Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Saddam is dead!  (Read 3975 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Saddam is dead!
« on: December 29, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »

Well Saddam is dead.....do you think we did him a favor since he is now surronded by all them virgins? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 10:50:56 PM by J.Rud »

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Saddam is dead!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 10:56:21 PM »

Nope we did the world a favor, the world just doesn't seem to realize it!!!

Jim

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 10:57:34 PM »

good fking riddance

Bagger

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 11:04:43 PM »

Well Saddam is dead.....do you think we did him a favor since he is now surronded by all them virgins? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Whatever.  He's dead, and that is a GOOD thing.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 12:58:23 AM »

He's dead?????   Didn't notice.  Same as I don't notice the pile of dog sh$t that leaves my house every morning from my boyz.  The world is a better place.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 02:08:05 AM »

That rat flith didn't deserve to live, my only concern in regards to him is that I hope he won't become a martyr.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

cigarmike

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 12:50:10 PM »

Saddam will be quite surprized to find out that their is actually an Allah that has Horns and a Tail.......and as far as the 70 virgins awaiting him....thats true too, but they have all been just released from an all mens prison. Have fun Saddam. Red hot pokers up your azz for all of eternity is way too light a sentence for you and Osama when we find his baby murdering butt.

Bagger

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 01:05:46 PM »

Saddam will be quite surprized to find out that their is actually an Allah that has Horns and a Tail.......[highlight]and as far as the 70 virgins awaiting him....thats true too[/highlight], but they have all been just released from an all mens prison. Have fun Saddam. Red hot pokers up your azz for all of eternity is way too light a sentence for you and Osama when we find his baby murdering butt.

Maybe there are sexually transmitted diseases in hell, and he'll get the gift that keeps on giving! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »

[smiley=banana.gif]
[smiley=worthless.gif]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 10:22:40 AM by dogols »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 04:58:49 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]

You want pictures.....I gots u stinkin pictures! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »

Or how about this one.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 05:00:47 PM »

Well this one help ya......Saddam
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 08:33:04 PM by J.Rud »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 05:11:45 PM »

[highlight]Warning: May not be suitable for all[/highlight]

There was a camera phone that was snuck into the assassination and you can go here to see the clip.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 05:25:02 PM »

Hebrew 9:27

27 And just as it is destined that each person dies only once and after that comes judgment. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 06:56:26 PM »

Maybe Trey and Matt were right and he is in hell with the devil [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 07:33:35 PM »

only time will tell if the world is a better place
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 07:47:35 PM »

only time will tell if the world is a better place

How very true Neil. I won't claim to say I am sorry the man has been executed. By the law or word of any religion, he had it coming to him. BUT, the longer things drag on over there, the more I am convinced that the only form of government that works in that part of the world is one which is totally ruthless in the pursuit of it's enemies and rules by fear and might. There is no forgiving the sins Sadaam commited against the Iraqui people and yet the utter chaos that reigns in that country at this time did not exist during his rule. Make of that what you will , I offer it only as an observation.

B B

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 07:56:01 PM »

Some more observations... news item on tonights news.. the total number of US military people killed in the Iraq conflict just topped 3,000. A terrible price to pay for meddling in a country's internal affairs.

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 09:08:07 PM »

I hate seeing this site turn political and 3,000 is a terrible price, but it is most certainly is not for meddling in a country's internal affairs.  Saddam held not only his country hostage but the entire region and at times the world.  The facts are that he did have and did use chemical weapons on both the Kurds and Iranians.  He refused to bow to the U.N. and the best intelligence we had at the time suggested that he still had weapons of mass distruction.  

As a retired member of our Armed Forces I would rather not have any of our troops in harms way.  However I was and those currently serving are committed to ensuring the safety and security of our country.  Although Saddam is gone leaving Iraq in its current state would only embolden other fanatical groups and countries or provide a safe haven for those who would continue to plan and carry out strikes against our country.

I don't claim to have all of the answers or a solution to what's going on in the mideast, but I do support our President when it comes to decisions he makes regarding our military and the safety of this country.  Lobbing cruise missles and threatening did not work for previous administrations and neither did pulling out when hit (see Lebanon and Somalia).  Although it pains me every time I watch the news and see new American casualties we need to finish what we started.

I hope and pray that the Presidents soon to be announced "new policy" will work and help speed up the outcome in Iraq so that our troups can be home with their families as we all are.

