

This is for all the well wishers and encouragers,
I'm humbled by your out pouring encouragement, I thank he Lord that there are people in this community of riders that care. It gives my heart the energy to slug it out.
On the good side, where the spine doctor missed on healing me, I have been referred to a Chiropractor that at first didn't impress me. After the second visit, first being a expensive consultation, the spine corrections relieved some of the nerve pressure and I gained some control and relief of the right leg. At least I don't fall to the ground when I expect support from it. Muscles need to be toned up from the lost muscle mass that occurred.

I have found another way to take my mindset off my dilemma. An old Hobby I use to do before become serious about life. Model building.   
Expect the Unexpected
For FRIENDS are always welcomed, and ASSOCIATES are somewhat tolerated.  But all are equally rewarded with Karma...Good or Evil.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 05:38:28 PM »

Outstanding news very glad you are feeling somewhat better. Spitfire? Really cool model! I spent many hours of my youth building models, mostly cars, some planes and a ship or two. I would still enjoy doing that.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Vagabond6542

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »

Outstanding news very glad you are feeling somewhat better. Spitfire? Really cool model! I spent many hours of my youth building models, mostly cars, some planes and a ship or two. I would still enjoy doing that.

1sharprdkg,

I'm glad to find a fellow model builder, The Spitfire and the P-51D Mustang are sometimes mistaken at first glance. But I'm not the one to re-steer one's belief.  This P-51D Mustang came with all the bells and whistles. Throttle, rudder, aileron, elevator, retractable landing gear, and 3 position flap. The rudder, elevator, aileron are dual rate controlled for flight and slow flying for landings.

I could go on for hours on models

More good news on my condition, the Chiropractor has me on a 14 visit program to alleviate the pressure against the nerves that are impinged.  I am already feeling some of the results as I type this post. All I got to say, healing  ;D  isn't a picnic. I have nerves complaining that I didn't know existed.  I appreciate all the prayers, they are being answered and I am grateful.

Ride safe everyone,
George (Vagabond6542)
Expect the Unexpected

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
Re: Down and the future is uncertain, now more predictable
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »

On our prayer list...  Hope for your full recovery...

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »

1sharprdkg,

I'm glad to find a fellow model builder, The Spitfire and the P-51D Mustang are sometimes mistaken at first glance. But I'm not the one to re-steer one's belief.  This P-51D Mustang came with all the bells and whistles. Throttle, rudder, aileron, elevator, retractable landing gear, and 3 position flap. The rudder, elevator, aileron are dual rate controlled for flight and slow flying for landings.

I could go on for hours on models

More good news on my condition, the Chiropractor has me on a 14 visit program to alleviate the pressure against the nerves that are impinged.  I am already feeling some of the results as I type this post. All I got to say, healing  ;D  isn't a picnic. I have nerves complaining that I didn't know existed.  I appreciate all the prayers, they are being answered and I am grateful.

Ride safe everyone,
George (Vagabond6542)
Hey George, Hmm ok Mustang, was not sure. I was not into the plane models all that much but I like that one. It looks pretty big. Nice job. Impinged nerves cause worst pain ever, had a wrist problem once. Glad the Chiropractor is helping, I have never been to one but most people get relief.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.