Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Almost pulled the trigger on a '15 CVO Limited.  (Read 14437 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: Almost pulled the trigger on a '15 CVO Limited.
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 12:40:12 PM »

I almost sent my congratulations
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »

I almost sent my congratulations

too funny   :huepfenlol2:
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 08:10:04 PM »

My buddy bought a 14 this past year and loves it. He's been riding an 06 since new and says the new models are far superior. He's a big guy and says it fits him perfectly.
He's put over 7k on the clock without a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 09:41:39 PM »

I hear ya on the brake pedal however I now have 3,000 + miles on the new ride and my foot is now accustom to the position and I no longer take my foot off the floorboard.

Enjoy savings some money!

;)

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 03:40:55 AM »

Wow ... I was surprised you weren't impressed with it. I don't think there is any (or much) difference from a '14 to a '15, but maybe I missed something. You have to remember I traded my Ducati in for this and I LOVE it ... it's like riding a big blue La-Z-Boy down the road. I'm 5'10" and mine fits like a glove and comfortable for hours even with the stock saddle. The reach for the rear brake doesn't seem awkward to me at all, but the Ducati was ... it was like fumbling for the rear brake on a dirt bike.
Suspension ... I can't lie, the Duc smoked this bike in that dept. When set to enduro (softest setting) it would take every sharp bump or ripple in stride like floating on a cloud. This one you do feel those a good bit, but you can't have everything with a HD that's close to 400 lbs. heavier.
Handling ... the Italians won that hands down too, but my big blue chair obviously wasn't built to be a corner carver. I sometimes forget what I'm on when getting froggy in the twisties, but that kickstand grinding into the asphalt always reminds me ... that's enough.
Comfort and goodies ... This is where Ducati can run away crying cause they don't stand a chance here. Both have heated grips, but the Duc ... no tunes & no c/c is a real bummer on those road trips. Big blue feels like sitting on a pillow while the Duc felt like a row of bricks. I'm old school and could care less about navigation ... would've been extra on the Duc if I wanted it, but included with the HD.
Maintenance ... both have their ups/downs. The Duc only had one hole for oil changes, but the kicker is every 15k miles it's about $1000 for valve lash check/adjustments unless you feel so inclined to rip the bike halfway apart to diy. Big blue also doesn't require periodic cleaning/lubing a chain so it's awesome to have a belt back again. I will have to rip off my nice, new Pro Pipe someday to check cam tensioner shoes, but that's a ways off yet and 4 months of winter is plenty of time to do it. I know I said it before, but I think this Big Blue La-Z-Boy really is a keeper.

Too bad that new one wasn't in the picture for you, but maybe some other time. Until then keep enjoying what you have ... newer isn't always better for some. Like mentioned above somewhere ... one of every kind in the stable would be great if all of us could swing it, but not me.

2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 10:56:21 AM »

I am very pleased with my 2014. I have gotten used to the seat or it is a bit more "broken in". The only issue for me was that overstuffed front past that crowded my balls. :D I was going to have it shaved but it seems pretty good now.

Seaweedman

• CVO1: 2014 Limited (jupiter blue)
    • CVO2: 1971 Police Special with sidecar
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 01:31:33 PM »

Dr. D; Sorry.... what was it you were going to have shaved?

waynel

• Hippie
  • Full CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2014 Electra Glide Limited
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2014, 03:37:13 PM »

Wow Dooinit2u, I just bought a 2014 limited and find it to be a much better product than my 2011.5 Ultra. I absolutely love the bike. Oh well to each his own. I see you live in Louisiana! What part? I live in Gonzales. :2vrolijk_21: Duuugh! Never mind just read Houma. Bought my 2011.5 at Mike Brunos.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:49:54 PM by waynel »

waynel

• Hippie
  • Full CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2014 Electra Glide Limited
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2014, 03:47:11 PM »

Rotorywing, Which Ohlins did you put on your bike. The air shocks are the only downfall I have with my 2014!

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 04:30:11 PM »

Dr. D; Sorry.... what was it you were going to have shaved?

Seat would be cheaper. Best riding Harley I have ever been on that is why I was so shocked the OP hated it. I goes we all ain't the same. :D

Seaweedman

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »

I agree that it is a great riding bike. Harley has done a fabulous job with the 14 Limited. At 5'9""ish I found it a little tall, so I shaved the seat, shorter front fork cartridges, and the adjustable rear shocks. Great ride.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 01:52:21 PM »

Paul, I don't think you will find anyone who owns one, say they don't like the bike!
I like some of the features, not all.The new info system is cool looking, but I still hear problems.  The biggest feature I'm not crazy about is that thing below the gas tank! I keep hoping they would really upgrade it, not necessarily bigger just BETTER!!!!

Tazman
The "TAZMUN"

Seaweedman

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »

The improvements to the gearing of the 2014 over the 2007 ultra make for a far more comfortable cruise at  between 100 kph and 120 kph (60mph - 70mph). (My old bike felt like it was lugging in sixth but revving a little high in fifth.)The 110 engine seems to be a well proven machine, and certainly has as much power as I would ever want. And it runs all day without issue. While I am reading that some have had problems with the new cooling system, it appears to be with only a handful of bikes. Which in the grand scheme of things seems pretty good (unless you happen to own one of the handful). So... for my money, rather than wait to see if there will be some drastic change to the machine sometime down the road.... now is a pretty good time to pull the trigger and be able to ride a fabulous bike now, instead of later. Great bike, great look and great performance.

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 03:24:01 PM »

New Owner.. 

So to shave the seat where do I take it to?  I think its a bit bulky up front.  I do agree that the backrest pushes a bit forward as well...

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »

There ain't no perfect nothin. :D

Actually a Harley must be the worst and most inferior bike made. The evidence is in the aftermarket goods that are applied. Must be chit if everything stock must be upgraded. :P In truth I believe the Harley crowd of riders are the most persnickety group on earth. No offense gents I'm one also.

I saw on another post that Jswerve said he would keep his new bike completely stock except pipe and tune, and to quote him bawahaha. Just funning mate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.