Sorry for the rant........

Jim

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 09:31:48 PM »

"[highlight]Saddam will be quite surprized to find out that their is actually an Allah that has Horns and a Tail.......and as far as the 70 virgins awaiting him....thats true too, but they have all been just released from an all mens prison. Have fun Saddam. Red hot pokers up your azz for all of eternity is way too light a sentence for you and Osama when we find his baby murdering butt. [/highlight]"

That covers it in great fashion Mike! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Took bad it wasn't completed back and in '91, and without the loss of 3,000 fine Americans.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 10:03:13 PM »

Jim,
       No need to be sorry for expressing yourself. I've said it before, as long as we meet folks through this site and make friends, we have to expect that the topics will run the range of issues, emotions and ideas. I've said this before recently, one thing that has happened in the past few months is that these threads that get political have not gotten personal as they used to with certain members hurling insults. These are very trying times we are living through and no one has all the answers to all the issues confronting us as people and as a nation. I may not agree with everything that is said on these threads, but I DO want to hear it. I want to know how my fellow Americans feel in the first person and not as some poll number on the evening news. So keep on doing what you did here and so long as you respect my opinion, I'll respect yours and maybe we can learn from each other. By the way, I notice you are new, so welcome to the site. Hope to meet you at one of our rallies somewhere, someday.

Big B
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 10:14:25 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 10:08:15 PM »

I hate seeing this site turn political and 3,000 is a terrible price, but it is most certainly is not for meddling in a country's internal affairs.  Saddam held not only his country hostage but the entire region and at times the world.  The facts are that he did have and did use chemical weapons on both the Kurds and Iranians.  He refused to bow to the U.N. and the best intelligence we had at the time suggested that he still had weapons of mass distruction.  

As a retired member of our Armed Forces I would rather not have any of our troops in harms way.  However I was and those currently serving are committed to ensuring the safety and security of our country.  Although Saddam is gone leaving Iraq in its current state would only embolden other fanatical groups and countries or provide a safe haven for those who would continue to plan and carry out strikes against our country.

I don't claim to have all of the answers or a solution to what's going on in the mideast, but I do support our President when it comes to decisions he makes regarding our military and the safety of this country.  Lobbing cruise missles and threatening did not work for previous administrations and neither did pulling out when hit (see Lebanon and Somalia).  Although it pains me every time I watch the news and see new American casualties we need to finish what we started.

I hope and pray that the Presidents soon to be announced "new policy" will work and help speed up the outcome in Iraq so that our troups can be home with their families as we all are.

Jim

Hey Jim, I can't say enough about the way you've expressed your position on this. It makes me so proud of all our young men and women, who I'm sure feel similar to you, believing whole-heartedly in defending our beloved freedom and beliefs. It's hard to imagine anyone not understanding how important it is to end these threats now, and what's at stake there! It's already way overdue, as you have so eloquently stated. I commend you for your courage in volunteering to stand up for what is so important to all of us. And I thank you and everyone else still fighting to keep us safe and free! Like you, I'd like nothing more than all of our troops to return safely, but we must finish what we started or things are sure to get worse. Bless you Jim and a Happy New Year to you and all our Troops. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 10:41:38 AM »

there you can see

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8155803760834451964

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 02:33:35 PM »

Jim,
       No need to be sorry for expressing yourself. I've said it before, as long as we meet folks through this site and make friends, we have to expect that the topics will run the range of issues, emotions and ideas. I've said this before recently, one thing that has happened in the past few months is that these threads that get political have not gotten personal as they used to with certain members hurling insults. These are very trying times we are living through and no one has all the answers to all the issues confronting us as people and as a nation. I may not agree with everything that is said on these threads, but I DO want to hear it. I want to know how my fellow Americans feel in the first person and not as some poll number on the evening news. So keep on doing what you did here and so long as you respect my opinion, I'll respect yours and maybe we can learn from each other. By the way, I notice you are new, so welcome to the site. Hope to meet you at one of our rallies somewhere, someday.

Big B

Well said Big B...

Jim... I too proudly served my country.. for 22 years.... in 2 war zones. We just see some things differently. Welcome to the site and thanks for your perspective.

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 01:13:38 PM »

Good riddance.  Now maybe they can get on with it and bring the troops home.

Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 04:58:12 PM »

Having never been amongst the Ranks of our Country's Armed Forces, I don't expect my opinion to carry the weight of those who have, concerning this matter.  However, I have supported, and will continue to support, the Men and Women who have fought, and died for my freedom.  I do this by paying my taxes, and going out of my way to Thank each and every Soldier I see, for my Freedom.  There are decisions being made in High Places, which are based on facts and information we will never have knowledge of, or, be informed about.  All we will know, is how the liberal media sees this War, or anything else they choose to focus on, and reports it.  That said, how can I make an intelligent decision about our Country's involvement in Irag, without all the facts?  How can I stand on the sidelines, under the blanket of Security this Great Country provides for me, and defame those that have this information?  I can't, really.  I must trust those in Power over this situation, to do the right thing.  I don't know about the World, but I think the USA is a safer place, with Saddam decomposing.  What I do know is, I'm glad I haven't been entrusted with the great burden our Commander in Chief has.  :( Later--HUBBARD                
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 05:03:17 PM »

Having never been amongst the Ranks of our Country's Armed Forces, I don't expect my opinion to carry the weight of those who have, concerning this matter.  However, I have supported, and will continue to support, the Men and Women who have fought, and died for my freedom.  I do this by paying my taxes, and going out of my way to Thank each and every Soldier I see, for my Freedom.  There are decisions being made in High Places, which are based on facts and information we will never have knowledge of, or, be informed about.  All we will know, is how the liberal media sees this War, or anything else they choose to focus on, and reports it.  That said, how can I make an intelligent decision about our Country's involvement in Irag, without all the facts?  How can I stand on the sidelines, under the blanket of Security this Great Country provides for me, and defame those that have this information?  I can't, really.  I must trust those in Power over this situation, to do the right thing.  I don't know about the World, but I think the USA is a safer place, with Saddam decomposing.  What I do know is, I'm glad I haven't been entrusted with the great burden our Commander in Chief has.  :( Later--HUBBARD                

Couldn't be said better. Right on Hubbard! Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 05:30:57 PM »

Having never been amongst the Ranks of our Country's Armed Forces, I don't expect my opinion to carry the weight of those who have, concerning this matter.  However, I have supported, and will continue to support, the Men and Women who have fought, and died for my freedom.  I do this by paying my taxes, and going out of my way to Thank each and every Soldier I see, ....  :( Later--HUBBARD                
Hubbard,
Well said, thanks. Being a Vet that's all we can ask for. I joined the military at the ending of Viet Nam when a lot in our country didn't give Vets the respect they deserved. Along with that I know that even those in the Armed Forces (throughout the ranks) don't know all the "Intel" but have chosen to protect what they have been directed/ordered to do w/o any hesitation. You are right on point about not being entrusted w/the great burden of being Commander in Chief that is one job that I would never want. Have you ever looked at any of their before/after pictures? The stress of that job has aged them terribly. [smiley=nervous.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 09:29:11 PM »

Well said Hubbard...

Jim

Bagger

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 09:34:42 PM »

Hubbard, You are VERY welcome........and THANK YOU, Brother, for remembering those of us who have served, and are still serving.  Your support means more than you know.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 10:11:19 PM »

[highlight]There are decisions being made in High Places, which are based on facts and information we will never have knowledge of, or, be informed about.[/highlight]

SEULTRA: That is true. I work in such an environment.

[highlight]All we will know, is how the liberal media sees this War, or anything else they choose to focus on, and reports it. [/highlight]

SEULTRA: Actually there are all kinds of media reporting their particular slant on the war in Iraq (among other things) and not all of it is liberal biased.

[highlight]That said, how can I make an intelligent decision about our Country's involvement in Irag, without all the facts?[/highlight]

SEULTRA: I guess you're in the same boat as the rest of us... we gather information from sources we deem credible and then form an opinion and that is what we believe and profess.

[highlight]How can I stand on the sidelines, under the blanket of Security this Great Country provides for me, and defame those that have this information?  I can't, really.[/highlight]

SEULTRA: Good for you Hub... defaming is counter productive and akin to a cheap shot ... asking well thought out, honest and sincere questions is IMHO, patriotic.

[highlight]I must trust those in Power over this situation, to do the right thing.[/highlight]

SEULTRA: Confidence in our leaders is a good thing and should be re-evaluated from time to time to ensure it is well placed.  

