Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need opinions on new CVO  (Read 1476 times)

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member
Need opinions on new CVO
« on: August 30, 2008, 11:12:40 AM »

Hey all...
If you look to the left you will see that I have been a member here for a long time. I enjoyed my
flhrsei2 for 5 years. I decided I wanted a change and purchased a 2009 BMW LT, kept this a couple months and traded it on a new 2008 BMW RT. I absoultly love  the RT and am not ready for a change yet. OK the point of all this is that I got a call yesterday from a Harley dealer friend I have dealt with for years and who is aware of my bike history. Long story short he offered me a new Sreaming Eagle road glide for MSRP no set up or frieght. Just list and taxes ect. I think this would be an outstanding deal as I read here often. I know this deal is not available to most as the last one they sold was $3500.00 over plus set up freight ect. The question is should I buy it and flip it for a quick buck. Are there any buyers here at just a little over MSRP for my time and trouble. I know I would love keeping it but my finacial situation does not allow this bike and the new RT. I think he is just tempting me as he knows I am impulsive and he laughs at my BMW. Any Thoughts, any buyers here having trouble getting one. Maybe I could help a member here get one or get one sooner or possibly cheaper. Just throwing this out for some feedback. I am making no promises that this will happen, I am just sitting at work with nothing to do and thought I would throw this out for comments and possible interseting conversation.
Thanks for your thoughts.
David

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: Need opinions on new CVO
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »

Do not do it.........
if you are not keeping the bike.......
you will not make any money or may lose some when all is done....
even if you could make a little money, at what risk? on the hook for $35k
make $2k and all that risk....what about taxes? that will eat up the profit and the buyer would be second owner?

There are easier ways to make money than buying a 35K CVO bike in a down economy

Why do you think he is making any concession? 

The only thing that is really limited about them is how many they thought they could sell.....
if they could sell 10,000 they would make them
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 11:22:24 AM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 11:25:15 AM »

I've got agree with FLHTCUSE3 It wouldn't seem like a wise "investment" to flip. FWIW

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 11:28:22 AM »

Ya you are right.  I would not do it so much for the money, just seems like fun to ride for a while and have a guranteed out later. Back to the old saying "if it sounds to good to be true it prolly is". O well it was fun thinking about it.
Thanks,
David

screaminchickensrule

• Senior CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN CHICKENS RULE

• CVO1: 2007 SEUC ORANGE & BLACK
    • CVO2: 2006 SEUC BLACK & GREY
    • PREMIER AUTO AND CYCLE SALES
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 11:36:19 AM »

Do not do it.........
make $2k and all that risk....what about taxes? that will eat up the profit and the buyer would be second owner?

There are easier ways to make money than buying a 35K CVO bike in a down economy

The only thing that is really limited about them is how many they thought they could sell.....

That is the main concern is the taxes... Don't know how your state works but in Missouri an individual would have to pay 7% of purchase price = $2000 + so you would have to charge someone 4000 to 4500 over MSRP to get the projected 2000 profit you would like to get for your time and effort... Now if you where a dealer and they would put the bike in your dealerships name then you wouldn't have to worry about the taxes. :drink:
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.  ~Author Unknown

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »

Right, slales tax on cars here in Chicago 9.25%  aint that nice, but we do get free trash pic-up...LOL

screaminchickensrule

• Senior CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN CHICKENS RULE

• CVO1: 2007 SEUC ORANGE & BLACK
    • CVO2: 2006 SEUC BLACK & GREY
    • PREMIER AUTO AND CYCLE SALES
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 12:02:09 PM »

then take the beemer to the curb LOL
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.  ~Author Unknown

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 12:11:26 PM »

Do not do it.........

Ditto I am struggling to sell my 03 SERK at a price that is above a standard RK today and my thoughts at purchase was that I would never have this issue and the value would stay stronger than a stock bike. NOT

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 01:53:11 PM »

No, I wouldn't do it with the idea of flipping it quickly.  Folks did that in the Chicago area even with standard models back in the 90's, but that was before H-D flooded the market and the economy took a serious dump.  I can find CVO's for MSRP all day long around here now, so I doubt you will be able to quickly flip the bike and break even (after taxes), much less make a profit.

Stick with the Beemer, the odds of not being stuck on the side of the road are much better. ;)

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 01:55:53 PM »

I took a beating selling my 07 serk, over 10k...tough market conditions, good time to be a used bike buyer..
At lease it went to a good home.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.