Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: could this really happen?  (Read 8162 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:23:56 AM by laylonlor »

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
could this really happen
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 10:22:34 AM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
Re: could this really happen?
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 10:29:46 AM »

It sure can, on both the state and Federal level...  :nixweiss:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 10:59:11 AM »

Not defending the cops.......................but if you are carrying large sums of cash and drug para, you can expect a BIG hassle from law enforcement. Thats just the way it is. Do you mind if I look in your car? Hell yes I mind and you are on your way with a ticket, unless of course you are extremly suspious looking. The chance of the officer being able to get a warrant sighed without good prob cause is remote.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 11:34:33 AM »

Not defending the cops.......................but if you are carrying large sums of cash and drug para, you can expect a BIG hassle from law enforcement. Thats just the way it is. Do you mind if I look in your car? Hell yes I mind and you are on your way with a ticket, unless of course you are extremly suspious looking. The chance of the officer being able to get a warrant sighed without good prob cause is remote.

I lived the first half of my life in Texas and I can tell you that "he ain't fr'm 'round here" is probable cause to get a warrant in less than 5 minutes. Back in the day me and my wife drove from Houston to Longview (east Texas) to my buddy's dad's funeral. This was in the 80's and with no GPS we couldn't find the church. So I pulled over when I saw two cops standing next to their cruisers talking to ask for direction. As soon as I got out of my car and saw their reaction I knew I had made a mistake. They stopped talking, both turned around, rested their hands on their guns, and kept staring at me. I looked guilty as hell. I was wearing a suit, had a beard and a pony tail, was driving a black Porsche, and it didn't help that I asked for directions to the only Catholic church in town (God fearing people are all Southern Baptists). Now if that ain't a drug dealer from the big city, I don't know what is. They relaxed a little when I mentioned a funeral. I did not pay attention to their directions I was so scared because of their body language. So I thanked them in the thickest Texas accent i could muster, slowly walked back to my car, got in it, and drove away. It is scary how you can get in trouble for doing nothing.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 11:45:47 AM »

(snip).. It is scary how you can get in trouble for doing nothing.

Just like when you were a kid and now married....  ;)
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2007 FLSTN

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 07:07:24 AM »

Do you mind if I look in your car? Hell yes I mind and you are on your way with a ticket, unless of course you are extremly suspious looking.

not to mention that you have to be extremely specific in your response.  the questions are asked in such a way that if you just answer 'yes' or 'no', you're screwed.

do you mind if i look in your car?  if you answer 'yes', then they say 'okay, yes, i can look in your car'....  say no, and that becomes 'no you don't mind'.....  answer 'no, you may not look'.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 07:44:27 AM »

I know, have known and have had family members who were/are cops. ALL, I repeat, ALL of them believe that everyone is guilty or hiding something.

ALL of them feel/felt that they are "above" the letter of the law. ALL of them have or routinely drive drunk, speed and know without a shadow of a doubt that they will never be charged. ALL of them have told me that they have several unregistered hand guns that they carry in case they have a mistakes shooting so they can place a gun in the dead victims hand.

ALL of them make a lot more money than their pay checks would reflect.

And we all wonder why we feel concerned when a cop is close by.

My neighbor, a retired detective, actually asked my other neighbor what I do for a living. He told the other neighbor that he was concerned because I live in a nice new home, have two new cars and a CVO but I seem to be at home a lot and gone for long periods. My good neighbor said that the questioning was very serious. This cop neighbor would never speak to me before this.

When the good neighbor told him that I was a Global Sales Manager and that I worked from my home when I wasn't traveling. The cop now talks to me.

Funny I was guilty, of something, before I was proved innocent!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

mark

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »

Lots of legal expertise on this site.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:20:16 AM by Mark »

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 12:01:48 PM »

Come on willyB,
Thats not fair...being a police officer is a tough job...those guys and gals put their lives on the line every day. Hell they cannot respond to even a domestic call without the real fear of being shot to death. I am not nieve enough to think that all officers are law abiding citizens but I would hope that there are no more bad cops then there are bad lawyers, doctors or clergymen. I would also hope that I am not nieve believing that the majority of police officers are good people who take pride in doing their job to the best of their ability. I do agree that the judicial system could use some fixing though.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 05:13:22 PM »

I know, have known and have had family members who were/are cops. ALL, I repeat, ALL of them believe that everyone is guilty or hiding something.
Funny I was guilty, of something, before I was proved innocent!

The laws of the United States of America are written in such away that everyone is guilty of breaking some law day in and day out; it really is impossible not to with the volume of laws on the books.  It is just a matter of which law you will be charged with.

Have you ever notice the shift of tone from "police" officer to "law enforcement" officer?  When I was growing up they were called police officers.  Police officers were there to keep the peace and they exercised their judgement on how to handle the situation.  Now they are called law enforcement officers and are quick to haul you in.  There really has been a shift in attitude with the change in the terminology used to describe their jobs.

The awful thing today is there is no grace, mercy, forgiveness or redemption in today's society.  Once you have been charged with a crime you will always have that mark whether you were proven guilty or not and even if the charges was dropped.  If you serve your time and paid your debt to society, you will always be branded a felon.  The debt is never forgiven. 

The Wall Street Journal recently ran stories about how these arrests have ruined peoples lives even though they were never charged.  I Praise Jesus Christ that my debts are paid and my slate is wiped clean through the price that he paid.   :)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:20:01 PM by charles05663 »
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 06:54:45 AM »

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 07:00:36 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.