I don't know about the World, but I think the USA is a safer place, with Saddam decomposing.
What I do know is, I'm glad I haven't been entrusted with the great burden our Commander in Chief has.
  :( Later--HUBBARD                

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2007, 11:03:38 PM »

I fall right in line with my Brother Hubbard! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] As 1 death of a fallen soldier is too much, it is the sacrifice of freedom and of war. As we are constantly reminded of the death toll of this war it got me to thinking about the lives that are lost in this country EVERY DAY. After a Yahoo search I was alarmed to see the yearly totals of murder in this wonderful country we live in. Since 2002-2005 there was over 65,000 murders and over 5,500,000 violent crimes. Our soldiers are risking their lives for our Freedom and while 3000 deaths is a great number, it is relatively small compared to the senseless deaths that go on in our cities and neighborhoods EVERYDAY! And how much of this is reported in our press today? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] If we are going to judge the affects of a war on a number, then we are loosing a senseless war right here in our own country! God Bless our Soldiers and God Bless America! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007, 11:33:43 PM »

I fall right in line with my Brother Hubbard! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] As 1 death of a fallen soldier is too much, it is the sacrifice of freedom and of war. As we are constantly reminded of the death toll of this war it got me to thinking about the lives that are lost in this country EVERY DAY. After a Yahoo search I was alarmed to see the yearly totals of murder in this wonderful country we live in. Since 2002-2005 there was over 65,000 murders and over 5,500,000 violent crimes. Our soldiers are risking their lives for our Freedom and while 3000 deaths is a great number, it is relatively small compared to the senseless deaths that go on in our cities and neighborhoods EVERYDAY! And how much of this is reported in our press today? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] If we are going to judge the affects of a war on a number, then we are loosing a senseless war right here in our own country! God Bless our Soldiers and God Bless America! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I agree and we're not even mentioning that although these men and women would rather not be there, they all volunteered to serve their country.  On 9/11 it took only hours for the terrorists to take 3,000 lives ON OUR SOIL, and although 1 is too many it's taken several years for us to loose 3,000 in Iraq and not 1 attack on U.S. soil since.  For that time span we are fortunate to have only lost that many and the only exlplanation for that is that we have the best trained and equiped military in the world.  Again, I'm not a prophet but do you imagine that if we pulled out of Iraq today that a year from now we could say the same thing?    

These Islamic extremists were not provoked to strike us because we were in Afganistan or Iraq.  We are in Afganistan and Iraq because we were provoked to strike back.

Just some more of my thoughts [smiley=soapbox.gif]

Jim
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:34:59 PM by owenja »

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »

Jim
Amen to that brother! Thats my kind of rant!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 02:11:49 PM »

[highlight]I hope[/highlight] and pray that the Presidents soon to be announced [highlight]"new policy" will work [/highlight]and help speed up the outcome in Iraq so that our troups can be home with their families as we all are.
Jim

This parrots my concern as well.  It appears with the policy yet to be announced many in Congress are positioning the nation for another "CF" in Iraq.

It would never happen but I would sure love to see the media stop coloring the perception of our success or failure in Iraq and simply let the military do its mission.

With the Presidential election only two years away and the democrats sweeping victories in the last election, I fear the next two years will drag our military along through a ridiculous battle to win political victories at home rather than the needed victory in Iraq.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2007, 03:12:54 PM »

I have no doubt in my heart that Sadaan deserved his fate, no sympathy for him at all. I am angered at the statements his family made afterward calling him a " mytyr"  and angried still that there were demonstrations after his execution. But those demonstrations made me realize that he had many supporters who were such of their own mind and not simply out of fear for him. So we have Sunni's, Shiites, Batthists, and Kurds that all want to run the country and none want to share power with the others. They all have centuries old scores to settle with each other and a hatred that runs so deep we as Americans cannot even begin to fathom it. In my mind, they only "stratagy" that could possible hope to resolve this conflict is total anniliation of all parties involved. Did not God obliterate Soddam and Gommorah as his only means of dealing with them ? Did not God create the Great Flood ? In an area where children are raised to hate from birth, there are no innocents. When women strap bombs to their chests to fulfill their desitiny in fight the Jihad there are no innocents. So what should we do ? This is not a war that can be won with foot soldiers and rifles. Not even a war that can be won with tanks and Bradley Fighting vehicles. This is a war that can only be won with superiorf fire power and superior technology. The question for all of us is " do we have the national will to create another Hiroshima ? "  " Can we withstand the worldwide condemnation of another Nagasaki ? " If the answer to that is no, then accept that it is time to admit the entire war was a collosal blunder and get out as quickly as possible and leave these people to their own destinies.

