Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Reverse gear  (Read 5390 times)

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Reverse gear
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 10:18:17 PM »

As long I don't have to put any money out so far, at least I can get the measured numbers at the high end of the spec, and you are probably right, it may not get me anywhere.  If I can get them to replace the clutch everything will be new.

Once all this is done I will move to the oil, I have been reading how it does change the "feel".  And I did notice on start up it seem to work, so is the syn3 lite or heavy at start up?

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 11:10:46 PM »

I put in the reverse because I cannot more the bike back with it in gear and clutch pulled in, if the clutch worked properly, i probably would not have put in the new gear.

why didn't you just back up with the bike in neutral?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 06:19:40 PM »

Sorry, I made it simpler then what it really is.  I do have knee problems and I am trying to make sure I do not have any more issues then I already have.  For me, it is hard to move the bike back on any kind of incline.  If there was a garden hose I have to back over I could not do it. 

Thanks,
David

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »

I do have the Champion as Joe mentioned in his earlier post.  I put my mc in neutral, pull the lshift lever back and slowly let out on the clutch until I'm moving at the desired speed.  Once stopped, I pull the clutch lever in, push shift lever forward and release clutch lever because mc is in neutral.  I have never had grinding of the gears or difficulty putting it in reverse.  Hope this helps.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 08:50:22 PM »

I do have the Champion as Joe mentioned in his earlier post.  I put my mc in neutral, pull the lshift lever back and slowly let out on the clutch until I'm moving at the desired speed.  Once stopped, I pull the clutch lever in, push shift lever forward and release clutch lever because mc is in neutral.  I have never had grinding of the gears or difficulty putting it in reverse.  Hope this helps.
Judy I could not read this because it's in red and was just too fast!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Reverse gear update
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I had the master clutch cylinder replace by the dealer and it works much better now.  I now have a friction zone.  If I remember correctly it has always worked this way.   I still have my issue with the reverse gear, but now as bad  For the reverse gear I will work with the fluids and see if I can make a difference.

Thx,
David
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.