Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Price For Limited  (Read 5610 times)

on2wheels

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ
Price For Limited
« on: December 31, 2014, 05:34:47 PM »

Not asking to share what anyone may have paid but looking for an idea where to start on negotiating price.
I am interested in both a Limited and Roamaster and will be interested in seeing just what the HD dealer will sell the CVO Limited for.
Actually have some very good quotes for a Limited and have never paid anywhere near MSRP, even for my Harley's.  I know they still command over list at some dealers for the CVO but I want to see where they might go on price.
I am well informed on the bikes so only interested in any price advice or incentives to ask for. Thanks in advance.

waynel

• Hippie
  • Full CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2014 Electra Glide Limited
Re: Price For Limited
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 08:17:47 PM »

Not sure where you are from but Cajun Harley in Lafayette Louisiana sells theirs at M.S.R.P. all day long. Got mine at M.S.R.P. without all the add on's other dealerships charge you.

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »

I've bought two CVO Limiteds and I too paid MSRP at my dealer Bumpus Harley Davidson, Jackson Tn. Good people there!
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 04:29:27 PM »

Got a little off MSRP, but paid for the add on's. They get their money one way or the other. I suppose the dealerships that don't get many CVOs can charge more and they will get it. Had a couple dealers tell me CVOs are awarded to the dealerships based on their performance.

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 05:21:48 PM »

That is correct, they get a certain amount of CVO's depending of revenue / units sold.

Got a little off MSRP, but paid for the add on's. They get their money one way or the other. I suppose the dealerships that don't get many CVOs can charge more and they will get it. Had a couple dealers tell me CVOs are awarded to the dealerships based on their performance.

Afdharley

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 05:28:06 PM »

I'm new here, just got a CVORGU not sure if it's a fair price comparison but here's the deal I got.

They paid my 14 Limited off, I owed $2000 more than it appraised, did not roll it into the new bike. Then they gave me $1000 off. I did pay tax and set up but felt it was a fair deal.

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 06:02:15 PM »

If your happy with it that's all that matters. Sounds like you did ok.

DoubleD

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO 110 FL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHTSKE
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 08:31:10 PM »

MSPR here also in Minnesota at most dealers except the Stealer ones lmao
Vance&Hines Power Duels with Monster Ovals
Vance&Hines Fuel Pak
Wild One WO577

SOCAL296

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited Silver and Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Limited Magnetic Gry M8 117
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 08:38:34 PM »

I am in San Diego. I got the best deal you could possibly get in this area at Sweetwater Harley. I paid a little less than MSRP. No set-up fees and got them to pay for the 1K service.
You may get a dealer to come off MSRP but not by much. Good luck
DR

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 10:06:45 AM »

Justice was a bit less than MSRP but the 15's were just coming out...

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 01:18:19 PM »

MSRP at my NEW dealership.

metfancowboy

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 01:16:30 PM »

MSRP OTD,and not a penny more. If they want their bs fees,oh well they can discount the bike enough to pay for them then! Here we have a 4% tax too.

RAINEY

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• Apex Oil lab
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »

Paid MSRP for a 2015 CVO Limited. Dealer does not come off the MSRP but gives you a $2,000 gift card that can be used for anything from future service or extra add ons. I used most of it putting in Rinehart True Duals, power commander, tuning, let turn signals front and back.

I can't believe a $40,000 CVO with LED everywhere doesn't come with LED turn signals or nicer front brake rotors.

The dealer gets MSRP and the $2k is spent back in his shop for high margin items and labor. I still feel like it was a fair deal
2015 CVO Limited

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 09:54:15 AM »

I still feel like it was a fair deal

I'd say it was RAINEY. The dealer I bought my last bikes from wouldn't do much of anything to sweeten the deal...  :nixweiss:

on2wheels

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 10:11:39 AM »

Thanks to all. I must apologize to the last poster as I bought a non CVO Limited 2 days ago. I appreciate all who posted but I was finding the same thing, at least msrp and usually much more here in Tucson and somewhat in Phoenix. I appreciate what a nice and beautiful bike the CVO is but 40-45 grand was a bit too much for me out the door. Maybe in the future for my last touring bike as I am in my sixties now.

I did splurge and get substantial extras on the Limited like the heated Hammock, pipes, etc. They gave me a good price on the bike and a discount on parts and labor. The one thing I liked about the CVO was the undermount lights for the saddlebags and trunk and had those installed also. They are classy and unique to me.

I think the CVO paint is beautiful and of course can not come close to duplicating that but did get a special edition bike that is very unusual and I like that part of it a lot. I like being different. I had one before and maybe saw 2-3 in all my xcountry travels on it. I did maybe go overboard on the extras but wanted to treat myself and most of the items will be removed helping get some of the money back.

Looked hard at the Roadmaster and like it also but in the end I missed my Ultra and the fit and finish on the HD is hard to match. So here I am again.

The bike has a 5-6 week delivery date I am posting on another forum as HDTucson. I will be reading here also though.

RAINEY

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• Apex Oil lab
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 08:28:45 PM »

You will enjoy it just the same. Congrats!
2015 CVO Limited

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 01:44:36 PM »

I have done some research on this and believe dealers are making between 18-21 percent on these and all other bikes.

Have seen 4k off year end leftovers, like 2014's CVO Limited once the 2015 are out. 2k off regular models, and they are sitting there waiting on buyers. Dealers make plenty off but are not willing to deal usually on the CVO because they are the big money maker and only get a few a year. Don't need to discount as long as everyone willing to buy at MSRP. And any set up fees are pure extra profit.

Recently one dealer tried to add 1400 to a deal. Walked out on him. But next guy might be willing since only a few each year are available in the area.
Will
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.