B B  

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 01:45:54 PM »

I have no doubt in my heart that Saddam deserved his fate, no sympathy for him at all. I am angered at the statements his family made afterward calling him a " mytyr"  and angried still that there were demonstrations after his execution. But those demonstrations made me realize that he had many supporters who were such of their own mind and not simply out of fear for him. So we have Sunni's, Shiites, Batthists, and Kurds that all want to run the country and none want to share power with the others. They all have centuries old scores to settle with each other and a hatred that runs so deep we as Americans cannot even begin to fathom it. In my mind, they only "stratagy" that could possible hope to resolve this conflict is total anniliation of all parties involved. Did not God obliterate Soddam and Gommorah as his only means of dealing with them ? Did not God create the Great Flood ? In an area where children are raised to hate from birth, there are no innocents. When women strap bombs to their chests to fulfill their desitiny in fight the Jihad there are no innocents. So what should we do ? This is not a war that can be won with foot soldiers and rifles. Not even a war that can be won with tanks and Bradley Fighting vehicles. This is a war that can only be won with superiorf fire power and superior technology. The question for all of us is " do we have the national will to create another Hiroshima ? "  " Can we withstand the worldwide condemnation of another Nagasaki ? " If the answer to that is no, then accept that it is time to admit the entire war was a collosal blunder and get out as quickly as possible and leave these people to their own destinies.

B B  

Good points, B B....

The military "portion" of this war in Iraq was won in a few months.  The nearsightedness, and lack of understanding the consequences of removing the lid from Pandora's box which, right or wrong, had been held in place by a ruthless dictator, Saddam, is unforgivable.  There can be no military victory in Iraq, given the situation now.  The military victory has already been won.  This is now a security/police function, with no end in sight.  Nuking the whole bunch, while for each of us might be a gut reaction to solve the problem, is not an option anyone can pursue.  We do not train our military to perform the function of policemen at this point in time.  Perhaps a portion of the armed services should be better trained in that capacity, but the current administration did not plan past the end of their own nose, IMO, so here we are, bogged down in a situation where the very people we started out thinking we were going to help, are killing both our soldiers and each other because of political/nuances of religion/ethnic issues they have had with each other for hundreds and hundreds of years.  The "liberal" press, Congress, and we as Citizens, should, and have the right to, question our leadership when there have been horrendous mistakes made in policy/procedure which continue to keep our brave men and women pinned down in a currently untenable situation.  After the lines of battle have been blurred by the defeat of an enemies armed forces, the military role is no longer clearly defined.  What is their job at this point?  To go on patrol every day in a concrete and dirt jungle, scare up a few insurgents, shoot them or arrest them, get shot at, or worse, killed?  Repeat this same behavior day in and day out for how long?  To make that country stable at this point is not a military problem, it is a political one.  How much money, and how many lives should be lost in the attempt to solve what is now tribal warfare between factions competing for power, and who obviously are not interested in "our" solution to "their" problems.  Our presence is providing a focal point for various "causes", and a target for those who do not value their own lives, much less anyone else's.

There are no simple solutions to complex problems, and removing/replacing political/governmental structure in a divided country is about as complex as it gets....

I'm glad the SOB is dead, but I'm not sure of our methods of achieving that goal...there are easier/cheaper ways to get rid of individuals...perhaps we should have just killed the ones we knew were "bad", and let some others step up to the plate until we decided on somebody we could live with.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 04:14:57 PM »

I believe our military should be used for operations to ensure our national security and not as policemen in foreign countries. I agree that the military mission in Iraq is complete. Return control of Iraq back to the elected government so they can govern themselves. They will evolve into what works for them (they've been doing that for thousands of years). I seriously doubt it will ever resemble our form of government.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2007, 12:06:54 PM »

Maybe should be in cvo pets, guess who's cat.............

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2007, 12:10:12 PM »

Hey! Rjob
Thats cold but I liked it !!

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2007, 08:22:26 PM »

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room" (Dr. Strangelove,1964)

[smiley=stop.gif] [smiley=hanged.gif] [smiley=2cr_01.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 21 queries.